Allen 4th and 1 opinions wanted

Don Otreply

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It was a short run, but I think I qualifies as an Angry Run award, who’s with me on this? 

Go Bills!!!

Feliciano said that he was watching close because he figured one of the Dallas players would rip it out but that Josh was so hyped and just had such a grip on the football 

Josh has the Eye of the Tiger, no doubt

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Knox stiff arm early on, going out of bounds, was as angry and beautiful as it gets. He’s special after the catch 

I’d love to see Knox get it more.   He’s my 7 year old’s fav player.  Loves it when he “knoxs” defenders. 

54 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Great play. Best 4th and 1 by a Bill I've seen.

If you watch the replay and look at Josh's feet you'll realize it was going to be a pass play. Two receivers went out to the right but I couldn't tell if either was open.

That’s interesting. But I hope you are wrong. ;)  I really hope we didn't call a pass on 4 and 1.  JA is one of the best at QB sneaks in those situations.  

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

It might be among the greatest 1-yard (OK maybe 2) angry runs by a QB I've ever seen. That it came after a fumble recovery, where he had to reach into a mass of huge humanity to get the ball, makes it all the more epic. 

And pluck the ball out of great tightness, he was up to his elbows in there! I am still in awe.  

I believe this was the part of the play from God's PoV, after he picked it and started raging his way north over the LoS:20191128_223348.thumb.jpg.1f39e791e00745a718bc128f95fdda9e.jpg

Look at everybody just frozen in time.

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Unbelievable play by Josh

Isn't there a rule where an offensive play can't advance the ball after a fumble recovery? That was my first concern when I saw it 

They explained on the broadcast that it wasn't a fumble, but a backward pass. Backward passes can be advanced by anyone.

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not only a signature great play but fourth and one, and the VERY next play he over-ruled the playcall from Daboll on the double-reverse TD pass. Daboll told him don't run it if you see zone, he saw zone and ran it anyway because he loved the call. Dude has cojones. You gotta love it

A thought just hit me that this 4th down conversion is evocative of another massive QB run with the game on the line just over 30 yrs ago ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

If you watch the replay and look at Josh's feet you'll realize it was going to be a pass play. Two receivers went out to the right but I couldn't tell if either was open.

I saw the replay and it was not going to be a pass NONE of the WR's moved they were watching the QB sneak the whole time. 

Josh may have been going to sneak it by the guard with his footwork but he was not going to pass!

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It was his greatest moment since his hurdled Vs the Vikings. It's now his signature play. I'm so glad a lot of the people who just spout the same old cliches about him will change their minds a bit now after, you know, watching him play a game, rather than just repeating ***** they read.

That hurdle was the first time that Nance and Romo had said about Josh they'd never seen that before from a QB. Today, he made them say it again. 

Hopefully there will be more in the future. And if the Bills continue to play good football for a while, they'll have plenty of opportunities to have Nance and Romo call their games.

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Not sure it was a pass play, but if you look closely it's oretty clearAlen was backing out, so it wasn't a QB sneak. 

Either a pass play or bootleg run I think.