Allen 4th and 1 opinions wanted

Don Otreply

23 hours ago, Process said:

Unbelievable play by Josh

Isn't there a rule where an offensive play can't advance the ball after a fumble recovery? That was my first concern when I saw it 

Can be advanced by the player who fumbled, not another offensive player.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:35 AM, BuffaloButt said:

I saw the replay and it was not going to be a pass NONE of the WR's moved they were watching the QB sneak the whole time. 

Josh may have been going to sneak it by the guard with his footwork but he was not going to pass!

Pitch to Singletary?

I was in the stands at Joe Robbie Stadium when the Bills visited Miami in the 1989 season opener. The Bills were trailing with :02 left in regulation, and had the ball at the Miami 3 yl. Kelly dove across the goal line and scored, defeating the dolphins. It was the start of the Super Bowl era...Buffalo would play the Giants in XXV 17 months later. 

Josh Allen’s ferocious 4th down fumble/recovery/ripping thru the Dallas defense happened 30 years later on Thanksgiving. 

It has begun again. And it won’t take 17

months to get back to the Super Bowl this time.

23 hours ago, CSBill said:

Don’t have a subscription, what did they say?

They have a 50% special so I figured i'd get it for the last quarter of season but I needed to have my wife drive me today so I do not have my credit card and it expires in less than an hour.  That is what happens when you have short specials.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:25 PM, Heathcliff said:

I need to go back and rewatch but the refs huddled and then Romo said something about a forward pass?  I guess they were reviewing the rule book to see how they could hose us again?

I think Romo said it was a backward pass.  The refs had to determine whether or not Allen had the ball in his hands (he didn't).  The snap from the center is considered a backward pass (lateral), so anyone can advance it.  If Allen had his hands on it and dropped it, then it's a fumble and apparently an offensive player can not advance it.