Allen 4th and 1 opinions wanted

Don Otreply

7 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I saw the replay and it was not going to be a pass NONE of the WR's moved they were watching the QB sneak the whole time. 

Josh may have been going to sneak it by the guard with his footwork but he was not going to pass!

7 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Not sure it was a pass play, but if you look closely it's oretty clearAlen was backing out, so it wasn't a QB sneak. 

Either a pass play or bootleg run I think. 

Apparently it was supposed to be handed off to Singletary:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/29/bills-loved-josh-allens-superman-sneak/

• Like (+1) 1

A defining run for him.

A run that solidified his support from this teammates as the leader of the team.

A run that shows the true essence of what he is about, which is he an incredible competitor.  When I think of Brady, I think of his competitiveness.  I've been saying this for quite some time, Allen is a straight up competitor, more so than most.  It doesn't matter if its in the off season in hitting golfballs or popping champagne corks, he just wins.

He is the perfect player for this franchise and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.  He's just going to get better and better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I look at that play and then I look at the earlier Bears-Lions game where Trubisky was scrambling to get a first down and had it in his sights, but didn't want to muscle through a defender.  Reminded me of Orton. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not only a signature great play but fourth and one, and the VERY next play he over-ruled the playcall from Daboll on the double-reverse TD pass. Daboll told him don't run it if you see zone, he saw zone and ran it anyway because he loved the call. Dude has cojones. You gotta love it

Where'd you hear that? Dont disbelieve it but didnt see anything on it

52 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Where'd you hear that? Dont disbelieve it but didnt see anything on it

I read that on another thread, can’t Remember which one in all the spectacular levels of damn right happiness I’m experiencing just now. 

Go Bills!!!

Allen will quickly take the GSYQBOAT* title away from Brady by his 3rd or 4th season.

*Greatest Short Yardage QB Of All Time

My other favorite yard to go run by Allen was the one last year against the Jets where he nearly turned a QB sneak into a 50 yard run if he wasn't tackled by the shoestring. 

And going over the top against NE for the TD was so good and easy for him.

21 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It was his greatest moment since his hurdled Vs the Vikings. It's now his signature play. I'm so glad a lot of the people who just spout the same old cliches about him will change their minds a bit now after, you know, watching him play a game, rather than just repeating ***** they read.

It's great that this was a nationally televised game with a huge audience. I think there are a lot of people out there who will be paying attention to Allen going forward. 

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's great that this was a nationally televised game with a huge audience. I think there are a lot of people out there who will be paying attention to Allen going forward. 

Exactly. No turnovers. Nearly 80% completion percentage. Made plays through the air and on the ground. And showed everyone at home a play they have never seen a QB make before in the 100th NFL season.

• Like (+1) 1

First off, the Bills have clued in to the least kept secret of the NFL- you QB sneak on 3rd. & 4th. & 1, EVERY TIME! Brady has had a 95%+ success rate over his career, with 3 figures of attempts! McD has clearly been aware of this and approached Allen.THIS has been the first aspect of Allen’s unqualified success.

What you absolutely DON’T do is get a weak pulse and call a TO to think it over- as Bills’ eedgit HCs did again and again and again, during the Millenium. What is critical to success is immediately getting to the line and running the play with a Brady sized body.

Which the Bills now do, with a 6’5”, 250 mobile beast like Allen!

The weird science behind Tom Brady’s mastery of the QB sneak, which Josh Allen is already learning

USATSI_11855989-e1545321930828-1024x684.jpg
By Tim Graham  Dec 20, 2018comment-icon@2x.png 2 
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The quarterback sneak is oxymoronic. The play isn’t sneaky at all.

Everyone in the stadium knows what’s coming. The most duplicitous a team will get with a quarterback sneak is not asking the quarterback to run it, instead handing the ball to someone else to skirt the inevitable pileup.

Now imagine the Bills trying to hide their intentions with 6-foot-5, 237-pound Josh Allen, the rookie who communicated about 32 different tells before icing Sunday’s 14-13 victory over the Detroit Lions.

On fourth-and-1 with 1:50 remaining, Allen demanded the ball, showed the world he was going to plow forward with the way he staggered his feet and dove for a 2-yard gain.

“Where’s that 260-pound quarterback we got?” Bills coach Sean McDermott hollered in the Bills’ triumphant locker room. The emphatic, decisive play apparently made Allen larger than real life.”

Now, in the one yesterday, FUBARed on the snap, it then takes exceptional talent, to reach down for the ball and then bull forward for 3 yards, down the middle!

No, it wasn’t a David Tyree moment. But, it was an incredible LEADERSHIP moment, for their youngster. One not ever seen before by Tony Romo and one that cemented this team behind him, knowing that he will try anything to get the W.

And now, they will too.

Grabbing the ball dropped from the shotgun or a running back exchange is one thing.  To lose it at the snap on a 4th and short and the ball going into the mass of 300 pd men pile is crazy on it's own.  Than to basically bully the defenders like you are in the backyard vs your younger brother puts this play on another level.

• Like (+1) 2