Good teams overcome the officiating

Jasovon

10 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Overcame all of the penalties against us and the better team won!! Maybe some national respect now!!  The National Analysts can eat it!!

Go Bills!!!

Not expecting much respect despite a great win today.   the media play to the large markets....not enough viewers in Buffalo.   This was Gilmores gripe about being in Buffalo, no body knew who he was.  Now a  Pat, he gets all sort of national press.  Oh well....

Proud they did, when teams are pretty evenly matched as most teams are in the NFL officiating has a huge impact on the game

they were brutal today -  the touchdown overturned.....2 guys within 10 feet both with a clear view not screened by another player looking right at it. Clearly out by a foot and they both miss it. Unacceptable in my opinion it just really was the kind of was a call that was fitting for the whole day. Overcoming officiating is a nice thought but honestly there are circumstances that prevent it. The NFL needs/wants Dallas in the playoffs its a gigantic fan base and a huge television market and this league is about one thing - and IT'$ not about being fair

• Like (+1) 3

I started a list of the bad calls against the Bills, but I quit when the Bills took control and it was clear the Cowboys wouldn't be challenging them.

Right from the start, the Bills were losing a yard or so on most of the spots following Bills plays, and the Cowboys were getting extra yards for free.  There was rampant holding going on.  One pass play in particular had me screaming at the tv -- the Bill (probably Jerry Hughes) was trying to get to Prescott, and the O lineman had his arm completely around the Bill's neck.  No holding call, and the Cowboys got a big pass play out of it.

Watching today was fairly strange.  I was happy and pleased, but not very nervous.  Could it be we're just getting used to this team being really good?

So now they have a long week to prepare for the Ravens, and to see what San Francisco's defense tries to do to slow down Lamar Jackson. Things are breaking right.

I stopped worrying about officiating soon after HR Throwback.    If a couple bad penalties were the difference between winning or losing then you just didn't do enough to separate yourself.   Leave it to a handful of plays and you are tempting fate.   Adopt a similar attitude all the time and I think you will find that officiating will stop bothering you.

That said........those guys did stink today.   Their reviews are not going to be good with the league.    I would hope they don't get a playoff game.   

Romo had a hard time containing his homerism for the Cowboys with that no call on the double tap the Cowboys gave Allen sliding on the Bills first drive.   He said it was "close" then went on to say that a couple roughing calls against the Bills "will get called 100% of the time".?    There was nothing subjective about the late hit on Allen whatsoever.    That said..........did the Bills deserve a first down the way they played on the first two plays of the series?   Probably not.

I hope the Bills ruined Effitt Smith's Thanksgiving too.?

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I stopped worrying about officiating soon after HR Throwback.    If a couple bad penalties were the difference between winning or losing then you just didn't do enough to separate yourself.   Leave it to a handful of plays and you are tempting fate.   Adopt a similar attitude all the time and I think you will find that officiating will stop bothering you.

That said........those guys did stink today.   Their reviews are not going to be good with the league.    I would hope they don't get a playoff game.   

Romo had a hard time containing his homerism for the Cowboys with that no call on the double tap the Cowboys gave Allen sliding on the Bills first drive.   He said it was "close" then went on to say that a couple roughing calls against the Bills "will get called 100% of the time".?    There was nothing subjective about the late hit on Allen whatsoever.    That said..........did the Bills deserve a first down the way they played on the first two plays of the series?   Probably not.

I hope the Bills ruined Effitt Smith's Thanksgiving too.?

The one that really struck me was the illegal hands to the face call on Hughes. First off, he didn’t hit his facemask/helmet even though his hand was high, and secondly, if he did, that is an automatic 15 yard PF because the recipient of the blow was the qb. Yet they called it a 5 yarder! I didn’t see Any other hands to the face among the rest of the d-linemen. It nullified an INT. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The one that really struck me was the illegal hands to the face call on Hughes. First off, he didn’t hit his facemask/helmet even though his hand was high, and secondly, if he did, that is an automatic 15 yard PF because the recipient of the blow was the qb. Yet they called it a 5 yarder! I didn’t see Any other hands to the face among the rest of the d-linemen. It nullified an INT. 

People who believe that officiating tries to keep games close get ammunition for that argument with plays like that.    I think it happens.......it's human nature to an extent.   Things are happening very fast and even a slight, nearly subconscious bias (to the score or the team or the nature of the game) affecting a call or two is almost inevitable IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

Knew going into this one that they had to beat the refs as well.  The NFL is a business and the business does better with the Cowboys, Patriots and other select teams in the hunt- the Bills went in there and punched them in the gut! No amount of officiating interference was going to stop the Bills from winning- kudos to this staff for the preparation on a short week, Beane for assembling the players and the players for staying focused.  Unlike teams of the past this Bills team could be special.  I have been fortunate enough to meet Jim Kelly, Kent Hull, Thurman Thomas and Steve Tasker and all said the same thing - they weren’t the most talented but they played for each other and they consider themselves family.  When you have that anything is possible.  Great team win.  The future is definitely pointing up!

6 hours ago, Stampede said:

Didn't Marv Levy say (and I paraphrase): "If you blame the refs for losing you didn't deserve to win"?

Wasn’t he the guy who said something along the lines of, over officious jerk ? No matter what folk here say, the ref calls effect the outcome, just think of how many petty holding calls stall what would have been scoring drives, it’s happened to us numerous times, and sometimes The calls are so bad it boarders on cheating on the behalf of some teams. Jmo.

Go Bills!!!

16 hours ago, Jasovon said:

I have been told that for years, and I never believed it before today. We were 21 points better than dallas and it wasnt even close, incredible job all round.

If the NFL decides this team should be winning then watch out.

I agree but they shouldn’t have to do it every week. It seems like when we play on prime time or a large market team that we get officially screwed. Large market on prime time and you get what you saw on Thanksgiving. Total BS.