Tell us your favorite Ref moment today...

r00tabaga

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

I'll start. I loved the obvious non TD catch called a good catch.

Right in front of him. 

Oh no, it's better than that.  The back judge called him with the play right in front of him.  The line judge ran in from 15 yards down field, obstructed by the players, and over-rode him adamantly saying he was in. 

That guy can kick rocks.  He's not cashing Jerry's check tomorrow.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Hughes roughness penalty was terrible.

They only showed one replay of the hands to the face that nullified the interception. From what I saw that was a terrible call. The non-catch TD was weird, I think the guy got caught up into whether he had control or not and just forgot about the second foot. It was rather obvious.

And lastly, the late spot and challenge were bad. Usually these guys are amazingly good at spotting the ball but they missed that one by a yard. The replay looked convincing enough.

Credit them for not blowing dead the fumbled exchange on 4th and 1.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

TBD of course

; )

Twitter sniffed this one out pretty easily.

There were numerous times that went above and beyond a normal week's game.

I have more issue with the calls that were NOT made today. And that says a lot because the ones that were called we're horribly one sided.  Forget the stat differential. 

People don’t understand how good these corrupt pieces of trash are at calling incredibly one sided games while still keeping the penalty stats close at a cursory glance and usually even after more thorough investigation. Timing of the calls is huge and it’s hard to qualify and quantify the impact in a neat little one sentence summary. 

The nfl is highly scripted and just a little objective analysis should convince anyone of this.

Edited by BuffaloBill963
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

that was terrible. To be 100% fair, the closer ref (back judge i think) got the call right from the start. No clue whatsoever what the other ref was looking at that called it a TD. The second foot came down entirely in the white.

It ain’t just that, I don’t think he even came down with it after he hit the ground. To rule that a TD on the field was awful 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes the officiating in the NFL is by and large poor and they have bad games, but this game was horrendous. One of the most bias officiating jobs, I've ever seen. Its like Jerry Jones had a suitcase of cash delivered before the game to the Refs lockerroom . There weren't just 2-3 bad calls but at least 5-6 really bad calls and a couple of bad no calls. The Jerry Hughes penalty on Prescott was utterly ridiculous but the topper was the NON Dallas TD. Not even close!! To add icing on the officiating's cake of excrement was the Bills challenge of the terrible spot near the end of the game. Every replay showed Gore landing with no knee down on the 32 yard line. Yet even after replay review the ref somehow marked him back at the 33?? It didn't matter by that stage but what the hell!!!

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The DB never initiates contact. That isn't PI. I thought the refs were absolute garbage today. And I think it went against us more than it went for us but I don't think there was a conspiracy to make us lose. 

If you initiate contact as DB without turning your head around it’s 100% always PI and he absolutely does.

knox has a right to try to make the catch, and contact from DB prevents it. As his head never turned toward the ball it’s 100% always PI

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

How about when they refused to overturn the obvious 3rd down conversion by Gore at the end or the game? It was clear as day.  So petty. 

Also, how do the Bills get 3 illegal contact calls and the Cowboys get none? I guarantee you those cowboys defenders were just as “handsy “ as our guys.

It was very suspect that they called White for two early holding calls on Cooper and then they suddenly realized he’s an All-Pro and had to back off lmao

• Like (+1) 1

And people really think that these are human error 100% of the time. 

I get it.  It’s a VERY hard job. It’s a job that can be made easier by adding more officials in the booth with monitors.  So, if it can be fixed so easily, why don’t they fix it you ask?  Because then it’ll be fixed and the NFL won’t be able to pull as many strings.  

the ref that overruled the back judge on the Dallas (incomplete) td pass had to have had an agenda.  There’s just no way anyone could think that he got 2 feet in bounds if they had been watching the play.  If he wasn’t watching the play.......how could he over rule another ref?  Because he had an agenda, regardless of what he saw. Had to have been.  No way anyone sees a TD there

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My favourite moment was the PI called on Dallas that gave us a 1st down where our receiver jumped into the guy. In fact I didn't think either of the PI calls we got were PI. There was a long list of Cowboys friendly incorrect calls too. 

I get why people think they were corrupt. It did feel like that. I'd guess they are just absolute rubbish though.  

I like that they let "everyone" even the really special people post on the board.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Emmitt Smith was guest spotting with them, I'm sure you can excuse Emmitt's bias and lack of journalistic professionalism considering the situation.

I've never heard a commentator mock a kicker for missing a field goal on a live broadcast. Total bush league move.

3 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

The 

Blind ref that called the Cowboys touchdown that was overturned.   clear as day his second foot was OOB by a lot

that was a terrible call.  made worse by the fact he overruled the ref who was closer and correctly called the WR out of bounds. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And people really think that these are human error 100% of the time. 

I get it.  It’s a VERY hard job. It’s a job that can be made easier by adding more officials in the booth with monitors.  So, if it can be fixed so easily, why don’t they fix it you ask?  Because then it’ll be fixed and the NFL won’t be able to pull as many strings.  

the ref that overruled the back judge on the Dallas (incomplete) td pass had to have had an agenda.  There’s just no way anyone could think that he got 2 feet in bounds if they had been watching the play.  If he wasn’t watching the play.......how could he over rule another ref?  Because he had an agenda, regardless of what he saw. Had to have been.  No way anyone sees a TD there

that guy did appear to be lime 70 years old.  I think some of these guys don’t have the vision or cognitive skills to catch the calls given the fast nature of the game.  Not that every 70 would lack those skills, but you’d think they would test them or put more refs.  Luckily instant replay saves that disaster call. 

• Thank you (+1) 1