Tell us your favorite Ref moment today...

r00tabaga

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And people really think that these are human error 100% of the time. 

I get it.  It’s a VERY hard job. It’s a job that can be made easier by adding more officials in the booth with monitors.  So, if it can be fixed so easily, why don’t they fix it you ask?  Because then it’ll be fixed and the NFL won’t be able to pull as many strings.  

the ref that overruled the back judge on the Dallas (incomplete) td pass had to have had an agenda.  There’s just no way anyone could think that he got 2 feet in bounds if they had been watching the play.  If he wasn’t watching the play.......how could he over rule another ref?  Because he had an agenda, regardless of what he saw. Had to have been.  No way anyone sees a TD there

So, you believe that he saw the second foot land out of bounds, but called a touchdown anyway based upon an agenda? Under this premise, I’m guessing that this official had no idea that all scoring plays are automatically reviewed? 

Why would he call the TD if he *knew* it wasn’t, knowing the play would be reviewed? It’s much more likely that he thought it was a borderline play, and if it was called a TD, it would be reviewed versus if it was called incomplete it would force a coach to throw a flag. He made a bad call. Refs need to be better - much better. But, I tend to not believe in the “fix is in” scenario. 

God there were so many to choose from.

Hands on Cooper by Tre (ticky tack) though Gilmore was allowed to mug him to death on Sunday.

No call on Josh (roughing the passer while sliding)

Hands to the face negating the TO.  Phillips I believe? Hand never went above the players neck. BS call to keep Dallas' drive alive.

Unsportsmanlike on Hughes, though that one was borderline.

The one legged TD that never should of needed reviewing.

The Gore 1st down they called short, even after clear review proved otherwise.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Seriously what crew was that? All my family members couldn't believe how bad the officiating was. I prefaced the game telling them the calls were going to be in Dallas' favor, due to the tripping calls last week. That the refs would "make it up to them". They all laughed and gave me crap. After the Hyde interception got reversed, they all thought I was some kind of genius lol. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If you initiate contact as DB without turning your head around it’s 100% always PI and he absolutely does.

knox has a right to try to make the catch, and contact from DB prevents it. As his head never turned toward the ball it’s 100% always PI

I think Knox initiated the contact. He has a right to try catch the ball but he tries to move through the DB to do so. If the DB moves into him I agree it is PI. That is not what I saw. 

4 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

I'll start. I loved the obvious non TD catch called a good catch.

Right in front of him. 

It was so adorable how the refs valiantly tried to comply with their recent memo entitled "keep the cowboys in this game"....the first 8 minutes were vintage work. The Bills had to beat 2 teams today and they did.

44 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Seriously what crew was that? All my family members couldn't believe how bad the officiating was. I prefaced the game telling them the calls were going to be in Dallas' favor, due to the tripping calls last week. That the refs would "make it up to them". They all laughed and gave me crap. After the Hyde interception got reversed, they all thought I was some kind of genius lol. 

I said the same thing to my family & friends and after that first 8 minutes I looked like Nostradamus. Eventually not even the refs could keep up with the Cowboys' ineptitude. The Bills are for real and the nation better get used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, NC Book said:

They were horrible. And look, in any sport at any level, the fancied teams, more fashionable teams.... the name teams... whatever phrase you want to use get the benefit of the doubt on officiating calls. It is just human nature and refs are (I think at least) all human. You expect and believe the guys in the star to be special so when you see a 50/50 call your sub conscious bias sees it in their favour. I think the Bills were victims of that last night and have been for many of the last 20 years. If the narrative around them changes to the point where the officials think "hey this is a darn good Buffalo team" then you will see them start to benefit a little from that. But as Bills fans seriously guys... we need to get away from this conspiracy theory thing. The refs aren't secretly getting together to say "we need to screw the Bills and make sure the Cowboys win." It just isn't happening that way.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My favourite moment was the PI called on Dallas that gave us a 1st down where our receiver jumped into the guy. In fact I didn't think either of the PI calls we got were PI. There was a long list of Cowboys friendly incorrect calls too. 

I get why people think they were corrupt. It did feel like that. I'd guess they are just absolute rubbish though.  

Make up calls for garbage call against the Bills earlier.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The DB never initiates contact. That isn't PI. I thought the refs were absolute garbage today. And I think it went against us more than it went for us but I don't think there was a conspiracy to make us lose. 

You should be an NFL Official. You already possess the first requirement, that being of poor eyesight. Clear PI by rule on play to Knox. Jeez....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about when they had Gene Steratore on the broadcast and he declared “they’re letting them play and that’s a good thing?”  This was right after the two illegal contact calls on Tre. Not only were they in the bag for Dallas, they were trying to gaslight the audience about it.  Egregious.  

• Like (+1) 1

Many times before I read complaints about referees here. I thought it's just fans whinning.

But this game against Cowboys had absolutely one-sided officiating. Referees did everything possible to kill our team and give a victory to Dallas.  When umpair proclaimed the foul cancelling INT his face distorted, he felt he spoke full sh*t.

9 hours ago, section122 said:

I disagree with the rest of your post but this part the most strongly.  Defender never turned his head around and impeded Knox's attempt at a catch.  Clear pi by rule.

Agree...By not turning his head, the DB was not in a position to play the ball. By rule, any attempt by a DB to tackle the WR in such a circumstance is PI

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Knox initiated the contact. He has a right to try catch the ball but he tries to move through the DB to do so. If the DB moves into him I agree it is PI. That is not what I saw. 

True but if we're thinking of the same play the DB never looked back for the ball. That'll draw the flag every time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They were horrible. And look, in any sport at any level, the fancied teams, more fashionable teams.... the name teams... whatever phrase you want to use get the benefit of the doubt on officiating calls. It is just human nature and refs are (I think at least) all human. You expect and believe the guys in the star to be special so when you see a 50/50 call your sub conscious bias sees it in their favour. I think the Bills were victims of that last night and have been for many of the last 20 years. If the narrative around them changes to the point where the officials think "hey this is a darn good Buffalo team" then you will see them start to benefit a little from that. But as Bills fans seriously guys... we need to get away from this conspiracy theory thing. The refs aren't secretly getting together to say "we need to screw the Bills and make sure the Cowboys win." It just isn't happening that way.

Good viewpoint, and probably largely accurate. Where there is an element of 'fail', is in the last sentence or two. If it read 'we need to screw Hughes' and then 'it just is happening that way' you would be spot on.

Jerry probably won't get another holding call in his career - unless it's against him. Because he had more attitude than most, even before the blow up with the zebra in the tunnel, he used to cop some very dubious calls, now, the only stuff being called, is against him. I think this should be as clear as day, tbh.

The problem I have with that, is that if the zebras are going to act like that against a player, it's a simple extension of the principle, that they can act like that against a team. I don't, however think they are out to shaft a particular team i.e. the Bills, but rather that there may be some who would be quite prepared to try and influence individual games.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep.."confirmation bias"

Bill Vinovich head ref yesterday, ironically the same ref that didnt call pass interference in the NFC championship game last year to help pave the way for Rams to go to the Super Bowl.

He's as crooked as they come 

Edited by Negan