The Bills can still win the #1 seed in AFC

BITE ME

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How awesome is it that we are talking about backing into a division winner instead of talking about how we need to win out the last 6 games and have 3 different teams lose specific games?

I never buy the "backing in" logic.  If you get in/win based on the established rules, you did not back in, you won.  This is a back handed way to diminish an accomplishment. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, djp14150 said:

FOR DIVISION 

Bills win out and one of the following need to ioccur

1. New England lose to miami tiebreaker  division record 

2. New England loses 2 other games...better record 13-3 to 12-4

3 NE lose to Cincinnati...tiebreaker conference record 

if NE splits HOU and KC then buffalo beats thrm, NE still has better common games record if they are tied at  12-3 going into week 17

So it’s basically almost impossible. Besides the Bills winning out (and beating the two best teams in the AFC in the process), NE needs to lose to one of the two worst teams in the conference as well.

But I’ll tell you what, if the Bills actually win out then they have a change to win a championship even as a wild card.

Edited by vincec

On 11/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, RyanC883 said:

we do we lose to?  I think the Ravens are the toughest team left.  But we have them at home with the 12th man :)

We have proven that on any given game day ANY team in the NFL case present very real problems for us. We seem to be improving, as we’d hope especially on offense, but we could lose to any and every team left on the schedule. I’m not getting ahead of things here. Stay humble and pray for the best. 

On 11/28/2019 at 8:15 PM, FUTURIST said:

The #1 seed in the AFC is not nonsense when you have Baltimore at home and the Patriots looks VERY beatable.  

The Bills have to win out and the Pats have to drop an additional game besides losing to us.  Not a likely scenario.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, djp14150 said:

FOR DIVISION 

Bills win out and one of the following need to ioccur

1. New England lose to miami tiebreaker  division record 

2. New England loses 2 other games...better record 13-3 to 12-4

3 NE lose to Cincinnati...tiebreaker conference record 

if NE splits HOU and KC then buffalo beats thrm, NE still has better common games record if they are tied at  12-3 going into week 17

Winning out and winning the division would be a glorious scenario that not only has the Bills winning the division, but also home field for the playoffs.  Go Bills!