As a die hard Wyoming fan why the negativity towards Josh?

The Virginian

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Srsly, someone from this board gloating on the Jets board?  How can you tell?  Never mind, I doan wanna know.  We have another game from them, whoever you are - "don't woof and lose"

In this instance, The Virginian has been here since the 2018 draft as a Wyoming fan and typically doesn't say too much unless it's interesting.

I think it's probably mostly "can you guys get it straight and support Josh now?" mixed with some frustration at watching a player he clearly loves get regularly hated on here...sometimes for reasons that really aren't too valid - like lack of 300 yd games or 30+ yd passes or failure to play like Russ Wilson does now...

...forgetting or not being aware that in his first 2 years in the league, Wilson averaged 195 and 210 ypg, respectively (though I believe he may have had a couple 300 yard passing games during his 2nd season) - the point is, he wasn't winning any passing shootouts at that time.

The question he should be asking is how that crappy Wyoming program made Allen look so bad and kept him from being the #1 overall pick. 

Then he could be posting on a Browns board where nobody is ever skeptical of organizational choices. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wilson did have two 300 yard games in his second season.  He also had four games in which he threw for under 200 ... his TEAM went 3-1 in those games.

You're talking about his 2nd season there, right?  Because he had something like eight games in which he threw for under 200 yds hs first season.

My point isn't that Josh Allen is or will be another Russell Wilson, by the way ....my point is that a number of current great QBs started out with very modest passing numbers, and developed.  Either Josh will develop, or he won't.  We can just wait and see, but throwing out arbitrary benchmarks that aren't correlated to winning is not particularly useful.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The question he should be asking is how that crappy Wyoming program made Allen look so bad and kept him from being the #1 overall pick. 

Then he could be posting on a Browns board where nobody is ever skeptical of organizational choices.

?

You ask him

Me, I'm just glad it all fell out as it did (and for Josh's sake too)

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're talking about his 2nd season there, right?  Because he had something like eight games in which he threw for under 200 yds hs first season.

My point isn't that Josh Allen is or will be another Russell Wilson, by the way ....my point is that a number of current great QBs started out with very modest passing numbers, and developed.  Either Josh will develop, or he won't.  We can just wait and see, but throwing out arbitrary benchmarks that aren't correlated to winning is not particularly useful.

Yep.  Second season.

I totally got your point.  In fact, most great QBs did not start out of the gate as "great" QBs.  And many who have, never lived up to that early success.

I am absolutely pleased with Allen's growth thus far.