As a die hard Wyoming fan why the negativity towards Josh?

The Virginian

Back during the pre-draft process in 2018, I was intrigued by Allen's positive traits: size, athleticism, arm strength, intelligence, and attitude.  When he was drafted, I accepted that there was some risk given the fact that he was raw, and had an uneven college career at a sub-standard college program.  I never waste my time trying to make instant prognostications about what high draft picks are going to bust or star.  Nobody really knows.  When Buffalo drafted Allen, I took the approach that I would be hopeful until or unless it became clear he would ultimately be unsuccessful.  Fortunately, it looks like he's on track to be the franchise QB Buffalo has needed since the Kelly era.

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Usually is the case, but i cant find anything with the correct number font and doesnt seem authentic.  The only authentic looking ones are autographed 

Edited by May Day 10

I vividly recall what The Virginian wrote about Josh. I've loved the kid since he was the pick. I really have. It was on him to make me lose confidence in him, and nope, he hasn't ha ha. I really was thrilled to read what you had written about him, since all I knew is that he was among the four top QBs projected to go in the draft and the Bills picked him. He was, he is, the Bills QB. Why as a Bills fan some feel the need to vomit all over him boggles the mind.

Has he been perfect? Was I always convinced he'd be elite and at last the Bills franchise QB? Of course not! But there is a huge difference between having doubts, legit concerns, valid criticism, and the so-called Bills fans wanting him to fail to be 'proved right about a bad pick'!!!  

Much like the team itself. The only player in a top ten category statistically is Smoke (I guess you can include Tre with Ints too).  This is a team that wins as a team. Just a joy to watch. I love the little things, like Smoke's pancake block on Josh's run. 

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am coming around to thinking that 300+ yards metric is like shots on goal in hockey.

Unless everything is going in and you're killing it... 300 yards is like peppering the goalie with bad shots... Too many shots/attempts, when you should be passing the puck off. Same in football. +300 is unbalanced attack, unless everything is going in... BUT, BY then a lead is bought and you should be running time off clock.

How many big games did Marino have but was grossly inefficient and couldn't win big game.  Hate to quote Tommy HomoBoy...But he's right: "What you hope all drives end with is a score or a punt.  That's it. Then you'll be alright."

300 yards is either a heavy heavy pass attack (See chiefs), playing from behind (Dak yesterday) or a shootout, and we don't really play shootouts. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

300 yards is either a heavy heavy pass attack (See chiefs), playing from behind (Dak yesterday) or a shootout, and we don't really play shootouts. 

The "Chefs" really have a great record this year.  Good for really the first year.  See Dan Marino. Sure great.  Won nothing except an early AFC Championship.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to As a die hard Wyoming fan why the negativity towards Josh?
18 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Some people confuse fantasy football stats with winning football games in the NFL.  

JA is awesome.

I've read on this board that EJ had better stats his rookie year than Josh did.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

haters gotta hate  People are too busy trying to stick with the pre draft narrative  He's been great and knock on wood will continue to improve

This exactly.  So many people went so far overboard negative on draft day, some ridiculously so - based on what the prevailing narrative was - they had to stick to their story or they thought they would look foolish (which they do).  In some cases they were rooting for Josh to fail so they wouldn't look so stupid (which they do), rather than root for his success and the success of the team.

19 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I'm perplexed by the negativity directed at Josh Allen by some so-called Buffalo fans.  What don't you like about being 9-3?  Back when he was drafted, several members of Poke Nation, me included, came on here to assure you that you were getting a guy that would be totally dedicated to the team, the city, and it's fans.  Stats, schmatz.  He's the face of the franchise and a winner.  What more do you need?

I was really excited about the Josh Allen pick from day one but for personal reasons......his families farm is right down the street from what used to be my grandfathers (now passed) dairy.....I knew from day one that Josh Allen knew the meaning of work.....you cant NOT know the meaning of work and grow up on a farm.

Then.....as young tot I grew up in Wyoming in a tiny town called "Kemmerer" the funning thing is I would have dreams of actually being able to play footballl for the University of Wyoming (never materialized....personal stuff caused me to move around a ton)

Josh Allen is VERY easy to root for.

I admit I wanted Darnold pre-draft. BUT, as soon as Josh was drafted he was “OUR GUY”. I’m behind our guys, and I was cautiously hopeful. Then cautiously optimistic. Now I’m fully optimistic and I just want to keep seeing general progress, and he’s certainly done that to date. This was posted elsewhere, but it worth repeating because it says it all: 

Josh Allen Stats@JoshAllenStats

Today was Josh Allen's 24th NFL game:

First 8: 52.88 cmp%, 1223 yards, 9 total TD (pass/rush), 7 INT

Next 8: 56.54%, 1754 yards, 15 total TD, 11 INT

Last 8 (since NE game this year):
62.1%, 1688 yards, 18 total TD, 2 INT

You want growth, you got it.

P.S. - I’m re-watching the game and I have to wonder why it’s OK to hit Josh Allen when he slides. That is ALWAYS a penalty when we do it! 

• Like (+1) 3