As a die hard Wyoming fan why the negativity towards Josh?

The Virginian

2 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Of course there is no criticism today, he played to your expectations and played like all of us that watched him for 3 years at Wyoming played. Given the stat that the last QB to win this many games at this point in the season was forever ago, I would think that the trolls and haters would be long gone by now.....

He had his best game of his career today. 

3 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I'm perplexed by the negativity directed at Josh Allen by some so-called Buffalo fans.  What don't you like about being 9-3?  Back when he was drafted, several members of Poke Nation, me included, came on here to assure you that you were getting a guy that would be totally dedicated to the team, the city, and it's fans.  Stats, schmatz.  He's the face of the franchise and a winner.  What more do you need?

The majority of us love him, and did so quickly after the draft, and even before his first preseason game.

He is clearly athletic, smart, centered, and motivated to succeed. The talk about stats ignored the most important one which is W-L in the lineup vs out of the lineup. Even as a rough prospect at Wyoming he was a winner. Even his interceptions were mainly taking risks correctly when his team was losing.

The disappointed are always the most vocal. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's because a certain segment of Buffalo sports fans like being miserable and always want to say they told us so.

Truth.

For some I think the negativity is just where they feel most comfortable - they kind of have that vulture vibe. For others they cant bring themselves to dare hope, to feel good after a win because it will mean a longer fall the next time the team stumbles. For those I would say that life is too damn short to ignore celebrating the wins just so you can keep sandbagging your fragile feelings against the next loss. That truth can apply to more than the game of football.

Live it up Bills fans - your Bills are 9-3 winners, and they did it on a national stage. It is ok to feel very good about your team - you deserve it.

5 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I'm perplexed by the negativity directed at Josh Allen by some so-called Buffalo fans.  What don't you like about being 9-3?  Back when he was drafted, several members of Poke Nation, me included, came on here to assure you that you were getting a guy that would be totally dedicated to the team, the city, and it's fans.  Stats, schmatz.  He's the face of the franchise and a winner.  What more do you need?

I've been on board since the draft. The problem with most bills fans is we have been so bad for so long they dont want to be let down again so they are afraid to get attached and are looking at all the bad so they can feel better about themselves.

The only problem is they are going to have to get on board because its only getting better!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Virginian said:

9-3 is pretty great. Have there been more than a very few examples of negativity since they reached that record? There are always a few trolls and a few nuts but these last three games he has looked very nice indeed, and Bills fans are aware of it.

Most posts that might get called negative aren't so much negative about Allen as they are negative about the nuts who feel he's already clearly better than Brady and Brees and the rest, the people who don't feel happy unless they're being wildly, unrealistically and loudly overoptimistic.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I was in the camp that we should draft Josh Rosen.  Boy was I wrong!

I have been a Josh Allen fan after the initial reaction To the Bills not drafting Rosen.

Allen is a high character guy, a leader of men, hard working, and does not consider loosing an option.

We have found our quarterback for now and the future.

Thank you for coming on this board and giving us your insights.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

all those years of futility broke a lot of people  Easier to wait for the inevitable collapse because it always came  Much more enjoyable to just be in the moment  I'm savoring each game

Those people mentally and emotionally weak.

5 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Exactomundo. People who judge "busts" based on early performances say more about themselves than anyone else. 

Lol owning Joe unintentionally.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's because a certain segment of Buffalo sports fans like being miserable and always want to say they told us so.

No one is miserable today with Josh Allen. Nobody.

6 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Did he beat the dead horse of "Josh as bust" nonstop on the board for months? 

Funny he'd be here in this thread judging people so harshly. The beam in his own eye. 

No. He's referring to my dislike of the Oliver pick. Which I've already repented for.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No. He's referring to my dislike of the Oliver pick. Which I've already repented for.

But you're in this Allen thread calling early judgers "mentally and emotionally weak?" 

Be careful of the blowing wind!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sundancer said:

But you're in this Allen thread calling early judgers "mentally and emotionally weak?" 

Be careful of the blowing wind!

The people who are constantly "concerned" and afraid of teams like the broncos are indeed mentally and emotionally weak.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, The Virginian said:

Is this Ice Bowl's little brother?   #supercute

13 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

There has been zero Josh Allen negativity on this board today. This post is a bad fake news flex.

I wasn't just referring to this day, but the negativity that has been swirling on this forum since day one.  I predict that JA will be the QB that finally brings the Lobardi Trophy to Buffalo.  On that day the negativity should cease, hopefully.

3 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

I wasn't just referring to this day, but the negativity that has been swirling on this forum since day one.  I predict that JA will be the QB that finally brings the Lobardi Trophy to Buffalo.  On that day the negativity should cease, hopefully.

Well this day was the only day we were 9-3, so your OP doesn’t make that much sense then.

• Like (+1) 1