Folks we are for real

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

The Ravens are a better team but this was a great win. 

It shows me that in a pressure playoff like game Allen has it, to me that really matters. 

The maturity of Allen from the NE game to today is mind boggling. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, ganesh said:

The maturity of Allen from the NE game to today is mind boggling. 

Or, from the 1st quarter to the 4th today. Just keep making progress! It’s all I ask. 

Thrilled the ankle seems to be OK. 

• Like (+1) 1

While I'm certainly disappointed the Bills lost today... It's weird. I'm not really mad. I've had plenty of Bills losses in my lifetime. I was mad after we lost to NE, mainly because I hate the Cheaters so bad. I was mad when we got beat by Philly just because our run defense was so bad. I was mad after the Cleveland game because Hauschka single-handedly lost the game. 

But I'm not mad after this one. We gave the (and this isn't even arguable) best team in the National Football League all they could handle. I don't even really feel like we necessarily played bad. Baltimore just played slightly better. Could we have played better? Certainly. Josh's receivers didn't help him. Drops by Knox, Beasley, and Singletary, had those been completions, could have changed the game. Knox's big one on 3rd down would have been a first, and who knows? Maybe we score a TD instead of a FG. Who knows. 

All in all, as the OP stated (although the thread wasn't necessarily started today) this team IS for real. Even in a loss, they showed that they belong in the conversation with teams like Baltimore and NE. This Ravens team has been literally BLOWING TEAMS OUT including the defending NFC Champs, and our boys played them tough, and had a shot in the red zone to send it to OT. At this point, I believe we just have to win one game to clinch the playoffs, and hopefully we'll see these guys again!

• Thank you (+1) 2

Here’s the thing...

People can say we’re for real or we’re one year away. Problem is the NFL is a year to year league and so many little intangibles determine whether you make the playoffs or not. Unless you’re the Pats of course. 

The Bills schedule is going to be NUTS next year and who knows what will happen injury wise. If the Bills have a chance to win it all this year they have to seize the opportunity. 

The “championship window” saying is such a myth. I live in ATL and I heard the same crap when the Falcons lost to NE in the super bowl. Everyone was like, “it’s okay we still have our window.” Now look at them. They’re about to fire their coach two years later. 

Not to mention... as the Bills continue forward they're going to have to shell out some big money for their top players. That cap space will quickly disappear. Part of the reason there is no “championship window” is because of this. The Pats are an anomaly because Brady has willingly

taken less money because he has a billionaire model wife and he wants to surround the team with more talent with the money he sacrifices. 

Bottom line is the Bills HAVE to capitalize now. There is no, “there’s always next year,” in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Here’s the thing...

People can say we’re for real or we’re one year away. Problem is the NFL is a year to year league and so many little intangibles determine whether you make the playoffs or not. Unless you’re the Pats of course. 

The Bills schedule is going to be NUTS next year and who knows what will happen injury wise. If the Bills have a chance to win it all this year they have to seize the opportunity. 

The “championship window” saying is such a myth. I live in ATL and I heard the same crap when the Falcons lost to NE in the super bowl. Everyone was like, “it’s okay we still have our window.” Now look at them. They’re about to fire their coach two years later. 

Not to mention... as the Bills continue forward they're going to have to shell out some big money for their top players. That cap space will quickly disappear. Part of the reason there is no “championship window” is because of this. The Pats are an anomaly because Brady has willingly

taken less money because he has a billionaire model wife and he wants to surround the team with more talent with the money he sacrifices. 

Bottom line is the Bills HAVE to capitalize now. There is no, “there’s always next year,” in the NFL. 

Nobody is conceding the season

but

It cannot be ignored that we just went through a major rebiuld and the biulding blocks of this team are very young....one of them extremely raw...and that we have def needs on our offense.

While the schedule gets tougher....the players on the bills get more time in the NFL, time in the system, and pieces added to the team that are needed

I dont want to waste a Super Bowl caliber defense anymore then anyone else does while the offense figures it out...but here we sit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1