New kicker

Joaquin1119

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Can we please stop with the whole let's get a new kicker in-season thing...

... Vinatieri is struggling at his range as well as accuracy....Hauschka is still an above avg kicker, believe it or not, that's hit big kicks in big games; in cold weather and in domes for his career. He still has distance for up to 55 yards.

Give the guy a break

24-hour rule 

He is not going anywhere this year.

I would bring in some serious competition for next year's camp.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

He is not going anywhere this year.

I would bring in some serious competition for next year's camp.

I’m pretty sure Haushka’s a captain, too.  And he’s used to kicking in the Buffalo elements.  He’s not going anywhere this year.  

• Like (+1) 4

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He's 34 and hit the wall.  It happens to kickers too. 

The Bills need to "GM aggressive" too and sign someone during this ten day break.

Ever since the cheap shop injury from the Jets last year he has not been the same!  It's a bummer but we resigned him to an extension so I don't think he's getting cut unless he keeps missing. 

I think the Bills end up keeping Haushka unless he misses another "gimme" FG the rest of the way. There are no guaranteed better kickers out there right now. Haushka did make a longish FG against the Cowgirls after all. And Haushka is familiar with kicking in the wind conditions at New Era Field.

This is a really simple fix.  Draft a kicker in the late rounds of the draft and let him compete for the job.

I never understand teams that refuse to spend late round draft capital on kickers and end up going the UDFA or cuts route.  Kickers don't get cut or go unsigned as free agents from other teams if they are reliable.

You can get a really good kicker in the late rounds of the draft, which is much more difficult for nearly every other position on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

All the kicking seems down this year. Hopefully our bad kicking balances out. Realistically, we should win 2 out of 4 and be the 5th seed. Its jus so freaking good not to be 6 and 6 right now like we seem to be every other year, hoping 9 and 7 might get us in on tie breaks.