New kicker

Joaquin1119

Should the Bills trade for Maher?

Given what Beane has been able to do so far, do you really believe he wouldn't make a move if there was a better option available?  I have to believe this is Hauschka's last year in Buffalo. And he's been very good through most of his career.  But I agree it is probably over. Still you don't dump him until you have someone you know can be more reliable. 

It's been a brutal year for kickers in the NFL

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hurricane said:

Who is available?

this is the question.  Other teams are also having kicker issues.  

Perhaps the Falcons can trade us their kicker for a 2021 7th.  

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Looks like the Cowboys may be looking too lol. Don't get how they both had such a tough time inside like that. Wow

I have never seen a kicking game so bad.  And it was inside.  Has to be the worst dome kicking game in NFL history. 

6 hours ago, Joaquin1119 said:

Once the nfl season is over with. It’s time to look for a new kicker

yeah it sucks but we need an upgrade.

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Once the season is over??   You really want to see this guy attempting a FG in the playoffs for Buffalo???

Who is out there that is better? We are stuck at the moment and have to pray he doesn't cost us.

36 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Maybe Haush will rebound like Mason Crosby did. Had a horrendous year several seasons ago and is back to normal.....

But if someone is available that is an obvious upgrade, do it! I'm just not convinced that guy is out there.

he was hurt. he should recover

11 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Hauschka is playing himself out of a job

Hauschka will be fine, he purposely used the goal post on a bank shot. Not many kickers can do this

Image result for pool bank shot gif
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I get it but there are not great options out there.   You know he is capable but is in a slump.  I think your best bet this year is work with him and encourage him.   

He isnt in a slump he has consistently gotten worse every year since we got him. First year he was great... 2nd year he was ok ( i would say he was in a slump) 3rd year he is horrendous... even his makes doesnt look good. Im not just talking about yhe doink yesterday... his 50 yarder he made in miami... that was a wobbler. Looked like it could go either direction  and he was close to coming up short. I know there isnt good options available but we need to atleast bring guys in for a workout cause the longer Hauschka  is staying on the team the worse he is getting. Age is catching up with him fast

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He isnt in a slump he has consistently gotten worse every year since we got him. First year he was great... 2nd year he was ok ( i would say he was in a slump) 3rd year he is horrendous... even his makes doesnt look good. Im not just talking about yhe doink yesterday... his 50 yarder he made in miami... that was a wobbler. Looked like it could go either direction  and he was close to coming up short. I know there isnt good options available but we need to atleast bring guys in for a workout cause the longer Hauschka  is staying on the team the worse he is getting. Age is catching up with him fast

His problem is age?

This has been a terrible season for kickers. If you've been watching, Hauschka is not the worst option and I feel certain that there's no one bagging groceries who will be better. 

Next season bring in some competition and see if he gets back his focus. I believe in the guy but I also see him struggling. I would not be surprised if he gets his mojo back for next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Can some on explain why extra points are positioned on a hash versus center of the field????  Seems like when kick was from the 3 it was center of field

Teams get to choose where they put the ball.  It can be anywhere between the two hashes.

Teams will pick and hash bc the kicker feels it's easier.