Romo broadcast today's game

GoBills!

14 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

To much Cowboys smaltz on the broadcast for me.  Emmitt who?  Call the game and stop interviewing a guy who retired 15 years ago.  I don't care if you are goomba's.....

Presumably that's not Nantz/Romo's decision.  Smith was embarrassing, they were trying to get him out of there as quickly as possible.

Romo was complimentary to Josh and the Bills and is a fair color analyst but you could hear the pain in his voice and hesitance to give them too much credit beyond playing an efficient game in all facets of the game.

He was honestly pretty quiet in the second half. 

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Presumably that's not Nantz/Romo's decision.  Smith was embarrassing, they were trying to get him out of there as quickly as possible.

The laughing after a Hauschka missed FG was unprofessional and rude imo

• Like (+1) 1

I felt like Nantz, Romo, CBS and the rest of the football media people were playing catch up yesterday. The Bills threw their usually narrative a curve. Romo was the best at recovering, some of these other dudes were trying to recover from not knowing, watching, and creating the trash narrative of the Bills. He at least knew something real about Josh. It wasn't the usual lazy BS.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Romo is usually always good but not yesterday

He actually got happy when Hausch missed his kick ... He is there to be an analyst not a fan

Sure he said Josh was good but he had the cowboys ding a ling in his mouth the whole time

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Romo is usually always good but not yesterday

He actually got happy when Hausch missed his kick ... He is there to be an analyst not a fan

Sure he said Josh was good but he had the cowboys ding a ling in his mouth the whole time

That was Emmitt

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He was great imo.  As an Ex-Dallas player, I expect him to still have an allegiance.  

As stated the narrative regardless in JJ & Garrett.....

Oh & let's also not forget that Dallas marched the ball up & down the field much of the game & continually imploded too.

....kind of awkward for him being the color guy for the 'Girls, a staple on Thanksgiving, with him being a former 'Girl himself.....think he acquitted himself well.....Chuckie was getting $6.5 mil/yr for MNF and Tony is up for contract renewal, looking for $10 mil/yr.......somebody will pay it...the guy knows his stuff and comes prepared.....

I think Nance had his worst day yesterday. He was woefully unprepared and didn’t even know the Bills players names. That’s announcing 101. He was just horrible. Romo on the other hand, was very good as usual. He may have been a little shell-shocked at times, because after all, who expected the Bills to dominate? That said, he had his usual excellent analysis.

The Emmitt segment spoiled the broadcast during that whole time. It was Emmitt who spoke the “say it isn’t so” comment after the Star interception and he also cheered the field goal miss. Again announcing 101 says never let the guest contribute to the play-by-play. They are only there for the human interest part of the broadcast. The producer should have made that abundantly clear afterward, if they failed to do so before the game.

So, the broadcast indeed was not good overall. However, the least experienced member of the team, Romo, was the only one who did a good job. At the end of the day, I’d say shame on CBS for the quality of the broadcast and kudos to Romo for his singularly professional behavior.

Edited by clayboy54

18 hours ago, ganesh said:

Today they were god awful.  I think it had something to do with the Bills winning and the Cowboys losing.  They were completely unprepared for this game at least from the Bills side.

I agree w/this. The national perception of the Bills was on full display throughout the pregame, broadcast, postgame, and actually still extending into today's analysis. People just weren't prepared for a superior Buffalo taking care of business against the favorite Cowboys and they were playing catch up the whole game. That was one of the surreal aspects for me...as the Bills kept proving themselves throughout those 60 mins it was like Romo/Nantz were the league in microcosm having to deal w/the Bills putting a beatdown on national TV against a heavy favorite. To be fair I had a few by halftime and was barely coherent. 

Just now, clayboy54 said:

I think Nance had his worst day yesterday. He was woefully unprepared and didn’t even know the Bills players names. That’s announcing 101. He was just horrible. Room on the other hand, was very good as usual. He may have been a little shell-shocked at times, because after all, who expected the Bills to dominate? That said, he had his usual excellent analysis.

The Emmitt segment spoiled the broadcast during that whole time. It was Emmitt who spoke the “say it isn’t so” comment after the Star interception and he also cheered the field goal miss. Again announcing 101 says never let the guest contribute to the play-by-play. They are only there for the human interest part of the broadcast. The producer should have made that abundantly clear afterward, if they failed to do so before the game.

So, the broadcast indeed was not good overall. However, the least experienced member of the team, Romo, was the only one who did a good job. At the end of the day, I’d say shame on CBS for the quality of the broadcast and kudos to Romo for his singularly professional behavior.

....the reminder message was 'Girls vs Bills in SB, the 52-17 thrashing.....that was to be their lead in for another thrashing for the ..."8-3 ain't played anybody and have a weak schedule Bills"......LOL...justice served.......

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

My favorite Ro-ment was when Dak threw the pick to Lotulelei.

Under his breath, almost whispering, he says, "Oh no. Say it isn't so."

That's kind of what I like about him.  I remember him screaming "he's open" when Tyrod threw the ball away and was the only network color commentator who clearly showed Tyrod's shortcomings. 

I rewatched the game with the commentary and he gave the Bills their fair share of praise.  He also made a good point in the last ten minutes or so that these regular season national TV wins feel better than they actually are and losses feel worse than they actually are.  He's played in a lot of Thanksgiving games so he's well aware of the emotions that follow.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:21 AM, mjd1001 said:

The game I was listening to, I heard Romo say positive things...mostly about McDermott and Allen, over and over as the game went on.  A LOT.

Yet you pick out one thing to characterize the entire broadcast by?  I know some fans are homers, but give me a break.

Ok Mrs. Romo.