Romo broadcast today's game

GoBills!

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Romo was OK.  Nantz especially at the start was clearly rooting for Dallas.  "Say it's not so!" on the Star pick of Dak.  "Yea!  They missed!" on a Haushka missed FG.

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

i thought that was emmitt smith on the kick  No matter still better than drunk Rich Gannon or angry Dan Fouts of Pats ball chugger Collinsworth

Correct, that was Emmitt that was saying "Yea" not Nantz.

Whenever Steve Tasker broadcast a Bills game, everyone would always complain about how negative he was towards the Bills.  Would be interesting to hear Cowboy fan's take on todays broadcast if they saw Romo as so pro Dallas or will they be complaining about how pro Buffalo he was.  Or even when Tasker was being portrayed as negative, did fans of the other team agree?

My point being fans or a respective team are not the most un biased on their perception of these types of things.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I thought things were pretty good with the broadcast....even Romo was going pretty heavy on praise for Allen and McDermott as the game went on toward the end.

At the end of the game as the Bills we’re completing their curbstomping, Romo was listing his contenders. Got to about five or six teams when Nantz brought up Buffalo. Romo: “Yeah, if they keep winning people might have to start paying attention to them”

Wow - the praise is OVERWHELMING. ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

At the end of the game as the Bills we’re completing their curbstomping, Romo was listing his contenders. Got to about five or six teams when Nantz brought up Buffalo. Romo: “Yeah, if they keep winning people might have to start paying attention to them”

Wow - the praise is OVERWHELMING. ?

The game I was listening to, I heard Romo say positive things...mostly about McDermott and Allen, over and over as the game went on.  A LOT.

Yet you pick out one thing to characterize the entire broadcast by?  I know some fans are homers, but give me a break.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

The game I was listening to, I heard Romo say positive things...mostly about McDermott and Allen, over and over as the game went on.  A LOT.

Yet you pick out one thing to characterize the entire broadcast by?  I know some fans are homers, but give me a break.

The people complaining about romo are absurd, he was nothing but complimentary of buffalo basically the entire broadcast 

2 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

The people complaining about romo are absurd, he was nothing but complimentary of buffalo basically the entire broadcast 

pretty much.  And even if he WAS a bit of a Dallas homer, I can forgive it because... well... he played for Dallas his entire career!

• Like (+1) 3

I wasn't as impressed with Romo yesterday as I have been in the past. However, he did come out with enough praise for the Bills and Allen/McDermott, for me to feel he was trying to be even handed. The comment after Allen got the 1st down on the 4th and 1 was priceless - 'He just out aggressived the whole D-Line!'

Part of the difficulty for him, was that there's this whole undercurrent about Garrett and Jones, and he's having to tread a fine line with that whole thing, while still trying to come up with something of interest to say about it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

pretty much.  And even if he WAS a bit of a Dallas homer, I can forgive it because... well... he played for Dallas his entire career!

He played his entire career at dallas and knows alot of those guys personally, is it really that odd he likes to see them do well.

I'm sure he hoped Dallas would win but his commentary was fine and balanced. I think its crazy we have people saying they had to mute their TV

29 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I did remember Romo saying- this balls going to Beasley over the middle... And it ended up being a swing pass to singletery for like 10 and the first. Nice try Romo

Was an educated guess, I think everyone believed Beasley would be the target on that play.... safe to say no other analyst would have predicted Singletary on that play either, romo was a ten year plus QB who was very good, he doesn't need to defend himself here or anywhere 

15 hours ago, ganesh said:

Today they were god awful.  I think it had something to do with the Bills winning and the Cowboys losing.  They were completely unprepared for this game at least from the Bills side.

I agree completely with this. 

First, this was a BIG game for both teams.  It should have had a playoff atmosphere to it, and Nantz and Romo were completely matter of fact.  They did nothing to make the broadcast dramatic.  If it had been the Patriots getting a field goal and touchdown to open the third quarter, they would have been raving about Brady and the Pats, and they would have making a big deal about how the Cowboys were fighting to come back.   

All they could say by the end was "I guess the Bills are for real."  They completely missed the opportunity to make the broadcast interesting, and almost completely missed the opportunity to showcase the Bills.  They didn't know, or didn't care to mention, how great Milano is, for example.  They didn't showcase the Bills players at all as the Bills took control of the game.

Everyone in my house was groggy from that big dinner, and it sounded like Nantz and Romo were sitting on the sofa with us, half paying attention to the game. 

• Like (+1) 3