Smart hubs & smart speakers

LabattBlue

The privacy thing bugs me a bit but I’ve also come to terms that short of becoming the Unabomber (you know, minus the bombs) That my phone, car, tv, computer etc... all have the same capabilities for govt or other spying.

i don’t like it but its happening so I may as well take the up side 

My wife got some 52” workout mirror for Christmas. It mounts on the wall in her office/den and she can workout at any time. (Her schedule doesn’t allow regular sessions.) It will have someone appear in the mirror and do any recorded workout you want: yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, etc. At certain times you can also do live one on one sessions with someone who can watch your every move by way of a camera up top. There is something you can slide over it to block the camera, but I think I will go in that room a little less frequently......

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife got some 52” workout mirror for Christmas. It mounts on the wall in her office/den and she can workout at any time. (Her schedule doesn’t allow regular sessions.) It will have someone appear in the mirror and do any recorded workout you want: yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, etc. At certain times you can also do live one on one sessions with someone who can watch your every move by way of a camera up top. There is something you can slide over it to block the camera, but I think I will go in that room a little less frequently......

Or, strut around in the nude doing a few yoga poses and they will never want to tune in to your camera again......

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Or, strut around in the nude doing a few yoga poses and they will never want to tune in to your camera again......

I’m afraid that might break the mirror! All that bad luck.....

I’ve had one (alexa) for about a year. It’s mostly just a music thing for me, but right after the time change this year I caved and bought one smart plug. I have a light on a timer downstairs and the plug is behind a bulky piece of furniture. I got sick of having to move that thing and possibly scratch the floor a couple times a year and got the plug. I’m not going to use voice commands to turn it on, but being able to change the timer on my phone is a hell of a lot easier than dealing with the mystery time windows that come with those old crappy mechanics timers.