Thanksgiving Day QB's in Bill's History

Stallions

23 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Gary Marangi.  I only know that bc I remember reading that OJ’s 275 yd game was also one of the worst QB performances in NFL history.  Or at least the last 50 yeaes. Something like 25 yards passing.

Gary went 4 for 21 passing with an interception for 29 total yards.  Unbelievable but true.  OJ had 273 yards. 

I remember watching the Detroit game 25 years ago in a back bedroom of the house full of people that didn't care about football.   We were still really good back then and i had thought you only get to play a Thanksgiving game if you're a marquee team.  Which we were then.   But we're not now.  And we were even less so when this game was scheduled.  So how do they determine who plays against Detroit or Dallas?

29 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

I remember watching the Detroit game 25 years ago in a back bedroom of the house full of people that didn't care about football.   We were still really good back then and i had thought you only get to play a Thanksgiving game if you're a marquee team.  Which we were then.   But we're not now.  And we were even less so when this game was scheduled.  So how do they determine who plays against Detroit or Dallas?

after today, they very well could be on their way to be a marquee team. so when scheduled they may of seen potential. either way, it's going to be real nice to see the bills on thanksgiving after 25 years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

I think today’s matchup has something to do with the 100 years of the league. It was a chance to put a different team against the Cowboys, give the Bills one guaranteed prime time game, and show two Super Bowl Matchups.  

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think today’s matchup has something to do with the 100 years of the league. It was a chance to put a different team against the Cowboys, give the Bills one guaranteed prime time game, and show two Super Bowl Matchups.  

Yes. I believe it was because of the Bills vs Cowboys superbowl matchups.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes. I believe it was because of the Bills vs Cowboys superbowl matchups.

Actually, I think it was part of an idea to honor one of the four original 1920 NFL cities. Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland are the others. Not sure why Cleveland isn't playing tonight instead of the Saints-Falcons...maybe something related to both the TV contract and the schedule algorithm limitations?

Buffalo pro football actually has a tradition of playing on Thanksgiving. The 1920's All-Americans did so a few times, as well as the brief WW2 AFL franchise, the AAFC Bills of the late 40's, and our well-known AFL Bills throughout the 60's.

2 hours ago, KayAdams said:

Actually, I think it was part of an idea to honor one of the four original 1920 NFL cities. Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland are the others. Not sure why Cleveland isn't playing tonight instead of the Saints-Falcons...maybe something related to both the TV contract and the schedule algorithm limitations?

Buffalo pro football actually has a tradition of playing on Thanksgiving. The 1920's All-Americans did so a few times, as well as the brief WW2 AFL franchise, the AAFC Bills of the late 40's, and our well-known AFL Bills throughout the 60's.

Kay, our children with be smart and beautiful.