Thanksgiving: Bills at Dallas, 4:30 ET on CBS Pregame Thread

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This is going to be a tough one for me. I just had to put my dog of 10 years down last night. My buddy always watches the game with me and barks and cheers right along with me. 

go Bills! Get this victory. 

Scott - sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy.  I've been through the same a few times and it sucks every time.  If you're not familiar with the Rainbow Bridge poem, check it out.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

How do you know I haven't already?

You were basting the turkey? ;) 

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What I do with the baster is my own business ? 

You beat me to it

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

My best thanksgiving story, and it was night before Bills last played on TG. 

went out for dinner night before Thanksgiving in DC neighborhood where I lived, wife and I only people in the joint and we are at the bar. In walk Tim Russertand his wife, and they settle in at other end of bar. I want to go up and introduce myself, wife insists I let them be and have their drink in peace. So I make a deal with her , I wore a Niagara University pull over to the place, and I tell her I am going to put it in and if he says something fine, if not I will not disturb in. 

I get the thing halfway over my head and he booms” hey, did you go to Niagara? And away we went. He bought was around and Tim and I talking about Bills and the still nascent DTV dish I had for 20 minutes, wives talking poop on our obsession with Buffalo and the Bills. 

He was the guy you thought it was, at least for those twenty minutes. Just a dude who wanted to talk about the Bills and the game the next day and have a beer!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Distorted One said:

Seems like all the "experts" are picking the 'boys over our Bills.  Only a small sampling but I can't seem to find anyone with faith in our crew.  I love that!   This one may come down to who has better coaching.  We know which team that is and they aren't located in Texas.

Not true...ESPN GetUp crew all went Bills (Greenberg, Woody and Acho).

And ESPN are showing the game live in Australia - Wooohooooooo!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Game day morning really laying it on thick with the favoritism toward the boys. 

Surprised? It's all Jason Garret, all the time.

Over/under how many times they show Jones during the game?

2 minutes ago, dhg said:

Surprised? It's all Jason Garret, all the time.

Over/under how many times they show Jones during the game?

Not even Garrett. The hurry up offense segment was, is dak, zeke, cowboys going to do x today. I've had it on for almost an hour now and haven't heard a word about a single bills player. 

I'll start the line at 13.

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This is going to be a tough one for me. I just had to put my dog of 10 years down last night. My buddy always watches the game with me and barks and cheers right along with me. 

go Bills! Get this victory. 

I’m so sorry, Scott.  That really sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am worried that the same way the the Eagles and Browns were maligned, desperate, and had their backs against the wall and came out with great intensity, the same thing will happen here.

Best case would have been for Cowboys to beat the Patriots and then come in over confident

My prediction: Cowboys 31 - Bills 16.  (hope I am wrong)

Happy T-giving to all!

Happy Thanksgiving to ye all out there in the US from Belgium, where it is just another working Thursday...

Funny how one’s mood can change in a few days.  Before Sunday’s Broncos game, I thought to myself, win this one, go 8-3 and then on Thursday you can enjoy a stress-free game.  After all, the situation now is most probably win 2 more and you’re in, and of the 5 remaining games the least important one is Dallas since it’s an NFC opponent.  Low and behold, there is obviously a lot more media attention for this Thanksgiving game and watching all of that in recent days, seeing how it is all about the Cowboys and Jerry “J.R.” Jones and the whole “mweh” attitude towards the Bills’ chances, I am now getting so pumped up that I hope we thrash those damned Cowboys.

On a totally unrelated note, this will be a next step in my 30-odd years of fan experience as a Belgian Bills fan, which reads a bit like a history of technology, going like this:

-        Buying a foreign (British) Monday newspaper hoping to find the results

-        Staring at monochrome update texts on my commodore through a crackly ISDN line

-        Listening to Van Miller and John Murphy on Bills radio network through the internet

-        Doing that simultaneously with slightly improved  play-by-play graphics on a PC, with varying levels of delay

-        Play-by-play updates on NFL.com

-        Watching all games live on NFL Gamepass

Now tonight, for the first time ever, I will watch the Bills on a sports channel on my TV with commentary in my mother tongue. Wonder what that’ll give….

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Just now, ticketssince61 said:

I am worried that the same way the the Eagles and Browns were maligned, desperate, and had their backs against the wall and came out with great intensity, the same thing will happen here.

Best case would have been for Cowboys to beat the Patriots and then come in over confident

My prediction: Cowboys 31 - Bills 16.  (hope I am wrong)

Happy T-giving to all!

The Eagles game is the one bad game we’ve played all year.  It happens. 

The Browns were a 50/50 game, we came up short with a couple missed field goals, and it seems like that game has been the catalyst to become more aggressive on both sides of the ball.  

I get the worry given our two non-Patriots losses were to teams in similar turmoil, but I’m not sure it really applies.  I’m more interested in seeing if this team is capable of embracing the bright lights and showing out.