Eight players miss Patriots practice with an illness

It’s a good day for face masks and hand sanitizer in New England.

The Patriots were missing eight players from Wednesday’s practice due to illness. Right tackle Marcus Cannon landed on the injury report as a limited participant for the same reason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/27/eight-players-miss-patriots-practice-with-an-illness/

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So the Cowboys gave them some germs.  Nice. 

(cowboys had ill players if I’m not mistaken) 

You’re right, several Cowboys had the flu a week ago. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/11/23/sick-again-bug-hits-cowboys-defense-hard-complicating-preparations-for-the-patriots-offense/

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Bills had better be taking the Vit C

I don't think Vitamin C will do it.  Team docs better stock up on Tamiflu Rapivab and Relenza.  They might not help much, but they do help.

Note to Beasley: don't fraternize, and if you do fraternize, scrub your hands.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I hope it's Ebola.  

No.  No, you don't.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, arcane said:

This is probably going to happen to us then. Some of these viruses can keep people contageous weeks after the symptoms go away. Good thing we have the extra rest after the game.

Flu is contagious from 1 day before symptoms emerge until about 5-7 days after the start of the illness.

Not saying there isn't one, but unaware of a virus common in US that can "keep people contageous weeks after the symptoms go away".  Would like to know.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Flu is contagious from 1 day before symptoms emerge until about 5-7 days after the start of the illness.

Not saying there isn't one, but unaware of a virus common in US that can "keep people contageous weeks after the symptoms go away".  Would like to know.

this comes from me being skeptical that it's the influenza virus (as i elaborated on in the Game thread). 

I'm pretty sure Dallas has norovirus or some other form of gastroenteritis. That stuff can be passed on weeks after symptoms alleviate through body fluids. All it takes is a couple of guys not washing their hands at the wrong time

I say that because these players would be missing more than just a couple days of practice if it was influenza. Influenza is what Bruce had all those years ago.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Fine.

I hope it's Lassa Fever. 

Kissing cousins with Dengue? Potato, Po...you get it. Either will work for what’s necessary in Foxboro! ;)

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

They are probably  just sick of winning all the time.

Brady’s bad attitude trickling down? One can only hope! 

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

It’s a good day for face masks and hand sanitizer in New England.

The Patriots were missing eight players from Wednesday’s practice due to illness. Right tackle Marcus Cannon landed on the injury report as a limited participant for the same reason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/27/eight-players-miss-patriots-practice-with-an-illness/

So my plan is working.