More proof the league is rigged for the Pats****

peterpan

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

What was the result of that 3rd and 7, supposed to be 6, play? Would be really f'd up if they gained 6 and moving that marker forced them to take the field goal. I don't remember..

2 yard pass to the NE 9.  So if the marker never moved they would have been a touch over 4 yards short.  Still messed up none the less.

1 minute ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I hate the Pats as much as anyone here, but making them win is bad for the NFL, no one outside New England wants to watch them win again, ratings would take another hit if the Pats are in the Super Bowl. They want an exciting game.

Unfortunately people still watch hoping to see the Pats lose.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

There is nothing altruistic about the NFL what so ever. 

That is all, 

Edited by Don Otreply

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

The league has always been “rigged” its is a privately owned organization, and a corporate monopoly, come on people, some billionaires have more sway than others, and the other billionaires  don’t care as long as the cash rolls in.

That some billionaires have more sway, sure, no doubt. But that the others don't care as long as money comes in? These dudes are competitive! They want to win, to bask in the glory. They already have boatloads of cash. No way they'd stand idles as they are robbed of the spotlight. Just think who gets to hoist the Superbowl trophy first...

Aren't there markers on both sides of the field, though?  Did they move both?  The chyron still said 3rd & 6, even after the marker was moved a yard.  The yellow line followed the marker, though.  So do we know this materially affected any call on the field, or is this akin to the stadium timekeeper messing with the unofficial and irrelevant game clock, which isn't impactful because the official time is ultimately kept on the field?

What is distressing about the above isn't that "the Cowboys had an yard added on a single drive."  It's "what if that play had come down to a measurement?"  That the marker can be move at all calls into question the validity of any first-down measurement performed.  Next time a QB is denied a first down on a sneak on 4th and inches, how are we supposed to trust that?

Enough. There is no fix by the refs. Great teams and great players get the benefit of the doubt. Let it go.  The league locked the refs out. The refs aren't doing any favors for anyone.

Now Goodell destroying the tapes is a different matter. That was BS. 

The Bills can beat them on the road. In fact they can beat them soundly if the team does not get overhyped. The Bills play like they have to be perfect to win. They don't. They just need to play with some composure.

I can tell some people here haven’t actually played football.

The official chain is on one side of the field, on the other side is a guy holding a marker and the chevron marker. He’s meant to look across the field and line it up to the official one. You can clearly see this isn’t the side with the official chain because look back 10 yards and there’s no other marker.

Clearly the official who’s meant to eye it up didn’t get it right but that doesn’t matter, it’s not the official one. It’s only there so if someone runs to that side they have a rough idea where they need to get to.

Sorry, no cheating to see here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I can tell some people here haven’t actually played football.

The official chain is on one side of the field, on the other side is a guy holding a marker and the chevron marker. He’s meant to look across the field and line it up to the official one. You can clearly see this isn’t the side with the official chain because look back 10 yards and there’s no other marker.

Clearly the official who’s meant to eye it up didn’t get it right but that doesn’t matter, it’s not the official one. It’s only there so if someone runs to that side they have a rough idea where they need to get to.

Sorry, no cheating to see here.

So then why was first down played 11 from the moved marker?

So, I went to NFL.com and looked at the game logs.  There was a deep pass just before this play and a 15 yard penalty tacked on to the end of the play.  There is actually a highlight of the play.  It looks to me as if the error was not in moving the marker but the initial placing of the ball after the penalty.  It appears they spotted the ball a yard short of where it was supposed to be.  They should have placed the ball at the 14 yard line and not the 15.  From the highlight, to me, it actually looks like he got stopped at the 28 not the 29 which to me the ball should have been at the 13... that however could just be the camera angle.  

Either way they got screwed by a yard from a mistake somewhere along the lines.  Don't think in this case "the fix was in" but just more incompetence. 

It is here:https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112409/2019/REG12/cowboys@patriots 

2nd qtr in the field goal portion that made it 6-10

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1