More proof the league is rigged for the Pats****

peterpan

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am laughing at all the people claiming it is just a misspotted ball. It was put down, the chains were set based on where ball was put down, and then between 1st and second down it was moved a yard further. Now I do not believe this is a conspiracy I think it is just more incompetence of NFL officials. I do not watch much NHL anymore but I think they are only decent officials left- at least I hope.

The confusion was mainly due to the video looking like it was put together by my 10 year old using video from the cold war era. But remember that whole game was a foggy, soggy mess on camera.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL is the WWE of the working man.  Has been for a few decades since the early 2000s. 

When you accept that that it gets easier.  I watch bills game hoping their scripted finally to win a game or two. 

Just like I used to watching Macho Man Rannnndddy Savage......OH Yeah!  3 mins of playtime! 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's scripted or rigged, but I think officials in ANY sport call the game in favor of the viewer, meaning they make the calls that keep the game close. Blowouts are rare in professional sports, and that has to do with how the games are called. There's no stats to back it up, because number of fouls doesn't tell the full story, but anyone watching for it can see it. 

As for the Patriots... ehhh... I used to ride hard on the "THEYRE CHEATERS!!" bandwagon, but it's honestly lost its luster for me over the years as I've learned more about the game and the strategy (and preparation!) behind it. Reading "Take your eye off the ball" helped me along that road. They have the smartest QB, and the smartest head coach--Brady has access to the entire playbook when he steps to the line. The guy has dedicated his life to being the GOAT. I wish he wasn't in our division, but think of his offseason vs. Baker Mayfield's. The Pats draft and sign personnel based on the playbook that Brady and Belichick are designing as soon as the season ends. 

The yardage marker? I mean... it's a fast game and those guys aren't astrophysicists marking the ball. Somebody goofed. Using FOXs yellow line to corroborate your theory is on par with "DA PATS WON DA SUPABOWL IN 2001 CUZ OF 9/11 AND THEY'RE THE PATRIOTS SO THE LEAGUE WANTED PEOPLE TO BE LIKE, PATRIOTIC AND SH1T, AND AMERICA !@#$ YEAH AND SPEND MONEY ON NFL CLOTHES AND STUFF CUZ THE NFL LOGO IS RED WHITE AND BLUE."

4 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I can tell some people here haven’t actually played football.

The official chain is on one side of the field, on the other side is a guy holding a marker and the chevron marker. He’s meant to look across the field and line it up to the official one. You can clearly see this isn’t the side with the official chain because look back 10 yards and there’s no other marker.

Clearly the official who’s meant to eye it up didn’t get it right but that doesn’t matter, it’s not the official one. It’s only there so if someone runs to that side they have a rough idea where they need to get to.

Sorry, no cheating to see here.

Here's what I want to know. What would have happened on the first down play had the Cowboys had gotten to the 5 yard line? Or to the original spot that they put the first down marker? Would they have given them a first down? Or said, "oh damn, our bad. The first down marker is in the wrong spot. It's supposed to be at the 4. So, you're short. Sorry". You don't move a marker in the middle of a play sequence. That's ridiculous

oh here is a video of the game -- perhaps go to the 2nd tape then go to 4:30 seconds left in 2nd quarter..  Gallup went down at the 28 -- 15 yard roughing the passer should be at the 13--    ball spotted at the 15 -- wrong spot.. I dont think the refs purposely spotted ball wrong for Cowboys but there should be someone from Cowboys checking all this.

https://www.nbafullhd.com/104187-2/

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Actually, they spot the ball “wrong” on virtually every play other than an incomplete pass or a pre-snap penalty, if only because it is impossible to mark forward progress accurately without some kind of sensors in the tips of the ball. And then after 3 guesses about what that forward progress was, they bring out the old 19th century chains and sticks and show that the offense came up half an inch short of a 1st down. And everyone acts as if this is an obvious truth. 

Such is the weird NFL blend of “good

enough for a game” ancient practice and modern high-def replay technology ...

this!  lol 

I see first down spots changed all the time during games, but because it's the Patriots they don't ever get the benefit of the doubt from anyone outside NE.

Nothing to see here really.

If the Cowboys go on to tie the game, no one is talking about this at all.

Is there really another "Gate", as in "MarkerGate"?

Edited by njbuff

11 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

That some billionaires have more sway, sure, no doubt. But that the others don't care as long as money comes in? These dudes are competitive! They want to win, to bask in the glory. They already have boatloads of cash. No way they'd stand idles as they are robbed of the spotlight. Just think who gets to hoist the Superbowl trophy first...

Yup.

Not to mention that to rig things would take a ton of people to be involved, which would then be guaranteed to be exposed.

If you've got a golden goose, the one thing you don't do is kill it, or even make it seriously ill, which is what a fixing scandal with a basis would do. There's little reason for them to do it and their self-interest lies directly opposed to doing this.

The idea is desperately ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, peterpan said:

I understand exactly what you are claiming, but you are incorrect.  Look at where the ball is on 1st down.  Then move ten yards, and that's where the marker should be, and was.  The marker is then moved, to 11 yards away from the first down spot.  

If what you are saying was the case, then the chains messed up in the first place, and we're a yard ahead of the first down spot.  

The play before the ball was caught on the 30 and falls forward to the 28. There was a 15 yard penalty against the Pats for roughing the passer. So that first down the spot should have been from the 13, or just behind it if they figured his knee hit before the ball got all the way to the 28. It's not clear where the markers on the other side actually were, but they should have been on the 13.

This is an absolute nothing.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup.

Not to mention that to rig things would take a ton of people to be involved, which would then be guaranteed to be exposed.

If you've got a golden goose, the one thing you don't do is kill it, or even make it seriously ill, which is what a fixing scandal with a basis would do. There's little reason for them to do it and their self-interest lies directly opposed to doing this.

The idea is desperately ridiculous.

In all honestly, I don’t think that too many people would need to be in on it.

1 commissioner and maybe 2 refs in each game? I see the referees as being a secret society such as Skull and Bones, where you either need to know someone, or be a legacy to get in. (Hocculi jr) 

At some point all of the miscues and statistical anomalies throughout the season start to add up, if you accept the fact that maybe something else is going on. 

just sayin.. ?

8 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

oh here is a video of the game -- perhaps go to the 2nd tape then go to 4:30 seconds left in 2nd quarter..  Gallup went down at the 28 -- 15 yard roughing the passer should be at the 13--    ball spotted at the 15 -- wrong spot.. I dont think the refs purposely spotted ball wrong for Cowboys but there should be someone from Cowboys checking all this.

https://www.nbafullhd.com/104187-2/

yes 

15 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I can tell some people here haven’t actually played football.

The official chain is on one side of the field, on the other side is a guy holding a marker and the chevron marker. He’s meant to look across the field and line it up to the official one. You can clearly see this isn’t the side with the official chain because look back 10 yards and there’s no other marker.

Clearly the official who’s meant to eye it up didn’t get it right but that doesn’t matter, it’s not the official one. It’s only there so if someone runs to that side they have a rough idea where they need to get to.

Sorry, no cheating to see here.

correct.

one side of the field has the official 'chain'. the other side of the field has the first marker stationed at where the drive began (and there it stays until a change of possession) and the moving marker is where the next first down would be located.

nothing to see here.

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

So, I went to NFL.com and looked at the game logs.  There was a deep pass just before this play and a 15 yard penalty tacked on to the end of the play.  There is actually a highlight of the play.  It looks to me as if the error was not in moving the marker but the initial placing of the ball after the penalty.  It appears they spotted the ball a yard short of where it was supposed to be.  They should have placed the ball at the 14 yard line and not the 15.  From the highlight, to me, it actually looks like he got stopped at the 28 not the 29 which to me the ball should have been at the 13... that however could just be the camera angle.  

Either way they got screwed by a yard from a mistake somewhere along the lines.  Don't think in this case "the fix was in" but just more incompetence. 

It is here:https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112409/2019/REG12/cowboys@patriots 

2nd qtr in the field goal portion that made it 6-10

ummm... "half the distance to the goal"

Edited by Foxx

This I don't like at all.

And as others have said, it has little to do with the ball being 'spotted' wrong.

First, is the video real? if it is..there is a problem.

Even if the Ball was spotted wrong...the Cowboys took their first and 10 snap from 10 yards away from where the sticks were to start. The fact that the buy moved the sticks makes it more of a first and 11.

IF the ball was spotted wrong..then the sticks should not have been moved unless where the snap was taken from was moved also.

10 years ago I'd say yes, the Pats had the NFL and refs in their pocket. Today, the only people that enjoy seeing the Patriots win is their fans. I think I can speak for every non Patriots NFL fan when I say, we're all sick of seeing them win. 

Edited by Steptide