More proof the league is rigged for the Pats****

peterpan

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

They spot the ball wrong once or twice a game.  

Actually, they spot the ball “wrong” on virtually every play other than an incomplete pass or a pre-snap penalty, if only because it is impossible to mark forward progress accurately without some kind of sensors in the tips of the ball. And then after 3 guesses about what that forward progress was, they bring out the old 19th century chains and sticks and show that the offense came up half an inch short of a 1st down. And everyone acts as if this is an obvious truth. 

Such is the weird NFL blend of “good

enough for a game” ancient practice and modern high-def replay technology ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Can you elaborate or link please?

oh please.  

I’m all for Putz conspiracies but sorry that is lame. 

try Google NFL bad ball spot 

https://amp.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/09/13/friday-hot-clicks-buccaneers-panthers-refs-ball-spot-video

Easy peasy 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

22 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Didn't see this posted.  The video speaks for itself.  This, plus those two obvious "tripping' calls are just the latest in the MOUNTAIN of evidence that something is truely fishy between the league and the Cheatiots. 

Careful there are alot of *pats apologists on here. They don’t want you to take away their moment of watching Little tom makeout with kraft and belly

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Fact of the matter is they made it to where the Cowboys had to get 11 yards for a first down. Nothing can make me hate the Pats more than I already do at this point though. 

that's how i interpreted the video as well, i get the miss-spotting but this was a 1st and 10 to start and then they gain 4 yards effectively making it 2nd and 6, then the 1st down marker gets moved out an additional yard.

the 1st down ball spot was already established, miss-spotting the ball shouldn't effect the next 1st down marker right?  both the CGI graphic and line were set also.

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

oh please.  

I’m all for Putz conspiracies but sorry that is lame. 

try Google NFL bad ball spot 

https://amp.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/09/13/friday-hot-clicks-buccaneers-panthers-refs-ball-spot-video

Easy peasy 

Did you even watch the video in question?  It has nothing to do with 'spotting the ball'.   The ref moved the first down line so Dallas had to get 11 yards for a first.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait they don’t still use the 10-yd  chain between the “original line-of-scrimmage” marker and the first down marker?

That was my thought as well. I understand spotting the ball wrong but how did they spot the marker wrong if the chain is only 10yds long? 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

They spot the ball wrong once or twice a game.  

33 minutes ago, dneveu said:

they spotted the ball incorrectly from what i read

This cant be a case of spotting the ball wrong because they had already played first down.  Watch it again.  1st from just after the 15 yard line.  First down would have been just after the 5 yard line.  It was on second down that they moved the marker to just after the 4 yard line.  They effectively made Dallas go 11 yards for a first down.

• Like (+1) 1