Gameplan for the Cowboys

Virgil

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Andre Roberts can give us decent starting field position, Haushka continues to kick well and Bojo can be consistent, those things certainly won't hurt.

Good point of emphasis @Gugny

There are few teams with worse STs - we hold advantage in PR, KR  and place kicking game - but the Cowboys manage to be this.  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst/2019

Time # 18 takes a Punt or Kickoff to the house.  In Jerruh's House to boot!

Edited by freddyjj

The Bills on defense need to force the Cowboys offense to beat them with Dak's arm. The Bills need to hope that Tre can shut down Cooper one on one and force the rest of the Cowboys passing offense to beat them. On offense the team needs to avoid turnovers at all costs even if it means being a bit more conservative. I think the deciding factor will be if the Bills can shut down Zeke and make a big play or two on special teams. The Cowboys are pretty solid on both sides of the ball but they are below average on special teams. If they can get some turnovers and break some plays they have a good shot to win. 

39 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Good point of emphasis @Gugny

There are few teams with worse STs - we hold advantage in PR, KR  and place kicking game - but the Cowboys manage to be this.  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst/2019

Time # 18 takes a Punt or Kickoff to the house.  In Jerruh's House to boot!

He sure seems to be getting closer to just that. Couple weeks in a row now hes just been brought down by a shoestring tackle with no one in front but the endzone.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

The Dallas Cowboys will be feasting on Buffalo this Thanksgiving Day.  Get ready for a butt whooping guys not going to be pretty

Really? I see the Bills either winning, or losing and not covering the spread.

Ya know what's funny? I think a lot of the Cowboys fans feel like WE'RE a dangerous match-up for THEM! No, really!

They have struggled to stop the run at times, and they're going to be without their starting defensive tackle and without Leighton Vander Esch. They've also struggled to contain mobile quarterbacks. As such, the suddenly potent Buffalo run game and the legs of Josh Allen have some of them worried.

Guess we'll see who was right to worry soon enough.

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Bullcrap.  They have things we have to be concerned with, sure.  And the Cowboys don't?  They have to play against a top ranked defense, they have to deal with a team that just rang up over 200 yards on the ground.

Why do Bills fans insist on being so negative and pessimistic? 

Stocholm Syndrome

17 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I got a bad feeling bout this one.

They're the better team on paper but have under achieved and have been badly out coached. Bills have feasted on weaker teams like they're supposed to.

I'd feel better about this game if they were 2 or 3 games up in their division but the NFCE is so bad this year that a 8-8 record may win it. 

They need this game bad!! The Bills are 2 games up on the WC playing with house money right now. They've really had no sense of urgency and have not dealt with a "must win" all season.

This would really be a nice statement game on national TV if they can pull it off. Daboll needs to call a smart, aggressive game and not let up until the final second. Keep the up tempo pace, utilize Sauce and Motor early and often and play "FEARLESS"!!

As has been the case all season, stop the run (Zeke will be a handful)... Win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

This matchup should test whether the D is for real or not, boys seem to struggle vs good D's

saints scored only 10 pts

packers losing 3-31 late 3rd qrtr

even jets had em at 9 pts for 3 qrtrs

pats 9 pts

vikes the other loss shut out any 4th qrtr comeback

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is simply a game in which we're playing a better team.  I don't think they're "a lot," better, however, so I think it will boil down to minimizing mistakes on our end (especially drive-killing penalties and drops) and capitalizing on mistakes that they make.

If Andre Roberts can give us decent starting field position, Haushka continues to kick well and Bojo can be consistent, those things certainly won't hurt.

What I DON'T want to see is Daboll outcoaching himself.  I don't want to see cute college-level trickery.  I don't want to see QB-keepers on any downs in which we need more than two yards.

We will likely see Duke on the field again and I hope they play to his strength.  We know he's not a deep threat, per se, but he does have good hands and is a big target.  Take advantage of those things.

We cannot fall behind too much, too early.  We need to be able to run the ball like we did last week.  Daboll did a nice job of mixing it up with Gore and Singletary.  I'd love to see a few sustained drives during which we pound their defense for 5-6 minutes.

Solid fundamental football will win this game.  I hope they play their most disciplined game.  If they do, they'll win.

Dallas has among the worst special teams in the NFL.  I would love to see Andre Roberts finally take one (or two) to the house.  He’s been close a bunch of times so far.  

I would agree that ball control and solis fundamentals are important.  I’d also like to see the defense find a way to take the ball away a few times and give the offense a shortened field.  I read that the defense is one of the best in 3 and outs but one of the worst in terms of total turnovers.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, MJS said:

The Cowboys are like us. They beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams. It will be really interesting to see who comes out on top.

They have the advantage on offense, us on defense. They're at home. I give the edge to the Cowboys, but either team could win.

And they throw for over 300 yards a game and score points......  

Yes the Bills defense is better......

22 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I give the edge to Dallas on overall talent. 

Buffalo gets the edge in coaching and scheme.  I suspect that Garrett will do some dumb things as a reaction to the criticism from the NE game and Buffalo will take advantage.

It will be a close game but Buffalo plays as a team, Dallas more as a collection of individuals.  Edge Buffalo with a Q4 drive by Allen FTW.

Their OC has had a heck of a season.  He has got this team averaging 26.5 points per game.  

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Got to keep Ezekiel  Elliott under 100 yards to win this game. Thats my game plan.

If you want more, you need to send me large wads of cash

There’s a little voice in my head saying you’ll need the cash for:

a.  a high powered rifle

b.  lots of ammunition 

c.  lawyers’ fees