Gameplan for the Cowboys

Virgil

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

The Dallas Cowboys will be feasting on Buffalo this Thanksgiving Day.  Get ready for a butt whooping guys not going to be pretty

What is this prediction based on? Do you get to claim some prize if the Cowboys win? Just a little more than the Cowboys are going to feast on Buffalo would help this post be more than totally irrelevant.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Rose colored glasses. 

Bullcrap.  They have things we have to be concerned with, sure.  And the Cowboys don't?  They have to play against a top ranked defense, they have to deal with a team that just rang up over 200 yards on the ground.

Why do Bills fans insist on being so negative and pessimistic? 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Bullcrap.  They have things we have to be concerned with, sure.  And the Cowboys don't?  They have to play against a top ranked defense, they have to deal with a team that just rang up over 200 yards on the ground.

Why do Bills fans insist on being so negative and pessimistic? 

You can't think of any reasons?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Not this season.  Why do you refuse to acknowledge the quality of the D?

I'm not one of the pessimistic "realists."

Just pointing out how one could become that way based on basically the entire history of this franchise.  It's a defense mechanism.  Personally, I let myself remain hopeful as I can deal with the potential disappointment  .

Just now, SWATeam said:

I'm not one of the pessimistic "realists."

Just pointing out how one could become that way based on basically the entire history of this franchise.  It's a defense mechanism.  Personally, I let myself remain hopeful as I can deal with the potential disappointment  .

I think you nailed it on the head by calling it a defense mechanism.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is simply a game in which we're playing a better team.  I don't think they're "a lot," better, however, so I think it will boil down to minimizing mistakes on our end (especially drive-killing penalties and drops) and capitalizing on mistakes that they make.

If Andre Roberts can give us decent starting field position, Haushka continues to kick well and Bojo can be consistent, those things certainly won't hurt.

What I DON'T want to see is Daboll outcoaching himself.  I don't want to see cute college-level trickery.  I don't want to see QB-keepers on any downs in which we need more than two yards.

We will likely see Duke on the field again and I hope they play to his strength.  We know he's not a deep threat, per se, but he does have good hands and is a big target.  Take advantage of those things.

We cannot fall behind too much, too early.  We need to be able to run the ball like we did last week.  Daboll did a nice job of mixing it up with Gore and Singletary.  I'd love to see a few sustained drives during which we pound their defense for 5-6 minutes.

Solid fundamental football will win this game.  I hope they play their most disciplined game.  If they do, they'll win.

This is a great post Gug.   

Daboll outcoaching himself is a concern of mine as well.   I still remember a comment from Andy Reid when he was with Philly saying new coordinators are sometimes afraid to use the same play more than once in a game, and it's simply because they feel the defense will only allow one and then adjust. 

His point was that even with adjustments, a mismatch is still a mismatch, and game callers/qb's need to shake the fear that they can't repeat the same play.  

This was evident at the end of the last game we played, Denver had a TEN man front, knowing we were just killing clock, yet we were still grinding out first downs.   

Daboll seems to be afraid to call more than a few screen plays per game, if any, despite our exceptionally fast center and other linemen showing the ability to get downfield quickly and clear the way.    Did you guys see the split screen misdirection play we called against Denver? (a Reid favorite)   The RB goes left to set up an apparent screen pass, half the line blocks that way to sell it, and Josh spins to throw to slot receiver still well behind the line.   

It got sniffed out for no gain, but I love that call and hope they do it again.   Under Sean's direction we play conservative ball, but Dallas doesn't and we'll have to match that style a little more than we're used to to get the W tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2

I give the edge to Dallas on overall talent. 

Buffalo gets the edge in coaching and scheme.  I suspect that Garrett will do some dumb things as a reaction to the criticism from the NE game and Buffalo will take advantage.

It will be a close game but Buffalo plays as a team, Dallas more as a collection of individuals.  Edge Buffalo with a Q4 drive by Allen FTW.

First and foremost, we can't "beat ourselves". Turnovers, penalties, clock management and Special Teams cannot be a problem. We have to play a "clean" game. After that, we have to take the mindset of "we're a tougher team". We need to be the more physical team on both sides of the ball. Let Zeke know "it ain't happening today". Pound that depleted D-line and LB corp. of theirs. Essentially see this game as a fight and kick their :censored: ass.

Let's go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Philo said:

Hasn't Denver lost a bunch of close games? When are the opposing offenses pulling back?

Just checked... 4 of their 7 losses before last weekend were by less than a TD. Denver has been playing teams tough - because of a very good defense. 

Dallas has lost 4 close games but keep in mind - Bills are only a few plays from being 10-1 as well.   This should be a really good game.   

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

First and foremost, we can't "beat ourselves". Turnovers, penalties, clock management and Special Teams cannot be a problem. We have to play a "clean" game. After that, we have to take the mindset of "we're a tougher team". We need to be the more physical team on both sides of the ball. Let Zeke know "it ain't happening today". Pound that depleted D-line and LB corp. of theirs. Essentially see this game as a fight and kick their :censored: ass.

Let's go Bills!!!!

I agree, however these things have been an issue all year long, pretty much.

46 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

I agree, however these things have been an issue all year long, pretty much.

which is why I don’t think Bills have coaching advantage despite Garrett being on the hot seat. The key as always is Josh Allen, but I think it’s going to have to have 3 TD game with both 200 yards passing and running. If the Bills can have like 3 or 4 long scoring drives it will go a long way in limiting Zeke imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Dallas normally has a great offensive line, but they're a bit beat up right now.  Buffalo's defensive line needs to get their assignments right and play with discipline.  Frazier and McDermott need to continue to dial up some creative blitzes.  Maybe Buffalo can put Tre White on Cooper, but they don't want to put Levi Wallace on anybody one on one, especially a big strong WR.

The Bills have been improving on offense the last couple games.  Dallas has dominant defensive ends, so I expect Buffalo is going to want to get the ball out of Josh Allen's hands as quickly as possible.  Not that they won't take any deep shots, but they'll want to be careful about picking their opportunities.  I could see Cole Beasley getting targeted a lot.  Dallas has a defensive tackle, Antwuan  Woods,  who is nicked up and might be out.  The are also likely without the services of star weak side linebacker, Van der Esch.  I think the Bills will test the interior of the Dallas line in the run game as it may be a (slightly) weak link in the defense.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some running out of a two TE formation, and the tight ends may have a bigger role in the passing game as well. 

Edited by TigerJ