Bills 0-2 vs. teams who are under intense internal and outside pressure

zow2

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm just saying the prwmise of this thread smacks of reverse engineering.

The OP seems to lack the belief that the Bills can pull it off, but ultimately it’s a legitimate question.  The Bills have been playing disciplined football and Allen has shown improvement so let’s see where they are.  I’m looking forward to it.  (And I’ll take this opportunity to apologize in advance for jinxing the Bills with my optimism.)

Doomed!

I think it’s more to do with the fact that the three teams in question are very talented with high expectations and therefore are/were seen as underachieving and it led to the internal/external pressure and dysfunction.  the talent won out, not the discord.

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The OP seems to lack the belief that the Bills can pull it off, but ultimately it’s a legitimate question.  The Bills have been playing disciplined football and Allen has shown improvement so let’s see where they are.  I’m looking forward to it.  (And I’ll take this opportunity to apologize in advance for jinxing the Bills with my optimism.)

I absolutely think the Bills can win this. Just need to see it happen against another good, talented opponent who’s coach and team performance Has been publicly criticized by ownership and fans. 

20 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

I think the Bills will get run off the field because it’s superior competition and when they’ve played teams of superior talent they have buckled. 

Pats/Browns were 50/50 games that we simply lost.. both went down to the wire.  

Philly is, by far, the worst game we’ve played all season. It happens.  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's why they play the games

I sort of see it differently.  Against Philly, we had a head-scratching game plan to come out pass heavy and win the game on Allen's arm in crappy weather.  It didn't work.  The following week and last week in similar situations, we pounded the rock and it worked.  Against the Browns, we came out with a similar head-scratching "let's put Singletary in the Barn and hang it on Allen's arm" formula and again, it didn't work.

After that, the Bills offense seems to have had a "come to Jesus" meeting where we regrouped and simplified.  Now we've put 2 games of that on tape.

It really is going to come down to execution.  We're a young team and we make mistakes at bad moments sometimes.  If we lock in and execute, we can do this.

Pressure is a two edged sword.  It doesn't always amp you up, sometimes it cuts you.

The Bills do seem kind of laid-back and smiley in their pressers, but hopefully the coaches chew their asses before the game and get them fired up.  Being so dis-favored against a team with more losses ought to help.

Excellent.

I think the Bills CAN win but I’m not very optimistic because I think highly of Dak Prescott and that OL. They have so many options on offense. If this was at home, I’d be more inclined to think we have a better chance. I don’t think it’s a good matchup. But a turnover here or there and it’s a game. 

• Like (+1) 2

so they've lost to the far better teams

and beaten up and squeaked out by a razor thin margin on the garbage cans

and been meh on the in-between teams, gotta sweep all those games...

Edited by row_33

Well one dominated us on the ground and the other squeaked out a win we could have easily won. The team that dominated us doesn't appear to be all that good. But I think they have a good coaching staff. The team that squeaked out a win played probably the toughest first half schedule of all 32 teams which included a win over Baltimore. I see the Browns going on a run to end the season. Will they win out? Probably not. But a 6-1 finish is not out of the question for them. But unfortunately for them it looks like they have no margin for error.

As for Dallas. I have had a great feeling about this game since the season started really. That included while Dallas looked great the first three weeks. Nothing has changed my mind in thinking this will be a close game coming down to a final possession. I think tomorrows game is a lot like the Browns game but with more scoring from both teams.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Well one dominated us on the ground and the other squeaked out a win we could have easily won. The team that dominated us doesn't appear to be all that good. But I think they have a good coaching staff. The team that squeaked out a win played probably the toughest first half schedule of all 32 teams which included a win over Baltimore. I see the Browns going on a run to end the season. Will they win out? Probably not. But a 6-1 finish is not out of the question for them. But unfortunately for them it looks like they have no margin for error.

As for Dallas. I have had a great feeling about this game since the season started really. That included while Dallas looked great the first three weeks. Nothing has changed my mind in thinking this will be a close game coming down to a final possession. I think tomorrows game is a lot like the Browns game but with more scoring from both teams.

could have easily won....

ROTGLMAO

it's the NFL, sport!!!

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Bills CAN win but I’m not very optimistic because I think highly of Dak Prescott and that OL. They have so many options on offense. If this was at home, I’d be more inclined to think we have a better chance. I don’t think it’s a good matchup. But a turnover here or there and it’s a game. 

Honestly, I think they have a lot of big names who's hype is bigger than their play. They are not terrible by any means but Jerry is acting like he has put together a super team and can't believe they could be 6-5 with the players on the roster. I expect the Bills to be in the game to the final second. I'll be disappointed  if this looks like the Philly game but indoors.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

could have easily won....

ROTGLMAO

it's the NFL, sport!!!

Not sure why you find the comment so amusing. You didn't comprehend my point. I'm comparing the two losses that the OP mentioned. I'm simply making the obvious observation that we did not get boat raced out of the stadium like we did against Philly. It was a competitive game. Do you disagree with that? And I expect a similar competitive game against Dallas. 

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Honestly, I think they have a lot of big names who's hype is bigger than their play. They are not terrible by any means but Jerry is acting like he has put together a super team and can't believe they could be 6-5 with the players on the roster. I expect the Bills to be in the game to the final second. I'll be disappointed  if this looks like the Philly game but indoors.

Not sure why you find the comment so amusing. You didn't comprehend my point. I'm comparing the two losses that the OP mentioned. I'm simply making the obvious observation that we did not get boat raced out of the stadium like we did against Philly. It was a competitive game. Do you disagree with that? And I expect a similar competitive game against Dallas. 

it was never in doubt

teams don't go full out to squish an opponent

this isn't Wi or XBox

make sure next team you are better prepped and committed to winning and do your best...

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

I think the Bills will get run off the field because it’s superior competition and when they’ve played teams of superior talent they have buckled. 

You can actually say that about the Cowboys. They have to yet to beat a team with a winning record, and when they play teams with superior talent, they have buckled.

The difference between the Bills and the Cowboys is at least the Bills made some changes after they buckled. Will Garrett?

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2