Josh Allen: How season changes after NE game

Alphadawg7

After watching that ... I wonder just how much was Josh trying to make adjustments on his own during the NE game and not trusting the gameplan.  I remember seeing Daboll screaming Josh on the sideline after one of the INT's.  He certainly seems to be doing better at taking what the opposing D is giving him and not playing as reckless.   

9 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Kinda like when the light started to go on after the injury early last year. It’s almost as though Josh needs a timeout early in the season to recalibrate. 

That can be a blessing to young guys. He was supposed to be sitting anyway. 

• Like (+1) 3

Now get him a WR over 6-foot, keep this offensive line together, and let him take the next step.

No need to waste first and second round picks on defensive players, like I've seen numerous people want.

I'm ALL for spending in free agency to shore up the defense, but I want a 20-23 year old WR who can grow with Josh through the next 5-10 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Now get him a WR over 6-foot, keep this offensive line together, and let him take the next step.

No need to waste first and second round picks on defensive players, like I've seen numerous people want.

I'm ALL for spending in free agency to shore up the defense, but I want a 20-23 year old WR who can grow with Josh through the next 5-10 years.

Jerry Jeudy, his draft stock is falling a bit because he hasn't had the season most anticipated but that guy is an animal. I think he is 6'1 or 6'2.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The last two weeks and the Giants game have been his best three performances. That is positive. Trending in the right direction. The period between New England and Miami (2nd game) I think he was being too tentative. He was trying too hard to avoid the turnover. But two of the Bills defeats have come in games where Josh Allen hasn't thrown and interception. I maintain what I have said since early last season... he is at his best when in rhythm, when he gets the ball out quickly and throws in that intermediate range down the field an not worrying about being too precise. 

Worth saying the numbers bear the quicker decision making out. His three fastest "time to throw" numbers for the season are those three games. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Michael Pittman. 

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Jerry Jeudy, his draft stock is falling a bit because he hasn't had the season most anticipated but that guy is an animal. I think he is 6'1 or 6'2.

We would have to trade up for him. I'd be extremely shocked to see him fall anywhere near the 20s.

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

This team's two biggest needs remain a #1 receiver and a high end pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Totally agree with this.   A good starting WR to go along with Brown and Beasley and a high end pass rusher.    Those are the definitely the biggest needs.

They will also need to find a replacement for Lorax and another running back to compliment Motor.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Totally agree with this.   A good starting WR to go along with Brown and Beasley and a high end pass rusher.    Those are the definitely the biggest needs.

They will also need to find a replacement for Lorax and another running back to compliment Motor.  

Remember they have Vosean Joseph stashed on IR at linebacker. He didn't light up camp and pre-season as a rookie before the injury admittedly but I think they would still like to believe there is something there.  I'd expect another day 3 linebacker pick and maybe a low level FA pickup too. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed ?

However, I think if we are to make any splashy moves in FA (after re-signing/extending our guys), there are a few top DEs and edge players available that we could potentially go for. If we are drafting in the mid-20s, IDK if we could pick up a player in the late 1st round that could be reasonably expected to match the production of a Clowney/Ngakoue type. 

On the flip side, I think there's great WR depth in the top 2 rounds of this draft. In a dream scenario, would love to see us get Henry Ruggs III/Chase Claypool in the 1st and then grab a #2 CB or replacement for Lorax in the 2nd followed by a thunder type RB in the 3rd. Filling out OL/DL/LB depth the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agreed ?

However, I think if we are to make any splashy moves in FA (after re-signing/extending our guys), there are a few top DEs and edge players available that we could potentially go for. If we are drafting in the mid-20s, IDK if we could pick up a player in the late 1st round that could be reasonably expected to match the production of a Clowney/Ngakoue type. 

On the flip side, I think there's great WR depth in the top 2 rounds of this draft. In a dream scenario, would love to see us get Henry Ruggs III/Chase Claypool in the 1st and then grab a #2 CB or replacement for Lorax in the 2nd followed by a thunder type RB in the 3rd. Filling out OL/DL/LB depth the rest of the way.

Yes they don't have to get it all in the draft. I don't mind how they approach it really but they are the two spots they must attack in this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Hoping they don't strictly rely on the draft for a WR. 

Fair enough as a lot of rookie WRs don't typically contribute much in their first year. My only thing is getting a premier WR via the draft would be far cheaper/better for our cap than in free agency as long as we hit on the pick (easier said than done). 

Definitely open to the idea though, any free agent WRs that interest you and/or that would be a good fit on the Bills? 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Note:  In the 7 games since NE he has 16 total TDs, 2 INTs.  

Good press conference and article about how game is slowing down for him.  

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/bills-josh-allen-explains-how-season-changed-after-patriots-game-in-september.html

Here's the link to the presser

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-a-lot-to-be-thankful-for

I love Josh and it felt like a very honest presser with a bunch of little positive insights into teammates (Cole Beasley..."if it's Rock Paper Scissors, he wants to win" "his football IQ is very high...he's like a quarterback out there").  On the other hand LOL at his answer to "how do you keep the outside noise" question at about 8:20: "I don't really think that it's different from any other game that we've played" when earlier he's talking about 40 people from his home town coming to see him play and how he remembers stuffing his face with mashed potatoes and watching the games all day as a kid and knowing other people are going to be doing that. 

It's different, Josh.  We trust you to keep your head in it, but it's different.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Fair enough as a lot of rookie WRs don't typically contribute much in their first year. My only thing is getting a premier WR via the draft would be far cheaper/better for our cap than in free agency as long as we hit on the pick (easier said than done). 

Definitely open to the idea though, any free agent WRs that interest you and/or that would be a good fit on the Bills? 

With 90m or so cap room I think a Top FA DE and WR are affordable necessities ;)

Edited by JMF2006
added cap room