Shaq over Murphy, Right?

Dkollidas

Especially after this season, the way both have played, I assume they’ll try to re-sign Shaq, as long as he wants to be here, and cut ties with Murphy.

Shaq will basically take Murphy’s salary position on the team. 

Draft a DE in the 1st or 2nd round, and sign a lower priced UFA (Vic Beasley?).

Hughes/Draft-Pick

Lawson/UFA

seems like a much better way to have the defensive ends going forward. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Especially after this season, the way both have played, I assume they’ll try to re-sign Shaq, as long as he wants to be here, and cut ties with Murphy.

Hughes/Draft-Pick

Lawson/UFA

Murphy is one of worst signing in Beane era next to Star who combined rake in about 20million,  gas them both and use money on Shaq and another free agent.  Those two get destroyed on running plays

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 4

How much do they save cutting Murphy?

Lawson is having a good year. Is this good year due to steady progression or is it motivated by a contract? Either way I think Lawson is a very good rotational player. What’s that cost? $7m or $12m? 
I do like drafting a DE early. I think DE/CB will be the Bills first two picks depending on value. 

24 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Hughes/Draft-Pick

Lawson/UFA

Shaq has been playing like a man with a contract negotiation coming 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Shaq is a RDE.  I’ve only seen him make 1 play on the left side this season.  Everything else comes from the right or DT. I like him, but I don’t think he’s a fit for us unless we plan on keeping him as a RDE.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Anybody know Murphy's contact without me having to look it up? Does it go past this year?

Over the cap has the savings at 7.2  million with 1.75 mill in dead money if we cut him in 2020, not sure about the post June 1st cut that option never seems to work on that site.

If it’s one or the other, Shaq all day long. He actually makes plays. I hope his progress continues and he's not just a contract year one-year-wonder. This is where you have to know the man, not just the player.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Murphy is one of worst signing in Beane era next to Star who combined rake in about 20million,  gas them both and use money on Shaq and another free agent.  Those two get destroyed on running plays

2 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Neither are that good.

People seriously are going overboard after Shaq got 2 sacks on Sunday. 2 sacks where the offensive line didn't even put a single blocker on him and let him come in untouched. Murphy or anyone else would've gotten those sacks too.

You know I probably should just let them slide but are we really complaining about the 3rd ranked defense?  3rd in ppg, 3rd in ypg, 3rd in passing yards per game, and gasp 14th in rushing yards per game.  They are top 5 in 3 categories and top half of the league in the other category.

With 90 million in cap space there is no need to move on from Star or Trent.  There is money to spend on Shaq and Jordan Phillips and others who need to be re-signed.  There is still money to add players as well.  No reason to cut players and create holes in a very good defense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1