2020 HOF Semi-Finalists announced

YoloinOhio

10 senior members get in for class of 20 this year but takser doesn't count for that as he as been only out 22-23 years and must be retired for 25 years.   I really hope he gets in this year. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001080760/article/hall-of-fame-reveals-25-semifinalists-for-class-of-2020?icampaign=nflweb-push-webnotification

"

The Hall of Fame Board recently passed a resolution that suspended the Hall of Fame's Selection Committee Bylaws for the Class of 2020 election cycle only. The measure is intended to honor the NFL's Centennial Celebration through a special Centennial Class that will be comprised of 20 members in 2020. The group will include five Modern-Era players to come from the list announced today in addition to 10 Seniors (a player who has been retired for more than 25 seasons), three Contributors (an individual other than a player or coach) and two Coaches.

The Modern-Era players list will be reduced to 15 Finalists that will be announced on Jan. 2, 2020. The finalists will then be presented to the full 48-member Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee during its annual meeting on Selection Saturday," on Feb. 1, 2020, the day before Super Bowl LIV. The Selection Committee will elect five Modern-Era players for the Class of 2020.

The determination of the Seniors, Contributors and Coaches will be made by a special 25-person Centennial "Blue-Ribbon" Panel who will review the backlog of deserving Seniors, Coaches and Contributors. The Blue-Ribbon Panel is comprised of Hall of Fame Selectors, Pro Football Hall of Famers, media members, football historians and industry experts.

The Pro Football Hall of Fameâs Class of 2020 will be introduced during NFL Honors, a two-hour prime-time awards special to air nationally on the eve of Super Bowl LIV at 9 p.m. (ET and PT) on FOX.

The Centennial Class of 2020 will be formally enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame during the annual Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls from Aug. 6-9, 2020 and the Centennial Celebration in Canton on Sept. 16-19, 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is it me or is that a surprisingly weak class? No one with a WOW factor when thinking about their playing days. Solid players all around for sure.

I guess Polamalu would be the leader of the pack? Would love to see Tasker get in with this class too.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is it me or is that a surprisingly weak class? No one with a WOW factor when thinking about their playing days. Solid players all around for sure.

I guess Polamalu would be the leader of the pack? Would love to see Tasker get in with this class too.

yup, very weak.....

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lots of solid players but nobody i would say HAS to get in...probably Polamalu is the best of the bunch i would agree...

If I had to vote for 5 I'd probably go with

Polamalu

Boselli(he neutralized Bruce Smith in his prime one on one with no help several times....enough said)

Bruce

Willis(while he had a short career he dominated)

Atwater

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree that it is a weak class overall.  I think Tasker may finally get in.  

It's time the league recognizes how great he was at a a non celebrated role.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Extremely easy to write the history of the gams without using any of those names. If anything, Tasker may be the most worthy.

Yep. Some really strong players in that class but not historic players. Tasker has a chance. I don't expect it but wouldn't be shocked. They need to start opening the gates for some of these ST guys. Not many of them, but if there are kickers and punters...

23 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is shocking that Atwater is not already in the HOF.

The man was a true superstar.

Yeah, I did a double take when I saw his name.  

Patrick Willis and Edgerrin James are interesting names for me, considering their career lengths.  But if Terrell Davis got in, then they should too

• Like (+1) 1