Steelers bench Mason Rudoph

YoloinOhio

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Same. I didn't want Allen either, but I sure as all blank didn't want Lil' hands. He never had the tools to make it in the NFL.

I’m loving every second of his implosion. Mainly because, living in Erie PA, I deal with that self righteous fan base. They act as though the franchise and they, as fans, are gracing the league with their presence. Anyways..... it’s so funny how quickly those fans got spoiled and forgot that fact their qb search before ben took nearly 30 years. 

As soon as they drafted Rudolph it was basically a forgone conclusion amongst them that they just drafted a star that slipped to the 3rd round and the transition would be seamless. I’m not even exaggerating. The dude was hyped to the max by their fans before he ever saw regular season action.... I think it may have been some sort of defense mechanism, as I don’t think they quite know how to process dealing with crap qb play or the thought that it may take YEARS to find another good qb. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Why is everyone shi**ing on Mason Rudolph?  He’s one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history?  College success translates directly to NFL success according to many of you GMs in here!

The "hunting of the Snark", Cowpoke-style?

You were actually here pre-draft, so you know we weren't thrilled with the notion of Rudolph then. 

Loved James Washington, though.

9 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

At least we'll get a couple of weeks of tape on him. Hate to be the first team to face him, even a 3d stringer.

Oh yah I’m sure he’s thrilled to be facing our defense 

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The "hunting of the Snark", Cowpoke-style?

You were actually here pre-draft, so you know we weren't thrilled with the notion of Rudolph then. 

Loved James Washington, though.

Some here liked Mason ...

Thank God the Bills didn't

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some here liked Mason ...

Thank God the Bills didn't

You are correct and I sit corrected.  Mason did have his supporters.  But even there, I don't think the argument was "college success = pro success"

There was more stuff to it about completion percentage and what kind of offense he played and etc etc

PS what happened to James Washington anyway?  I thought he'd be great.  Been silent.  Shows why I'm not a GM

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve always tried to trick myself into semi liking the Steelers being that I’m a union steel/iron worker here in NYC, with all the history they have over there in Pennsylvania and the name itself...but it just never works, I ******** hate them.

1 minute ago, Codyny13 said:

I’ve always tried to trick myself into semi liking the Steelers being that I’m a union steel/iron worker here in NYC, with all the history they have over there in Pennsylvania and the name itself...but it just never works, I ******** hate them.

it's one of the best pro organizations in North American pro sports, a handful of bad seasons over the last 50 or so

even with the player loss for this season they are semi-contending

Just now, row_33 said:

it's one of the best pro organizations in North American pro sports, a handful of bad seasons over the last 50 or so

even with the player loss for this season they are semi-contending

Probably why I don’t like them...because they’re spoiled being always good, that being said, I grew up 5 miles from Yankee stadium, I understand why people hate the Yanks, but thank god I have a pretty consistently good team to root for in baseball to balance out my football team.

5 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Probably why I don’t like them...because they’re spoiled being always good, that being said, I grew up 5 miles from Yankee stadium, I understand why people hate the Yanks, but thank god I have a pretty consistently good team to root for in baseball to balance out my football team.

it was amusing in the 70s  when they cried how the Raiders were dirty when they were a fraction less obvious

wish i could have a rivalry like this again in the NFL... and add great Dallas and Miami and Minnesota teams into the mix as well

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I don't get it.  I recall reading here before that Mason Rudolph looked good.  Why bench him.

some were even saying he is better than Josh Allen.

Gotta love monday morning QBs, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has got one!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PS what happened to James Washington anyway?  I thought he'd be great.  Been silent.  Shows why I'm not a GM

Didn't he catch the pass from Devlin that essentially sealed Mason's career?  :)