SI Power Rankings Week 11: Bills Finally Crack Top 10!

class_of_2012

The Bills are ranked 10 in the NFL.com power rankings:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001080984/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-bills-hit-top-10-cowboys-fall-out

"Previous rank: No. 14

"Eight and three? That feels good to me. I ain't never been 8-3 in the NFL." That was Shaq Lawson, after the defensive end finished with two sacks and three pressures in the Bills' 20-3 win over the Broncos. Lawson is in his fourth season, but he could be wrapping up his 20th year in Buffalo and still be tasting 8-3 for the first time. (The 1996 Bills were the last team to start 8-3). Yes, these are optimistic days in Western New York, where the local team is in prime position for a second trip to the playoffs in three years. The D was dominant on Sunday, holding Denver to a piddly 134 yards. Brandon Allen did not lead the Broncos on a drive of more than 48 yards in a contest that never felt in doubt for the home team, even when it was 6-0 at the half. The Bills are good."

Edited by class_of_2012
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, mannc said:

Utter garbage.  Seahawks at 9?  Chiefs at 5?  Bills behind Jests and Raiders?

In addition to the Bills, he lists 5 of the six teams in the 7-12 slots as "overrated".   Uhh.....I bet this guy routinely thinks 60% of team are 'below average'.   :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Hell has frozen over.... Stephen A apparently just put the bills in his top 5 teams on his weekly rankings he does on first take.

…. still cant stand him. 

He probably saying this because of his disdain for Cowboys fans

I think the Bills are better than GB and Minn

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

What the heck? By that same logic every team in the league is terrible, because at some point in every game they all had 0 points. 

He has Minny at 8th who was down 20 nothing to the same team just the week before.  He has GB at 7th who was only up 7 against Denver at the half.  I love when people spew crap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Wow. It must be devastating to come to the end of your life and realize that you spent a ton of money and time creating a website just to tout the worthless ***** that is your opinion... Feel bad for him preemptively. 

It's why I don't have a web site.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He probably saying this because of his disdain for Cowboys fans

I think the Bills are better than GB and Minn

I also thought he was using it as a way to annoy cowboy fans this week..... I love this team right now and I don't even think they are a top 5 team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He liked the Jets to go to the playoffs as his sleeper team at the beginning of the year.  He hates being wrong.

in a separate article the bills are overrated because they barely beat the jets and bengals….

then in the underrated section sits the raiders that just got SLAMMED by the jets. and then the steelers that needed a timely turnover and a freak big play to beat the findley let bengals….. that dude is a grade A idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

in a separate article the bills are overrated because they barely beat the jets and bengals….

then in the underrated section sits the raiders that just got SLAMMED by the jets. and then the steelers that needed a timely turnover and a freak big play to beat the findley let bengals….. that dude is a grade A idiot.

I used to peruse that website for gambling purposes but the pop up ads quickly put an end to that.  It's an awful website.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

Buffalo finally cracks SI's top 10! And who is the voter who voted us 2??

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/26/nfl-power-rankings-poll-week-13-ravens-49ers-patriots

1. Baltimore 9-2

2. San Francisco 10-1

3. New England 10-1

4. Seattle 9-2

5. Kansas City 7-4

6. New Orleans 9-2

7. Minnesota 8-3

8. Green Bay 8-3

9. Buffalo 8-3

10. Houston 7-4

Buffalo Bills 8-3

Previous rank: 12
Points in poll: 184
Highest-place vote: 2 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 14 (1 voter)
Last week’s result: Beat Denver, 20-3
This week: at Dallas (Thurs.)

New week, same story. The Bills trampled a bad team at home, but now an intriguing Thanksgiving showdown in Dallas on a short week awaits. Regardless of what we see when the mask is finally removed, the defense (134 yards allowed on Sunday, No. 3-ranked D in the NFL) is for real.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

PFF Rank? 33 :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1