Cole Beasley mixing Football with Rap Career: “ Fixated on Proving People Wrong” (Plus - his new song!)

YoloinOhio

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33897/cole-beasley-mixes-football-rap-career-fixated-on-proving-people-wrong

In his first season with the Bills (8-3), Beasley -- 49 catches for 525 yards and four TDs -- is on pace for his second-best season in terms of receptions and yards. Buffalo has the inside track to an AFC playoff berth, and Thursday's game (4:30 p.m. ET, CBS) against the Cowboys (6-5) is an important test for Beasley's new team.

But football is just part of his story.

Dallas is home. He played his high school football on Fridays less than an hour from where he played Saturdays at SMU and Sundays at AT&T Stadium. It's also where he ruined a family computer or two downloading songs onto CDs to play for his friends, where he used stipend checks to fuel a burgeoning hobby and where that hobby morphed into a second craft as a rap artist.

Beasley, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in Dallas, has an album out and another on the way. He's progressing as a receiver and an artist, and he's ready to share that maturation.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love what Cole has brought to the team.  His music isnt bad either.  Well done

Yes, But. 

Love some of the play I've seen from Cole, but at times it seems like he's not 100% focused and maybe not 100% into building rappore with Allen either.

If he loves the music, then he should absolutely pursue it but maybe shift the priorities a bit.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, But. 

Love some of the play I've seen from Cole, but at times it seems like he's not 100% focused and maybe not 100% into building rappore with Allen either.

If he loves the music, then he should absolutely pursue it but maybe shift the priorities a bit.

Hmm.  I've heard quite the opposite, like he's constantly in Allen's ear since OTA's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Hmm.  I've heard quite the opposite, like he's constantly in Allen's ear since OTA's.

"In someone's ear" aka telling them that you're open, telling them how they should have thrown to you that was different than how they did, telling them to lead you more and throw with more touch, sure

That's different than "building rappore" which is more a 2 way street - "if I target you on a tough catch, will you either haul it in or defend it?  can you get open reliably against man?  if there's pressure, will you hurry your route and get your head around quickly (be QB friendly)?  if you're open and I make another decision will you toss your helmet and have a tantrum, risking a 15 yd?" 

Beasley has played well and having him "in Allen's ear" has undoubtedly been good for Allen's development, but the degree of trust and rappore that Allen has with Brown seems much greater than what he has for Beasley at this point, and I believe at times it impacts the decisions that Allen makes - it seems he would rather throw to a double-covered Brown than a single-covered or apparently-open Beasley.

There have been things like the INT off Beasley's thigh in the season opener, I forget which game but a badly bobbled ball that he eventually secured, etc. - a pass that Allen threw under pressure where Beasley didn't get his head around, the ball hit him in the shoulder and after the play Allen made a two finger gesture pointing at his eyes, like "look!".

I'm not trying to put it all on Beasley - obviously the throws could have been better placed, had better touch on them etc.  Just making the case that Allen is still building rappore with Beasley and that Beasley being "in Allen's ear" about what Allen can do better or differently is not all it takes.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I'm gonna tell my kids this was Cole Beasley

Image result for humpty dance gif

Just can’t compete with the Humpty Dance, no use trying... 

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Hopefully no one tells you to "just cook my fries," and not have any other interests in life.

Ok Mrs. Beasley, noted.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Just a joke! 

I gotcha, just bustin stones back at ya ;)