I CAN'T WAIT til the Ravens come to Buffalo

JerseyBills

11 minutes ago, iinii said:

Last year was a long time ago. You put that many DBs on the field and Ingram will get a buck fifty.

Sounds like we better bring back ol' #43 to man the MIKE.  

Just now, Like A Mofo said:

Hate to say it but this post might not age well.

Baltimore did hang 30 on NE lets not forget

But New England only has the best defense in the league and the best defensive game planner of all time.  We have Matt F@#$ing Milano!!

This game terrifies me, as I think Baltimore is scaring everyone right now.

What I do like is we have 10 days to prepare for a home game where the elements may play a factor.

I also like that we have the personnel and a group that's been together to at least take away the passing game. 

It's gonna take our offense showing up and keeping Baltimore off the field to really have a shot, but I feel pretty good about that side of the ball now.

Definitely not thrilled for this game, but it will be a real good test of what this team can or can't do.

14 minutes ago, iinii said:

Last year was a long time ago. You put that many DBs on the field and Ingram will get a buck fifty.

Have to pick your poison.  I don't think Ingram can beat us by himself.  Jackson can.  we also need to control the ball on offense and keep Jackson off the field.  Should be a pretty good game, seeing as we;'ll also be coming off the high of beating the 'Boys.

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I respectfully disagree. They are nothing like those teams. They had world class QBs in their prime. This is a great GIMMICK offense, and our back 7 has the pieces to stifle them, Consistently

I dunno, his numbers don't seem gimmicky. I think Lamar is the fastest guy on the field and can sling the ball. Big, accurate armed guy. When you have that going for you, it is hard to defend. He doesn't have to make multiple reads, the offense is built for him . Plus they got a punishing bruiser for an RB.

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm saying it now, Lamar and Roman are going to struggle heavily with our back 7.  

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from Lamar right now but once their scheme is figured out, ala vs SD Wildcard weekend last year , I don't see him being able to recover from that and I'm certain our defensive personnel is their kryptonite. 

That's when you'll see Poyer/Hyde/Tre/Edmunds/Milano at their best, our back 7 is phenomenal and after we handle them at home , they'll be praying they don't cross our paths in the playoffs. We have the personnel to shut them down on a consistent basis. 

And like alot of Bills fans , I'm taking the Lamar love and Josh snub a little personal. I think we have the superior QB , I think when the 4th quarter hits and we wrecked Lamars running ability, he's going to FOLD like a lounge chair and I truly believe Allen is going to rise. I respect Baltimore heavily but I truly think Buffalo is their antedote. We are built to shut them down. And if the offense keeps progressing to the level I think it's capable of, sky is the limit.

SB or Bust, ya I said it!!!

Dunno - If anyone was truly snubbed I would go with Jackson during the draft.

If results matter, he has outperformed all the QB's taken ahead of him. No one has "figured" Baltimore out yet. Even teams that have schemed guys free to get to Jackson, have not been able to get him on the turf. It would be a tough match-up and we would have to probably spy him with Edmunds all game as he is likely the only one with the physical tools to mirror him or recover if beat.

I do agree that QBs that lean heavily on their run ability in the Read-Option or RPO have a shorter shelf life than those that have to take snaps under center and learn to throw from the pocket, but while at his physical peak Jackson makes that offense a nightmare to defend. If you are Baltimore it makes no sense what-so-ever to try to force him into being a pure pocket-passer and ignore his god-given ability while it is there now to be leveraged. That is just smart coaching.

I would love to see the game simply because no one has been able to stop them and I enjoy a good defensive performance and would enjoy seeing how McDermott and Frazier would try to tackle the challenge.

I don't think we get smoked like the Rams, we are better built as an overall defense, but there is nothing that indicates we would win that game at this stage of our development. Hard to say it would be a walk in the park - visions of the fleet-footed Fitz waltzing into our end zone from 30 yards out when we played Miami at home lends some credence to the argument that we would be in trouble.

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm saying it now, Lamar and Roman are going to struggle heavily with our back 7.  

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from Lamar right now but once their scheme is figured out, ala vs SD Wildcard weekend last year , I don't see him being able to recover from that and I'm certain our defensive personnel is their kryptonite. 

That's when you'll see Poyer/Hyde/Tre/Edmunds/Milano at their best, our back 7 is phenomenal and after we handle them at home , they'll be praying they don't cross our paths in the playoffs. We have the personnel to shut them down on a consistent basis. 

And like alot of Bills fans , I'm taking the Lamar love and Josh snub a little personal. I think we have the superior QB , I think when the 4th quarter hits and we wrecked Lamars running ability, he's going to FOLD like a lounge chair and I truly believe Allen is going to rise. I respect Baltimore heavily but I truly think Buffalo is their antedote. We are built to shut them down. And if the offense keeps progressing to the level I think it's capable of, sky is the limit.

I'm guessing that you're probably one of the #BillsMafia group members on Facebook that says that Lamar is not a real QB and that he can't read a defense. I can honestly say that your brain is mush if you think either of those things. You don't give that young man the credit he deserves. He is an excellent "option" offense quarterback. He has the skill set to excel with that formation. What you fail to see (out of ignorance or just plain blind) is that he is nearly equal capable being a pocket passer as well. It is true and I will agree that one day soon someone will figure out their offensive scheme and make things tougher for them on offense and i certainly hope it's the Bills and their staff that does it, but to think they will fold like a lounge chair is absolutely ridiculous. Stating such nonsense just plain makes you look stupid. 

Edited by BigPappy

I’m not sure if anyone caught this yesterday morning on Get Up but Rex was asked how he’d defend the ravens and he said he’d fire everything at LJ and not play a zone and he said he knows Wade won’t do that and look what happens. Gap integrity is huge against them and any good spread offense. You need elite team defense to beat them. LA is a shell of itself but still take a hell of a team to do what they did last night and can happen to anyone. 

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I’m not saying their offensive scheme can’t/won’t be figured out but you can’t rely on it being figured out based on last year’s playoff game against SD.  Jackson was still very raw and they had spent the previous offseason building the offense around Flacco.  Now that they have pretty much spent the last year building it around Jackson and his strengths it is going to be much more difficult to come up with something that will slow it down.

Every D coach in the league, who has the opportunity to play them, is taking it as a badge of honor to beat these guys. That's how these guys are wired it's a challenge and I'm just the guy to do it.

Don't they have to play a team from San Fran on Sunday? with a guy named Robert Salah as DC? And a really tough defensive front that can attack them? Might not happen this week, but it could and it will at some point this season.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

Any of you just hear Mike's call into Jim Rome?  Said something about being a proud Bill's fan, how excited he is for the team and its' progress, looking forward to Dallas, thinks the Bills only have to win one more game to make the playoffs, etc.  All good, right?

And then Mike goes onto say that he thinks the Bills should sit Allen and many of their other starters the following week when the Ravens come to Buffalo.  It's not worth risking injury, yadda, yadda, yadda.  

• Haha (+1) 1

No way we’re sitting anyone with the Ravens not hurt.  This guy obviously never really followed Beane, and McD.  We’re not laying down for anyone, and we don’t have the record to sit anyone even at the end of the season.  We need to ensure 5th seed as winning the division is a severe long shot.  Let’s hope KC beats the Pats this week.  That certainly would help.

5th means we’ll probably start with the AFCS and not afraid of Houston, TN, or Indy.  Winning that game would be awesome.  I’m not that confident after that week as we’ll most likely get the Pats or Ravens.  Maybe we shock everyone.  This week will show a lot as we’re digesting our turkey.