I CAN'T WAIT til the Ravens come to Buffalo

JerseyBills

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I respectfully disagree. They are nothing like those teams. They had world class QBs in their prime. This is a great GIMMICK offense, and our back 7 has the pieces to stifle them, Consistently

I wish we had some gimmicks that would allow us to put up those kinds of points on offense...

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

But they're a gimmick offense!! Am I lying??? We have the LB/S/CB personnel to consistently remind them of that!

Please enlighten us all as to how that offense is gimmicky? Are you saying running RPO's is gimmicky? It's unstoppable when you have a QB who is an elite runner and thrower plus receivers who can catch. Many dont want to give Jackson credit as a passer because that was the knock on him coming out of college and his overall yardage isnt superb. Check out his completion percentage and refer to the eyeball test. If you havent noticed Lamar is SUPER accurate. Even when he is off its still catchable balls. ALL of his incompletions Monday Night were drops or throw aways. He has broken passer rating records. TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF!

At this point he is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better runner AND passer than Josh is. Its great to be a Bills fan but its also ok to be honest. Im happy with Josh as many of us our but he is nowhere near on the level as Jackson is RIGHT NOW. The only thing I see stopping Jackson is injuries and our QB has just as much chance to get hurt as Jackson does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The ravens are absolutely terrifying on offense. I really think to beat them you have to blitz to contain and not to get home. Sounds crazy but I want to keep him in the pocket and make him throw 30 times. 
He gets one on one or breaks contain and it’s over. I want Mark Ingram running and their WRs trying to beat our DBs. Im not sure if anyone can make that happen tho. Lamar Jackson is Phenomenal  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm saying it now, Lamar and Roman are going to struggle heavily with our back 7.  

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from Lamar right now but once their scheme is figured out, ala vs SD Wildcard weekend last year , I don't see him being able to recover from that and I'm certain our defensive personnel is their kryptonite. 

That's when you'll see Poyer/Hyde/Tre/Edmunds/Milano at their best, our back 7 is phenomenal and after we handle them at home , they'll be praying they don't cross our paths in the playoffs. We have the personnel to shut them down on a consistent basis. 

And like alot of Bills fans , I'm taking the Lamar love and Josh snub a little personal. I think we have the superior QB , I think when the 4th quarter hits and we wrecked Lamars running ability, he's going to FOLD like a lounge chair and I truly believe Allen is going to rise. I respect Baltimore heavily but I truly think Buffalo is their antedote. We are built to shut them down. And if the offense keeps progressing to the level I think it's capable of, sky is the limit.

SB or Bust, ya I said it!!!

i love your enthusiasm and believe the ravens will be figured out and i hope its us but this may not be the year. We will get better next year and its going to be a run ride !!

14 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

The ravens are absolutely terrifying on offense. I really think to beat them you have to blitz to contain and not to get home. Sounds crazy but I want to keep him in the pocket and make him throw 30 times. 
He gets one on one or breaks contain and it’s over. I want Mark Ingram running and their WRs trying to beat our DBs. Im not sure if anyone can make that happen tho. Lamar Jackson is Phenomenal  

Luckily we play lots of zone so hopefully that keeps Jackson from having a big day. We also will have to run 8 in the box to stop the run and close the pocket around him. Question is do we have the guys to do it. Might need to review that Browns game to see how they beat them.

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Why can't we think about Baltimore? I'm sure McDermott and Co. are focused on Dallas.

We as fans fall into this trap and we get burned every time when it comes to looking ahead to future opponents who have nothing to do with the here and now.

With that said, the Ravens look like freaking King Ghidorah right now. Question is........... is there a Godzilla out there to stop them?

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We as fans fall into this trap and we get burned every time when it comes to looking ahead to future opponents who have nothing to do with the here and now.

With that said, the Ravens look like freaking King Ghidorah right now. Question is........... is there a Godzilla out there to stop them?

We can be that Godzilla. Pray for snow.

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm saying it now, Lamar and Roman are going to struggle heavily with our back 7.  

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from Lamar right now but once their scheme is figured out, ala vs SD Wildcard weekend last year , I don't see him being able to recover from that and I'm certain our defensive personnel is their kryptonite. 

That's when you'll see Poyer/Hyde/Tre/Edmunds/Milano at their best, our back 7 is phenomenal and after we handle them at home , they'll be praying they don't cross our paths in the playoffs. We have the personnel to shut them down on a consistent basis. 

And like alot of Bills fans , I'm taking the Lamar love and Josh snub a little personal. I think we have the superior QB , I think when the 4th quarter hits and we wrecked Lamars running ability, he's going to FOLD like a lounge chair and I truly believe Allen is going to rise. I respect Baltimore heavily but I truly think Buffalo is their antedote. We are built to shut them down. And if the offense keeps progressing to the level I think it's capable of, sky is the limit.

SB or Bust, ya I said it!!!

So, what is their scheme? Seems to me they have a lot of very talented players playing very well

We need to keep running our up-tempo offense and similar play calling. If we slow down and run all the time we are toast against their defense.

I was going to say we need to run 8-9 in the box and we may on occasion but doing so frequently will compromise our defense. We still need to crowd the box and crush the pocket around Jackson but i think we should run a 7 man front instead of our usual 6 man front consisting of  4-2-5.

However instead of a 4-3, to which the LBs outside of Milano and Edmunds are so-so, we should run a 5-2-4. By putting an extra lineman on the line this will clog up their lanes more and put bigger and more importantly better players on the field and keep lineman off our LBs to flow freely to the ball and pass defend like they normally do.

Hard to say if this or what McDermott has in store will work but hopefully they come up with something to stop the Ravens because as it is right now it doesn't look good.

I'm glad we got a few extra days of prep time and home field advantage.  We are going to need as much in our favor as possible.  They look unstoppable at the moment.

If it's me I'm focusing on stopping Lamar's running ability first and foremost.  Then I'm hoping for a big time performance out of the DTs moving the line and being vital in stopping the RBs.  My last concern is the passing game.  How to do any of that?  Hell if I know.

Edited by Mark80

They need to make Jackson throw outside. He is dynamite in middle of the field. Need Edmunds, Hyde and Poyer to have elite game. The other trick is get ahead. If we win the toss take the ball and go put 7 on the board. 

Their scheme is designed to play with the lead. See how long they will persist with the run when behind. 

Do those two things and we have a chance, not a big chance, but a chance. 

The Ravens throw to their TE more than any other NFL team. You need be able cover them as well as watch out for their version of the option play, which is almost faking the handoff and standing there hiding the ball well and when you choose the RB he runs right by you.

Right now the Ravens winning with College style plays drawn up just a bit differently and relying heravily in TE for catches with the occasional big shot to Hollywood.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

We just beat a couple of bad, beat up teams. 

The Bills simply cannot score enough points at this point in the process to beat either Dallas, Ravens or Pats, IMO.  It's coming, its just not this year.

Maybe, but they can go 10-6 and make the playoffs.  Shoot, beat the Steelers and lose to the Jests and maybe still get in at 9-7.