Sean Mcvay opinions?

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

And I am oppo.  McVay might go back to the drawing board and develop.  Goff shows as much awareness on the field as EJ, but no more.  He was fed the answers to the test just before the mic clicked off.  Now that defenses have adapted it's apparent that he doesn't have the skill to make it on his own.  

We disagree.

We do. And can I just say the mic thing is the most overblown narrative in sports. I watched plenty of Rams games when they were rolling where they were not at the line super early every time  

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We do. And can I just say the mic thing is the most overblown narrative in sports. I watched plenty of Rams games when they were rolling where they were not at the line super early every time  

OK, tell you what, if, in four years Goff is still a starting QB in the NFL you get New Jersey back.  If he isn't we get Ireland.

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

How stupid were the Rams to guarantee this guy 110 million before his option became available.

He couldn't get his pen out fast enough to sign that thing. Can't blame him though...................

Yeah as soon as I saw that deal... the first thought that went through my head was ... "I've got some bad news for the Rams future" haha

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is he really an offensive guru or has he been exposed as kinda a one year wonder? 

Not a one year wonder as he has at least 2 good seasons but i think Goff has been exposed as a QB that can't play once McVay isn't holding his hand.

Goff looks terrible and McVay is partially at fault for not developing him properly.

10 hours ago, Reader said:

Yeah, I think McVay is a good coach, but severely overrated during last year. I could be wrong, but my guess is Rams fans have really frustrating All 22's where play design works but Goff misses things.

A good coach should be able to adjust strategies and game plans per the evolving roster. McVay has not shown an ability to adjust to anything. It is likely he is just a mind with a couple of bright ideas and limited ability to be flexible. I am surprised how ineffective a Wade Phillips coached Defense was last night. As good as Jackson was last night, the D just did not change throughout the game. 

9 hours ago, Process said:

League caught up to him. Still a good coach but can no longer work wonders with a garbage QB.

$110mm guaranteed for Goff and two first round picks for a CB. Rams are a prime example of how to not build a team. They are screwed and will be bad for the next few years before they can  finally move on from Goff and will start a total rebuild. 

Giving big contracts to guys like Goff and Wentz will set a franchise back for years.

They are desperate to remain a SB caliber team for the opening of their $5b stadium.  That’s what the mortgage-the-future strategy is about.

I’m not sure if Gurley ever got back to 100% after his injury last year, but either way his OL fell apart and the offense cratered.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

See I am not saying Goff is good....  I just don't think that much of this is on him. He is the one for whom the jury remains out on in my opinion. The one the jury has returned a guilty verdict on is the boy wonder HC. 

The evidence is what’s happened in Green Bay where LaFleur is using a variation of the same scheme. Their offense has been snuffed out a few times this year, and that can’t be blamed on incompetent QB play. Against SF it certainly seemed like the 9ers D knew exactly what the play calls were. They shut down A Jones and then went after Rodgers relentlessly. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

The evidence is what’s happened in Green Bay where LaFleur is using a variation of the same scheme. Their offense has been snuffed out a few times this year, and that can’t be blamed on incompetent QB play. Against SF it certainly seemed like the 9ers D knew exactly what the play calls were. They shut down A Jones and then went after Rodgers relentlessly. 

This is a very good point. There was a lot in common about Green Bay on SNF and the Rams on MNF in terms of their offensive ineptitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Rams also don't have a 1st round pick in either of the next 2 drafts. Good luck getting a new QB or elite OL. McVay will probably get 1 more season before being shown the door, but he'll be leaving that team in shambles.