Darnold likes to party after a big win

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I want to dump on the Jets as much as the next guy, but I am having a hard time figuring out what the problem with this story is.  He went out with his teammates to a bar to celebrate, had a few drinks, maybe too many, flirted with some girls, and went home at 12:30. Oh, the horror!  What am I missing?

Yeah, not only that....it says he didn't drive drunk, they hired a LIMO

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FLFan said:

I want to dump on the Jets as much as the next guy, but I am having a hard time figuring out what the problem with this story is.  He went out with his teammates to a bar to celebrate, had a few drinks, maybe too many, flirted with some girls, and went home at 12:30. Oh, the horror!  What am I missing?

Nothing good ever happens after 7:30pm

• Haha (+1) 4

On 11/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, nedboy7 said:

I partied with JK at a strip club in Canada once.  We partied as in we both drank at opposite corners of the club. 

I partied with OJ once back in the 90s. He was a perfect gent. It was a cold evening and he was kind enough to let me have his gloves

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's so sad that this needs to be made the object of public discussion. What has the world come to, when it's a news story that a pro athlete went out and got some after the game? I hope the reporter who 'broke' this 'story' gets blacklisted from the industry for life. There's just no integrity in journalism anymore. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, Augie said:

I try not to latch on to these things, and I hope to let it go after this, but.....my wife’s sister married a doctor (then in medical school). She married him for the right reasons, not for money. The problem was he had a thing for nurses, and later his partner’s prescription pad. Yes, SHE filed for divorce, but She was NOT the problem. No “feminist indoctrination” there (whatever that is supposed to mean), just a guy who had serious issues and was taking the family down. Your stats need some context. OK, that was almost as “old couple” as us, so....

My son recently got engaged. They are both in their late 20’s. I’ll “never say never”, but there is a 99.9% chance they will not end in divorce. Both are mature, hard working, well educated, gainfully employed, good communicators and they have taken the process very seriously. They have met with counselors, been together about 2 years and lived together more than a year while raising a puppy (that’s more of a test than some might realize). They know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. They are not some young kids who just want to play house and think/hope it will all be sunshine and rainbows. 

And.......GO BILLS! 

Hey, I had said my piece but you just had to add to it so, so will I ha ha.

So Doctor dude is a scumbag, and his wife has good reasons to divorce. Sure, it happens, often times too. I don’t see your point from an anecdotal story, nor have I even insinuated it can’t happen. My point would be this: do you think it’s fair that Mr Doctor studied for all these years, build his practice for all these years, worked long hours all these years… and his wife enjoyed all the perks while married… and will STILL get to enjoy at least 50% of the perks while divorced? What does he get in return from now on in exchange for that 50%? Nothing. Zero. Even worse is that he will be a part time dad at best. You call that a great contract from his perspective?

You realize that if Doctor had been the perfect husband and she a promiscuous s cheating wife, the financial outcome would still be the same? Completely similar. That’s fair? That’s a wise contract to sign for the party that brings more to the table? The greater the difference in income between the two parties, the greater the payout to the lower income one in case of divorces. How does this make sense? You want to keep the lifestyle you had while married? Well stay married. Simple enough.

You realize that while you think she married him “for the right reasons”, isn’t it strange almost no women marry men with lower income and social status? It’s super rare. While the other way around is super frequent? You realize that unless it’s a case of forced marriage like happens in certain religious groups and cultures, women do the choosing while men do the courting?

In this time of so-called equality, women can and do work, and make money. They are not helpless like decades ago. Yet somehow they always choose a man with higher or equal social standing. Yet we think nothing of this. Why? Cause it’s almost in our DNA. It’s so natural that we see it as a given. My point is not that women are out to get men or target rich men, just that the current system favors them so heavily, that as men, if we do marry, do so with a woman of equal assets and income at the very least or else, don’t sign such a bad contract, just be in a relationship without putting your assets in the hand of the State for it to possibly divide them later. A contract is needed in case something bad happens, not when things are great, so it should be fair for both parties, no?

It’s not MY fault the system screws men over. Don’t blame the messenger. And stats don’t lie when they are overwhelming, no matter your or my anecdotal stories. The wedding contract simply isn’t balanced these days. It doesn’t change human desires for long term relationships and deep bonding! But why add the State into your relationship? If vows were as solid and serious as before, this post would be pointless. But, again, when 50% of 1st marriage end in divorce (80% for 3rd!) and over 70% are initiated by women, yes, do thread carefully. Now the rest of you guys can continue to say I’m a loser for stating facts LOL. I’m done, so you’ll have the last say. Congrats!

GO BILLS INDEED!

• Thank you (+1) 1

The guy is a single, 22 year old millionaire NFL QB who was responsible enough to have a designated driver and left the club by 1230. This should not be a negative story  compared to the other stuff NFL players get caught doing. I live in Jets/Giants country and the local radio was RIPPING the Post for publishing this crap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

The guy is a single, 22 year old millionaire NFL QB who was responsible enough to have a designated driver and left the club by 1230. This should not be a negative story  compared to the other stuff NFL players get caught doing. I live in Jets/Giants country and the local radio was RIPPING the Post for publishing this crap. 

Agreed.