MNF: Baltimore at LA Rams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Lamar is a unique talent, and that’s what some people are missing. I’m not claiming he’ll play at this level forever, but I don’t like any comparison to other players. Lamar Jackson is one of a kind. Greg Roman’s offense simply allows him to showcase his talent. It’s not the same as McVay making Goff look good the past few years. Goff never had special talent like Jackson does. 

I think this is correct.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, Yolo pointed that out.  College and NFL are two very different worlds, though.  I don't think certain performance in college always translates to the NFL, or at the least it can take a while.

Yep,  Zay Jones caught...ah nevermind.

2 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Chris Berman's still got it

I'm so glad this is back. I've missed Berman like I've missed Cosell. The chick falling in the Jets sequence was freaking hysterical.

Now if we can just find a way to replace the MNF crew, I'll be happy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rams essentially eliminated from playoff contention in November.

Pressed against the cap with $110M GTD to the QB.

No first round draft picks until 2022.

:lol: bye bye Les.

Going to be weird seeing a $5B stadium at half-capacity.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Lamar is a unique talent, and that’s what some people are missing. I’m not claiming he’ll play at this level forever, but I don’t like any comparison to other players. Lamar Jackson is one of a kind. Greg Roman’s offense simply allows him to showcase his talent. It’s not the same as McVay making Goff look good the past few years. Goff never had special talent like Jackson does. 

I largely agree with you. 

Jackson is a unique talent executing a unique to the NFL offense.  It can't be emphasized enough how exotic an NFL offense the Ravens are running.  It's truly unlike anything anyone else is running.  The ability of Jackson to run the football like a 3rd down back and the offenses willingness to throw away the rules of down & distance when running the football has flummoxed the league.

In fact it looks to me that as the season has gone on the ravens have become even less conventional then they were in the first few games.  Jackson almost never slides and they're as likely to run the ball on 3rd & 8 as throw it. 

It will be fascinating to see how long Lamar can hold up and how long it takes the league to catch up. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Yep,  Zay Jones caught...ah nevermind.

Just look at Ed Oliver.  He was a force at Houston, yet he had struggled this year until the last game or two.  People who expect instant success from most of these rookies have unrealistic expectations.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I largely agree with you. 

Jackson is a unique talent executing a unique to the NFL offense.  It can't be emphasized enough how exotic an NFL offense the Ravens are running.  It's truly unlike anything anyone else is running.  The ability of Jackson to run the football like a 3rd down back and the offenses willingness to throw away the rules of down & distance when running the football has flummoxed the league.

In fact it looks to me that as the season has gone on the ravens have become even less conventional then they were in the first few games.  Jackson almost never slides and they're as likely to run the ball on 3rd & 8 as throw it. 

It will be fascinating to see how long Lamar can hold up and how long it takes the league to catch up. 

Just wondering our match up next week with them. Does faster LBS and a better secondary helps vs this team Ravens? 

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm so glad this is back. I've missed Berman like I've missed Cosell. The chick falling in the Jets sequence was freaking hysterical.

Now if we can just find a way to replace the MNF crew, I'll be happy. 

You’re not a fan of boogers?