MNF: Baltimore at LA Rams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Alternatively, Jackson has a run like Brady, Manning or Rothlisberger did with multiple super bowl wins and perennial appearances in playoffs. 

cam newton is 6-6 260 pounds and ended up hurt and missing lots of time.  that's just what happens.  nobody is rooting for it it's just reality. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a good passer in college. Threw it all over the place in an offense with pro concepts.

He threw the ball really slow during tests though. People were knocking Nathan Peterman's throwing velocity yet Lamar threw it slower than him.

The DBs are worried about his running ability though so they have to take extra peeks into the backfield.

Edited by suorangefan4

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

He threw the ball really slow during tests though. People were knocking Nathan Peterman's speed yet Lamar threw it slower than him.

The DBs are worried about his running ability though so they have to take extra peeks into the backfield.

This.  He’s pretty accurate throwing to wide open receivers... which is what he gets with that running game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

He threw the ball really slow during tests though. People were knocking Nathan Peterman's throwing velocity yet Lamar threw it slower than him.

watson threw 49 mph too and he turned out ok. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

why?  he threw for a ton of yards in college

Yeah, Yolo pointed that out.  College and NFL are two very different worlds, though.  I don't think certain performance in college always translates to the NFL, or at the least it can take a while.

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Alternatively, Jackson has a run like Brady, Manning or Rothlisberger did with multiple super bowl wins and perennial appearances in playoffs. 

Anything can happen.  But I would bet against it.  The injury risk is real and over time his body will degrade.  Sure Gore has lasted forever as a RB but he's an extreme exception to the rule.

I also think that like in college football the pros will adjust to this type of attack.  Don't forget that pro defenses are built to stop the NFL's mono-culture of spread offenses.  What Baltimore is doing is brilliant but it won't last very long because two things will happen:

*  More teams will adopt this offense leading to

*  Defenses creating schemes and getting personnel able to best handle it. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He has a long way to go to match Wilson's passing game from the pocket.

I actually think Jackson is a unique to the NFL talent.  Decent passing game with a body type that resembled a 3rd down RB.  He moves, accelerates and cuts like a RB.  Wilson & Vick couldn't do that in the tight spaces Lamar does between the tackles.  He and Baltimore really are effectively executing a college offensive scheme. 

The NFL doesn't handle innovation very well. 

Lamar is a unique talent, and that’s what some people are missing. I’m not claiming he’ll play at this level forever, but I don’t like any comparison to other players. Lamar Jackson is one of a kind. Greg Roman’s offense simply allows him to showcase his talent. It’s not the same as McVay making Goff look good the past few years. Goff never had special talent like Jackson does. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1