Go on the record: The concern-o-meter!

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is so indicative of this board:if you’re not concerned, you don’t understand the past!!!!!

Reality? (Side note: sometimes it’s a b*tch slap). THIS IS NOT THE SAME TEAM OR ORGANIZATION FROM EVEN LAST YEAR!!!! Let alone the preceding 20 years! To think this is the ‘same old Bills’ is mind numbing. Is this the year? Probably not. Are we on the correct path?  Yup. 

As Yoda said, let go of your feelings...and look at reality b*tch! (I may have added the last). ? 

Buffalo Bills PTSD is real... and many of us have it. Can't help it... the only cure is beating the Cheatriots this season or winning a playoff game. We haven't won a playoff game since before I joined the Navy. I've been retired for 2 years now after 20 years.

Yeah, we're making progress, but that Buffalo Bills PTSD...

Ugh.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm at like a 6.5 to 7. I was at a 9 before the Bills offense woke up and the defense got its mojo back.

I feel weirdly confident about the Cowboys and Ravens games, and weirdly terrified of the Steelers and Jets games.

I'm feeling the same way - - - it's strange!

I'm concerned they might not progress more. But not much. They've showed progress, they've made the right moves. They've been smart.

Not worried about the games particularly at all. I'm with Beane and McDermott ... my goals are long-term. I don't care all that much about this year, though I"m sure McDermott absolutely does. I see them having a decent shot at making the playoffs but see them losing to the two or three best teams in the conference. They're not there yet.

Amazingly after all these years, though, they appear to be headed in the right direction.

The bright lights of Dallas somewhat concern me as we always seem to find a way to lose gloriously in Primetime through the years (I say only somewhat as we have the Beasley X factor returning to D looking for a statement game), but I actually feel really good about the Ravens game—our D has plenty of experience going up against a versatile weapon at QB, right? And I think the individual matchups favor us more than the pundits may realize there. Steelers/Jets is just taking care of our ‘bidness’ type games that are on the table for the taking. So in summary...LET’S GO!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If we can't beat whatever it is Pittsburgh will be trotting out at QB and then the Jets at home we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.  

We can lose the other 3 games those are elite teams and 2 are on the road.  We could win one and I actually think its Baltimore that we have the best chance against.  Their center got hurt tonight.  Could be a big deal.  Their WRs and TEs are no match for our secondary.  Hold them to 20-24 and we can win.  

It went from about a 9 to a 3 after yesterday's game.  I don't see Rudolph or Hodges moving the ball on this defense and I can see them doing just enough on offense to eek out a victory with the Steelers like they did against the Titans.  The Jets are finally playing like the team I thought they'd be this year but I like my chances against Darnold with this defense at home.  Any other win is gravy.  The Bills have played well in December under McDermott and I don't see that changing even though the schedule gets tougher.

1, I guess. Why would I be concerned about it? These games don't affect my personal life. I watch them for fun. If we win, great. If we lose, oh well. On to the next week. If we miss the playoffs? That sucks, let's start looking towards the draft and free agency.

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

Concern regarding making the playoffs - 4

Concern regarding how we finish the last 5 games - 8

Just don't want to see us lose against ever decent team left on the schedule. Just win 1 or 2 of those, that's it. I'd rather us beat the Steelers & lose to the Jets, not for the playoff spot but just to say we beat a team with a winning record. 

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

Kubli  Kahn :D

If they win 1 or 0 games the rest of the way, are you going to honestly be terribly shocked and reeling in disbelief?

Nothing that happens can surprise the fans, but overall I expect a hard loss on WC weekend. And come back stronger next year.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

If they win 1 or 0 games the rest of the way, are you going to honestly be terribly shocked and reeling in disbelief?

Nothing that happens can surprise the fans, but overall I expect a hard loss on WC weekend. And come back stronger next year.

They're not winning 0-1 more games, barring radical injury. I'm that confident. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The bright lights of Dallas somewhat concern me as we always seem to find a way to lose gloriously in Primetime through the years (I say only somewhat as we have the Beasley X factor returning to D looking for a statement game), but I actually feel really good about the Ravens game—our D has plenty of experience going up against a versatile weapon at QB, right? And I think the individual matchups favor us more than the pundits may realize there. Steelers/Jets is just taking care of our ‘bidness’ type games that are on the table for the taking. So in summary...LET’S GO!!!!!!

Huds, you are, as always, correct (btw, thanks for the off board suggestion. I DO look good in lavender!).  May I also put a little optimistic asterisks in there?  I know this is the only game and i know it is on Thanksgiving, but I just don't get the prime time vibe as it is not in prime time. 

Who knows, may be something little like that...just the fact that it is a 4:30 game might help.

However, I would just assume that they would be super motivated to prove themselves on the national stage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That we implode on national TV: 4. Dallas is going to go old school on us, just got called out by its owner, Garett is coaching for his job, and our history with powerful backs of late isn't good. Will Allen continue his good play or revert to hero ball and throw 20 picks? Will Daboll try to get too cute? Will we let the limelight blind us?

Having said that, I'm at a 9 that we don't make the playoffs. I do think we probably make it and may even advance one round.   

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Huds, you are, as always, correct (btw, thanks for the off board suggestion. I DO look good in lavender!).  May I also put a little optimistic asterisks in there?  I know this is the only game and i know it is on Thanksgiving, but I just don't get the prime time vibe as it is not in prime time. 

Who knows, may be something little like that...just the fact that it is a 4:30 game might help.

However, I would just assume that they would be super motivated to prove themselves on the national stage.

And that the oddsmakers are spotting them basically a TD worth of points? Talk about getting no respect, lol. Dallas is 6-5. Let that marinate for a bit :)

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cleveland are sitting at 5 wins. If the Bills get to 10 they have to win out and I just don't see it. 

If the Bills get to 10 they are in. 

Cleveland has to play Baltimore and at Pittsburgh. I don't see them beating Baltimore this time around. They also have to play at AZ, and they have the Bengals twice. I strongly believe that the Bengals aren't going to go 0-16 and will play hard to avoid it, although their win could come against Miami in the second last week of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

That we implode on national TV: 4. Dallas is going to go old school on us, just got called out by its owner, Garett is coaching for his job, and our history with powerful backs of late isn't good. Will Allen continue his good play or revert to hero ball and throw 20 picks? Will Daboll try to get too cute? Will we let the limelight blind us?

Having said that, I'm at a 9 that we don't make the playoffs. I do think we probably make it and may even advance one round.   

putting up a good fight and maybe stealing one in Dallas is all i ask for

and a lot less the next game after seeing what the Ravens did last night to a contending Rams team  :(