Go on the record: The concern-o-meter!

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm at like a 6.5 to 7. I was at a 9 before the Bills offense woke up and the defense got its mojo back.

I feel weirdly confident about the Cowboys and Ravens games, and weirdly terrified of the Steelers and Jets games.

I was at a 4 until I read THIS!!!!

Based on the improvement I have seen in the trenches and Josh looking better, I'm not concerned about any team in the league being that mcuh better than buffalo, despite what the media thinks.  Defenses and running games travel.  New England's offense sucks.  Dallas is on the verge of a meltdown, the Jets are pretending and the Steelers...nvm.  The Bills can hang with anyone.  I see them peaking now, like good playoff teams should, in Nov. and Dec.  The Ravens appear to be on another level with Lamar.  That is a game I'm not too confident in, but it will be close.

For the Bills, I am about at a 4. Steelers are imploding and we should beat them as well as the Jets. Potentially compete with Ravens and Patriots and honestly I'm expecting them to have a shot against the Cowboys.

For the WC race I'm a little bit more concerned, maybe a 6. Even at 10 wins we need some other teams to lose a few. We've got Raiders, Titans, Colts, Texans all kind of bunched up here. Cleveland is sitting there at 6 wins and if they win out they have the tiebreaker over us.

2 minutes ago, theAteam said:

For the Bills, I am about at a 4. Steelers are imploding and we should beat them as well as the Jets. Potentially compete with Ravens and Patriots and honestly I'm expecting them to have a shot against the Cowboys.

For the WC race I'm a little bit more concerned, maybe a 6. Even at 10 wins we need some other teams to lose a few. We've got Raiders, Titans, Colts, Texans all kind of bunched up here. Cleveland is sitting there at 6 wins and if they win out they have the tiebreaker over us.

Bills are a minimum 2 games up on all the other remaining wild card contenders, fwiw, and almost ALL these teams have to play each other.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Cleveland are sitting at 5 wins. If the Bills get to 10 they have to win out and I just don't see it. 

If the Bills get to 10 they are in. 

I range between 7 and 10 on the concern o meter, depending on team we play and alcohol consumption..,. Outside of that nada,  but I do worry about some of my fellow fans emotional states...

Go Bills!!!

I'm about 4. I was thinking about the Pats today. I always hope the Bills can crush those guys but I was thinking maybe it would be great if we beat them in a low scoring ugly game when we go to NE in a couple of weeks. Then all the talking heads can say it was just a fluke. Enter the playoffs & of course we have to go to NE & then we crush them up. Wishful thinking maybe but man that would make the season.

You know, the thing is that people have been so "concerned" about not being a dynasty this year.  They are so concerned about who we beat, who we lost to, how many points we scored, how many yards Allen hasn't thrown for, the couple times Allen missed an open receiver... etc.... that those people have not enjoyed one bit of the season.  We are 8-3.  How the hell can people not enjoy that?  OMG we aren't going to win a superbowl this year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScotSHO said:

Steal one against Dallas or Baltimore and it'll be smooth sailing on the Seas of Concern.

This is where I'm at. Concern is fairly low though - maybe a 3. Beat Dallas this week and the concern goes to zero.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not concerned at all

I think we make the playoffs

I think we are not ready for a deep playoff run this year

We are into YEAR ONE of the first major rebiuld I have seen the bills do in my lifetime (and I have been a bills fan for a long long time)

9 new starters on offense

2nd year very raw but high ceiling QB

Offense still have some holes

Offensive line completely retooled

NEXT year is the beginning of our deep playoff runs

this is year 3 (17, 18, 19) of the Beane/McD regime/rebuild.  both he and Beane got here in 2017.

I do agree however that they should show real signs of a contender next season. still a couple players away as well as they will have this seasons growth and experience to continue to build on.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

I'd really like a poll in this thread, in order to see how concerned people are in one glance.  Can you make one for us OP?