Go on the record: The concern-o-meter!

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Concerned? Not at all. The Bills are going to lose a few of them. Hopefully just few enough to limp into the postseason.

this is where i'm at.  there's going to be losses, and there's going to be meltdowns over them.  i get it.  i just want this team in the post season, then i'll worry about it from there.  right now i'm just enjoying the ride to the playoffs.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 12

1 minute ago, teef said:

this is where i'm at.  there's going to be losses, and there's going to be meltdowns over them.  i get it.  i just want this team in the preseason, then i'll worry about it from there.  right now i'm just enjoying the ride to the playoffs.  

Really? I didn't have you pegged for a 7.

O.o

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

this is where i'm at.  there's going to be losses, and there's going to be meltdowns over them.  i get it.  i just want this team in the preseason, then i'll worry about it from there.  right now i'm just enjoying the ride to the playoffs.  

They'll be there all right. Next August.

• Haha (+1) 1

Rest of Season/Making Playoffs - 10% Concerned.

Think about yesterday...Bills Offense didn’t score a TD until 3rd Quarter and the game never felt in danger of being lost.  THAT is the safety net this defense provides.  It cannot be stated enough how much cushion the Defense gives this offense to only average around 2TDs and 1FG a game.

So really type of game that is serious in doubt are ones where the opponent jumps out big early and keeps scoring.  But who is left that is going to do that?

I don’t even think Dallas is going to score that much.  Patriots are basically the Bills in style these days.  Only the Ravens and that is only 1 game.

This seasons schedule has been the gift Bills and the Mafia have been waiting 2 decades for.

10%

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Rest of Season/Making Playoffs - 10% Concerned.

Think about yesterday...Bills Offense didn’t score a TD until 3rd Quarter and the game never felt in danger of being lost.  THAT is the safety net this defense provides.  It cannot be stated enough how much cushion the Defense gives this offense to only average around 2TDs and 1FG a game.

So really type of game that is serious in doubt are ones where the opponent jumps out big early and keeps scoring.  But who is left that is going to do that?

I don’t even think Dallas is going to score that much.  Patriots are basically the Bills in style these days.  Only the Ravens and that is only 1 game.

This seasons schedule has been the gift Bills and the Mafia have been waiting 2 decades for.

10%

So that would make you a 1!

Excellent! Go out and sack Persia, great Khan!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel weirdly confident about the Cowboys and Ravens games, and weirdly terrified of the Steelers and Jets games.

Im in the same boat, except my level is about a 4-5.  It's consistency that is the issue with me. I still think the Bills play to the level of their competition. They get conservative with a lead and put too much pressure on the defense. Against Dallas, Baltimore and a healthy Jets team, the offense needs to play fearless and they need to clamp it down on defense. My concern is the run game getting gashed.  Steelers and NE it's the opposite. I think the defense can hold them in check, but the offense needs to play its best games against these tough defenses. 

5, could go 7 but 5 seems more realistic with the remaining 5 games which I may say is not going to be any picnic, biggest challenge this young team will face thus far. it's not so much a confidence or concern deal as much as it's a reality that in order to continue to grow it could take a hard loss or two from the real contenders, like baltimore, ne** or even the cowgirls. so 5 based off that I really expect them to win the steelers, jets and possibly the cowgirls games but ne** and baltimore will be a tough out?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2. I am confident they will beat Dallas, Steelers, and the Jets. I think they will play well against NE and BAL and at the end of the season people will have some true belief Buffalo has turned the corner and Allen is the guy. I have a weird confidence with this group and they seem to be hitting stride when they need to. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat NE or BAL compared to many. My only concern is injury related because those happen.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

image.png.e1ffcd16a1c6df1cf77c0372766ff136.png

Between 3 to 5.  Dallas has a very good OL and RB.  NE being NE.  Poor recent History with the Steelers.  I think our last win against them was in 1992.  Refs.  I would like to see a several game trend with the recent improvements.  Consistent 350 plus yards of offensive production.  21 or more points consistently scored.

• Like (+1) 1