Auto Zone: Emasculation Station

Gugny

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

If you can't change a wiper blade - do you really think you should tackle this?

I think he was just hoping KD in CA would drop by, do the job and he could buy him off with a few beers after it was all done. It went unsaid, but I sensed the seed being planted..... that Gug’s is crafty, I tell you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Figuratively speaking, of course.

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

I guess you missed the part where she was expecting you to offer to go for test drive to make sure and her say "Sorry can't, I am work." and you to reply "What time do you get off?"  Now you know why she was perturbed.

36 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah...even for someone who doesn't know a ton about cars that one was pretty obvious.  

What were they made out of platinum and filled with a rare earth element for the gas charge. Holy smokes!

Yet... Some of those bastages... Struts for hoods, hatches can run steep $$$$. I take you got them $50/piece... Times 2. Or $50 for the set?

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Your problem seems obvious to me: you tried! ?

I get my wipers changed when I take my car to a professional for an oil change, get a required emissions test, etc. There are actually people out there who know how to do that stuff! 

Who changes your light bulbs for you?

Edited by SinceThe70s

5 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Who changes your light bulbs?

Well, the Light Bulb Changer, of course! We get an 8 hour turnaround, but they are very thorough! They get that bulb turned in tight! 

Never in my wildest dreams would I change my own oil. I could change a tire, but why waste what we spend on AAA every year? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What were they made out of platinum and filled with a rare earth element for the gas charge. Holy smokes!

Yet... Some of those bastages... Struts for hoods, hatches can run steep $$$$. I take you got them $50/piece... Times 2. Or $50 for the set?

I get it....these guys are all busy and there's a minimum cost to processing the car, putting on the schedule, moving it around, going out to get the part, blah, blah, blah.   So that's the cost of having your ***** magically fixed by someone else and picking it up all fresh and new on the way home.

Sometimes I wish I contributed less to the local economy than I do, but I'm pretty much sunk at this point with a wife and 3 kids!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Figuratively speaking, of course.

It's fairly well known that I drive a muscle car.  To be specific, I drive a 2015 Nissan Versa Note.  It rocks 109 horsepower.  Watch out.

I bought new wiper blades on Saturday.  Brought them home and got the driver's side one on with little issue.  I mistakenly snapped the wrong adapter into the passenger side one and could not get it out.  I put it aside.  After having to remove the entire wiper arm from the car, I finally got the rear wiper changed.

Went to Auto Zone to try and exchange the passenger side.  Dude behind the counter was able to get the incorrect adapter out and snap the correct one in.  It was raining fairly heavily, but I told the guy I wanted to make sure it would go on.  So I ran out, popped the old one off (again) and could NOT, for the life of me, get the goddamn new one on.

I go back in and say I'm really sorry, but I can't get the damn thing on.

Woman behind the counter comes out and takes the wiper blade from me (not rudely) and says, "this is for the rear window, right?"  I said, "no ... passenger side."  She laughs and says, "Ha!  What kind of car do you drive?  It must be tiny!!"

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

But to be honest ... I can't blame her one bit!

This is why you’re the bottom 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My wife knows more about cars than I do. Mostly growing up with a dad who's obsessed with cars. I don't see any shame in it, honestly. I know how to jump a battery, change a tire, check my oil. That's about it. Her and her dad went to see Ford vs. Ferrarri. I went to see Rambo at the dollar theater next door. They both told me I'd be bored out of my mind for 90% of it.

Weird thing is, I'm not that into video games but I love car racing games. But don't care much for the ones that you have to build your own car. I just want to race. 

Was she in My Cousin Vinny?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude, changing the battery on many cars no is no joke. My went dead in 16 Tahoe..watched the dude at autozone put it in..just the geometry of the perfect angle to get that sucker to fit in would have taken me an hour.

In old cars it was a breeze (just picturing my old Jeep YJ and all the room around the battery to get to it)

Today's cars have the battery hurried under so much stuff it's almost impossible to do in a parking lot. I've seen some where you almost have to take the fender off to access the area.....

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm not on the look out for a woman but if I were there are some attractive women working at auto parts stores.  They drive full sized extended cab pickups and no doubt know how to tail gate.  They are probably pretty good with a chamois cloth as well and would fight you to cut the lawn with your new John Deere mower.

Is this the chorus to a really bad country song?...

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is this the chorus to a really bad country song?...

Nah.  They use words like gal and filly to describe women.  Just saying that they are not a bad way to go unless you have to have lawyers or executives to cohabitate with.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

?

giphy.gif

Marisa can change my oil anytime.