Why I like the Bills having a short week against the Boys

BisonMan

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The refs could go either way.  They were clearly in the Cheats pocket with those phantom tripping calls.  I could see them trying to make it up to the 'girls by screwing us.  

I'm afraid of that also.  Big, super TV market vs. 52nd market in the country.  The Cowboys have to win to be somewhat relevant!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Nobody likes a short week before going on the road. The Bills have to travel to Dallas for Thursday but, I think, that may be a good thing.

Dallas is a good team, but also a "normal" team. By that, I mean that Dallas' offensive and defensive schemes are not out of the ordinary. Neither team will put in much in the way of new exotic schemes/formations because they just don't have the time. The Bills' defensive scheme should serve them well as it isn't considered exotic or adjusted much game to game.

But really, I'm looking beyond Dallas because the next team we face is very exotic. No other team has an offense like the Ravens. This takes time to prepare for and to scheme against. Those extra few days of prep after Thursday will give the Bills' defense an advantage that other teams didn't have against the Ravens. This could lead to an upset. #fingerscrossed

We see this in college football where teams like my alma mater (Georgia Tech) had an exotic run-based offense (triple option) that helps them win or outperform during the regular season against "better" teams. But, once the schedule stretches out late in the season and for bowl games, they get slaughtered because teams are prepared.

Let's hope those extra days help the Bills' defense against the Ravens' college offense.

The Ravens look more old school than college to me.