Why I like the Bills having a short week against the Boys

BisonMan

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the Ravens are the last team i want to have 10 days to prepare for. 

Im of the notion that even with 50 days to prepare we will get absolutely stomped by the Ravens.

Rather use the 10 days on a more winnable game. 

Do you think the league would get mad if we just stayed home and tried to get ready for the next game???

I don’t think there is a team in the NFL that we can’t beat if we play a good, solid game and get a couple breaks. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can still see that decrepit old cryptkeeper's face in the booth when they beat us on that MNF field goal game. He's a goddamn football ghoul.

Stick it to the boys. If we go in and beat them on Thanksgiving the way they are now...their whole franchise will be in  tailspin, Garrett ain't clapping his way to an extension. Crapping in Jerrie's cranberry sauce would make me very THANKful.

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Those ‘trips’ were an absolute joke.

Overall, I had been pleased with the officiating the last couple of weeks but those were just horrendous. I hope we don’t have that group for Thanksgiving.  

https://www.footballzebras.com/2019/11/week-13-referee-assignments-2019/

Bears at Lions, 12:30 p.m.  FOX  —  Jerome Boger
Bills at Cowboys, 4:30 p.m.  CBS  —  Bill Vinovich
Saints at Falcons, 8:20 p.m.  NBC  —  Shawn Smith

32 minutes ago, T&C said:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2019/11/week-13-referee-assignments-2019/

Bears at Lions, 12:30 p.m.  FOX  —  Jerome Boger
Bills at Cowboys, 4:30 p.m.  CBS  —  Bill Vinovich
Saints at Falcons, 8:20 p.m.  NBC  —  Shawn Smith

Thanks!

I don't know about Vinovich, but glad we didn't get Boger. His crews seems to be flag happy.  Any idea about the broadcast team, maybe we can get Romo?

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Thanks!

I don't know about Vinovich, but glad we didn't get Boger. His crews seems to be flag happy.  Any idea about the broadcast team, maybe we can get Romo?

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson 

2 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Thanks!

I believe we have Romo/Nantz, yes.

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you think the league would get mad if we just stayed home and tried to get ready for the next game???

I don’t think there is a team in the NFL that we can’t beat if we play a good, solid game and get a couple breaks. 

?.. Nah, I think they’d understand -what with it being a non-conference game n’ all..

Lets Do It!?

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

So maybe understand that about yourself and think twice about whether or not your concerns are based in facts or are a product of your ultra-productive worry glands. 

Like, i have a similar type issue. I'm ultra powerful and strong. I have to watch myself in crowded situations because one false move and i can amputate limbs with a karate chop. 

So sometimes i just stay home. 

You can choose to "stay home" in the sense that you don't post every time you start thinkin' like a scaredy cat. 

The Chargers successfully neutralized Jackson and the Ravens last year.  They used seven defensive backs (who could tackle) and no linebackers.  

If I were the Bills, I'd dare convention and try it.  The Ravens smoke the conventional 4-3-4 configuration.  Have to take the slower linebackers off the chess board.  

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?.. Nah, I think they’d understand -what with it being a non-conference game n’ all..

Lets Do It!?

OK, I’m in as long as it doesn’t affect our Comp picks. Always the deciding factor when it comes to a coin toss situation. Of course, they’ll also lose hotel points, but comp picks are at the top of the list! 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t like playing desperate teams. This is the 2nd time this year that we played an NFC East team in a must win scenario. As easy as the schedule has been it’s tough playing teams that absolutely have to win the game. That’s the case here

I agree. However, the Bills seem to have come into their own recently on the O side, particularly this past week against the 4th best D in the league. Including the O and D lines. 

I am truly hoping this team can continue down this path (I’m also glad Josh got the INT out of the way that we all knew was coming)and continue on these game by game progressions. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is going to be a game that Allen has to win.  They will put up points at home. Allen will need to score 20 +. And if he does and the Bills play well, they will get all the love in the world. 

Our D shut the Pats down last time and I believe we can do the same against Zak and Elliott as long as our D plays as it has been playing. On top of that, should Josh continue his progression, all should be well. ? 

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I agree. However, the Bills seem to have come into their own recently on the O side, particularly this past week against the 4th best D in the league. Including the O and D lines. 

I am truly hoping this team can continue down this path (I’m also glad Josh got the INT out of the way that we all knew was coming)and continue on these game by game progressions. 

Our D shut the Pats down last time and I believe we can do the same against Zak and Elliott as long as our D plays as it has been playing. On top of that, should Josh continue his progression, all should be well. ? 

It’s weird to say it but Dallas is much more talented than NE on offense.  I believe White will take away Cooper but I bet they pound us with the Ewok.  

13 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

With any Thursday game, both teams normally have to deal with the short week, so it's really not a disadvantage.  The post Thursday "mini-bye" is a very real advantage though.  

Obviously you don’t want to lose any game but next week’s Ravens game is much bigger.  That long rest for the Bills could be huge for them.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird to say it but Dallas is much more talented than NE on offense.  I believe White will take away Cooper but I bet they pound us with the Ewok.  

Not sure who the ‘Ewok’ is but I believe in this D.  They are sound now. 

Should we be able to keep Elliott in check and control Cooper (I believe Trey can...and that Cooper should be on our team next year!), we will win. Their D has enough openings to allow for it. 

I remain hopeful. 

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Not sure who the ‘Ewok’ is but I believe in this D.  They are sound now. 

Should we be able to keep Elliott in check and control Cooper (I believe Trey can...and that Cooper should be on our team next year!), we will win. Their D has enough openings to allow for it. 

I remain hopeful. 

Regardless of what we are lead to believe...the Bills will go in and win this game. The Bills are are a selfless group and they have allowed themselves to suspend all extraneous bs. They are are a conditioned group oblivious to hype. The Bills win, I guarantee it. They have nothing to lose...they go in and just do not care. They just do their jobs.

Edited by Rocket94

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Seriously, I expect around 8-10 penalties called against us costing us 100 yards or so.  At least one offensive holding call on a 3rd down conversion to put us at 3rd and long.  One defensive pass interference call to give the Cowboys a key 3rd down conversion.  I hope that I am wrong but this is what I fear.

Am I reading this correctly?  Is Josh Allen #1 in the league on completions for a 1st down per attempt on 3rd and 8+?

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=047&type=Passing&year=

6 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the Ravens are the last team i want to have 10 days to prepare for. 

Im of the notion that even with 50 days to prepare we will get absolutely stomped by the Ravens.

Rather use the 10 days on a more winnable game. 

Im honestly not scared of the Ravens.  If they can contain Lamar then they are beatable.

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, BisonMan said:

But really, I'm looking beyond Dallas because the next team we face is very exotic. No other team has an offense like the Ravens. This takes time to prepare for and to scheme against. Those extra few days of prep after Thursday will give the Bills' defense an advantage that other teams didn't have against the Ravens. This could lead to an upset. #fingerscrossed

E Wood made exactly this point today on One Bills Live. He said that's the upside to the Thursday games, and why he didn't mind them so much as a player. You then get extra time to prepare and heal up for the next game. No, nobody in that locker room is looking past Dallass, but the fact of the matter is, we've got one spicy meatball of an offense to face on Dec. 8, so thank goodness we've got them at home, and we've got extra time to get ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is going to be a game that Allen has to win.  They will put up points at home. Allen will need to score 20 +. And if he does and the Bills play well, they will get all the love in the world. 

Or... they will continue to say we beat up a mediocre team that hasn't beaten anybody with a winning record.