Why I like the Bills having a short week against the Boys

BisonMan

Just now, Codyny13 said:

A lot of people drawing up losses , waiting for the other shoe to drop. We are so jaded as a fan base it’s really tough to tolerate some days. Some of the upcoming games are against teams that are better than us, we might lose, but we are a good enough team to hang with and possibly beat any of them. We have a good shot this Thursday, looking forward to watching this team fight to win in Jerry world. Go Bills.

I think the Bills will hang with every opponent except maybe Baltimore. I have felt since before the season their style was just a bad match up against us. Wouldn't surprise if that was a 2 or 3 score loss. Think every other game is at worst a 1 score defeat. And the closer we get to Dallas the more I feel like we can win that game. 

Another point regarding the Cowboys game- I saw somewhere (maybe Cover1) that was drawing a correlation between our Offensive success and the reduced plays, packages, and overall details of the offense... As in, not getting in our own way trying to be cute. That is something I've been asking for all season, and now it's seemingly working... That being said, a short week all but demands that kind of thing as we can't write in too much cuteness in the game plan. 

One thing I'd like us to revisit though is the TE sweep to Knox. might be good against the LB's of the Cowboys- keep em guessing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Bills will hang with every opponent except maybe Baltimore. I have felt since before the season their style was just a bad match up against us. Wouldn't surprise if that was a 2 or 3 score loss. Think every other game is at worst a 1 score defeat. And the closer we get to Dallas the more I feel like we can win that game. 

I think Baltimore is our toughest game as well, it’s the game I have the most trepidation about for sure. Over the holiday break I plan to watch the tape of their losses to see what happened there. Hoping to see something that we can expose.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Cowboys did get screwed by the refs in that game yesterday, and the league is undoubtedly highly aware of this. 

I even noticed a ref stepped on their punters hand when he was on the bottom of the pile after the blocked punt. 

37 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the Ravens are the last team i want to have 10 days to prepare for. 

Im of the notion that even with 50 days to prepare we will get absolutely stomped by the Ravens.

Rather use the 10 days on a more winnable game. 

You were awfully worried THIS week, too. So there's that.

Something else I thought of last night... It may mean absolutely nothing. 

But I saw a quote from Coach McDermott that said, basically "I'm going to get a bite to eat and change clothes and get to work on Dallas". Conveniently, the Bills were at home in an early time slot yesterday, where the coaching staff could literally go down to their offices after the postgame press conferences and get to work with it being a short week. Dallas had to play on the road, in the later time slot. Which means that after their 4 hour flight back home, it was probably 2:00 am. Bills coaching staff already had a head start on them. 

Again, it could mean absolutely nothing. But i feel like every minute counts in these short weeks.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Honestly it comes down to this for me: We have put enough good football on tape from all three phases of our team throughout the season that tells me we can beat any team left on our schedule. Josh's game against the Dolphins + the Defenses game against the Patriots and we beat the Ravens. That being said, the exact opposite can be said as well, unfortunately. It's a crazy season and we've seen McD coached teams win games that they shouldn't (while losing games they shouldn't). 

All that to say, I don't think it's blind homerism to say we actually have a chance in these games. I'm almost at a point where I'd be disappointed if we do lose to Dallas as they really haven't done anything this year. But I am cautiously optimistic. I said after the Browns game that I saw it as a turning point, and I envisioned our Offense coming to life down the stretch. So far that was right, I'm excited to see if it continues. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Good points. 

Plus, Cowboys had a tough game on the road, Bills had a relatively easy win at home.  

Set up about as well as it could be.  

That could play against the Bills. They could come out angry and wanting to punch the bills hard in the mouth, especially at home.

i don’t see how the Bills win against the Ravens anyways, your biggest weakness on D is their biggest strength.. running the football.  I hope I’m wrong because I’d like see the Bills beat the Ravens.. give everyone a good blue print how to do it.. 

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Im of the notion that even with 50 days to prepare we will get absolutely stomped by the Ravens.

Thats the spirit

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

That’s the spirit! Rah rah rah...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

I think Baltimore is our toughest game as well, it’s the game I have the most trepidation about for sure. Over the holiday break I plan to watch the tape of their losses to see what happened there. Hoping to see something that we can expose.

Make sure you reach out to the FO and present them your findings.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

You aint wrong bruv.

So maybe understand that about yourself and think twice about whether or not your concerns are based in facts or are a product of your ultra-productive worry glands. 

Like, i have a similar type issue. I'm ultra powerful and strong. I have to watch myself in crowded situations because one false move and i can amputate limbs with a karate chop. 

So sometimes i just stay home. 

You can choose to "stay home" in the sense that you don't post every time you start thinkin' like a scaredy cat. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Something else I thought of last night... It may mean absolutely nothing. 

But I saw a quote from Coach McDermott that said, basically "I'm going to get a bite to eat and change clothes and get to work on Dallas". Conveniently, the Bills were at home in an early time slot yesterday, where the coaching staff could literally go down to their offices after the postgame press conferences and get to work with it being a short week. Dallas had to play on the road, in the later time slot. Which means that after their 4 hour flight back home, it was probably 2:00 am. Bills coaching staff already had a head start on them. 

Again, it could mean absolutely nothing. But i feel like every minute counts in these short weeks.

Great point!.  You're 100% correct.  Every minute does count and McD is definitely aware of that.  On this short week, I really do think that we're in a better position than them. 

I would have thought that we'd benefit from more prep time. I trust McD to out coach Garrett if given the opportunity. But that's not what this game is about. Dallas has a big, bruising offensive line similar to Philly. We can win if we stop the run game. This isn't an ideal match up for our defense. 

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

So maybe understand that about yourself and think twice about whether or not your concerns are based in facts or are a product of your ultra-productive worry glands. 

Like, i have a similar type issue. I'm ultra powerful and strong. I have to watch myself in crowded situations because one false move and i can amputate limbs with a karate chop. 

So sometimes i just stay home. 

You can choose to "stay home" in the sense that you don't post every time you start thinkin' like a scaredy cat. 

I certainly will stay at home now for fear of karate chops from random incredibly powerful guy.

Id rest easy if wed have beat any of the tough teams this year.