Josh Allen: Stats Through 11 Games (2018 vs. 2019)

Gugny

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s obvious there has been some solid improvement. I do think context of the opponents does matter.  If someone could get the defensive rankings (or DVOA) of this years and last years opponents, it would be great to compare.

hopefully, he is legit growing into being a franchise qb.  But I think Bears fans got tricked by Mitchell last year and it was pretty clear he benefited from a soft schedule.  

I don't need to see stats to watch Josh Allen and see a completely different QB in 2018.  Last year was deep throws and wild scrambles.  This year is a 10-20 yard precision passing game, controlled runs, and poise in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills92 said:

The stats show the progress and reflects the 'eye test' that Josh has been passing in most games this (New England game excluded) year

With that said, I believe it is interesting that his overall yardage production is pretty much the same year over year.

I believe this speaks to something that has not been talked about very often - but the running game is much improved year over year from the OL (Much talked about).. but the upgrade this years duo of Motor and Gore is a significant improvement of Shady and Ivory.

He is getting those yards differently this year. Last year it was deep balls and running. This year it is bread and butter plays that he was bad at last year and running

24 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't need to see stats to watch Josh Allen and see a completely different QB in 2018.  Last year was deep throws and wild scrambles.  This year is a 10-20 yard precision passing game, controlled runs, and poise in the pocket.

I wrote my post below yours before I read yours haha

• Like (+1) 1

There are a lot of people who love Josh, some who don't. He's got strengths, he's got weaknesses.  But what I think is indisputable is that at WORST,  Beane drafted a QB who is

1. a hard worker

2. a leader

3. strong physically and mentally

4. mobile

5. intelligent

and most importantly

6. a qb we can win with

I think on draft night 2 years ago, pretty much everyone would have signed on to that

Those are very encouraging numbers and I really hope they continue to trend in the right direction. Even though I have been pretty hard on the kid I love him to death as a leader and pray that he really will be the guy. I can't wait to see how everything shakes out after the next 4 games and hope these teams on the horizon don't blow everything up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

There are a lot of people who love Josh, some who don't. He's got strengths, he's got weaknesses.  But what I think is indisputable is that at WORST,  Beane drafted a QB who is

1. a hard worker

2. a leader

3. strong physically and mentally

4. mobile

5. intelligent

and most importantly

6. a qb we can win with

I think on draft night 2 years ago, pretty much everyone would have signed on to that

Not me .. I wanted Rosen. A QB that was the most pro-ready with a reasonable ceiling and a high floor .. how was I supposed to know the high floor was a basement. Just wait till he goes to his third team .. then he will show everyone ..... :)

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Why would progress be measured on one game or one opponent?

And I'm pretty sure we almost beat the Pats*.  He had a bad game, sure.  It happens.  Have you seen New England's defense?

Because the division and the conference goes through New England.  We essentially start the season 0-2 every year because we cannot beat the Patriots.  It also means there will never be a home playoff game until we start to beat the Pats.

2 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

Because the division and the conference goes through New England.  We essentially start the season 0-2 every year because we cannot beat the Patriots.  It also means there will never be a home playoff game until we start to beat the Pats.

We'll beat them in NE in a few weeks.  Don't worry about it.

What's odd is that if you listen to the national guys on the radio discuss the Bills and Allen, they still talk about him like he sucks and that he's the weak link holding us back.  We'd be nothing without Josh's playmaking abilities with his legs AND arm.  I really hope he plays well on Thursday, so he can start getting the respect that he deserves.

2 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I think if Daboll was in the booth from the beginning of the year we'd be talking about Josh in the MVP discussion.  The offense has looked great the past couple of weeks and Josh, while improving each week has looked really great the past 2 weeks in particular.

Brave prediction but Wait and see how he does against these teams coming up. Cowboys, ravens, steelers, patriots. 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

What's odd is that if you listen to the national guys on the radio discuss the Bills and Allen, they still talk about him like he sucks and that he's the weak link holding us back.  We'd be nothing without Josh's playmaking abilities with his legs AND arm.  I really hope he plays well on Thursday, so he can start getting the respect that he deserves.

I don't listen to a ton of Sports Radio, but I do listen to Golic/Wingo on the way to work.  Golic Jr, and Wingo are the only two national-level personalities that I've noticed are still clinging on to the "I still don't believe in Allen, yet," belief.

For the past few weeks, especially last week and this week, he's getting tons of love and respect from the CBS and FOX crews.

I think he's getting the right amount of overall respect, from what I can hear.  He's definitely made improvements (a lot of them), but I can still see how some aren't completely buying in, yet.

• Like (+1) 1