Steelers game is key to Bills making the playoffs

Big Turk

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Lets beat the Cowboys! 1 game at a time but I hear what you are saying.

We are not the players - that's how THEY need to think.  ^^^

We are fans - outsiders - we get to look ahead.

57 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Win the next two and the Steelers game doesn’t matter, other than for an outside shot at the division title if the pats drop a game or two plus lose to us down the stretch. 

Sure - but the odds of that are near-zero, so [fans] looking ahead to the Steelers game is sensible.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I don't know man...Cowboys are coming home on Thanksgiving after laying an egg against the Patriots with the owner blasting the coaching staff...with the #1 offense in the NFL and a pretty good D?  

I think this could have blowout loss written all over it for the Bills.  I do think if the Bills keep it close they win the game. I believe that McD is a better coach than Garrett but Dallas should win this game.

Dallas should win the game for sure.  If we win, I will feel much much better about the Bills, and I already feel good.  It's just hard to play at Dallas on Thanksgiving when they just lost a game they should have won.  That said, I can see us winning it if we commit to the run game again (keep Dallas O off field) and have Allen hit nice timing routed.  On D, Milano and Edmunds must have good games.  

22 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

We are not the players - that's how THEY need to think.  ^^^

We are fans - outsiders - we get to look ahead.

Sure - but the odds of that are near-zero, so [fans] looking ahead to the Steelers game is sensible.

Sure - lookin ahead is fine if thats your logic- personally I think we can beat Dallas and make a statement. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree but I say once more - if we can not defeat a legit top team during the regular season, what is the point of "making the playoffs"?

Just so we can say "One and Done"?

I’d rather defeat a top tier team IN the playoffs, however we get is of no concern to me, just win baby.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree but I say once more - if we can not defeat a legit top team during the regular season, what is the point of "making the playoffs"?

Just so we can say "One and Done"?

Rodney Harrison said that last night and a lot of Bills fans got upset. However, it's the most likely scenario.

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Neither team has beaten anyone of note but dallas did beat the eagles who absolutely torched us with zone runs? 

And they lost to the Jets.

I'm not scared of the Boys.  They look very beatable to me.  They are 6-5 like Tennessee that we beat.

If our D plays like they can and our O turns in a performance like Sunday, we got this.

Cheats** look beatable as definitely does Pitt.

Enough with the doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, RoboTronic said:

Rodney Harrison said that last night and a lot of Bills fans got upset. However, it's the most likely scenario.

Harrison is a toolbox. While the home team is always going to be favored in a WC game, likely is far from a slam dunk. Road teams win playoff games every year, especially in the WC round. The point in making the playoffs is you have to be in it to win it. The team is not yet complete, but moving in the right direction. Making declarations before even knowing the matchup, injuries etc is just Harrison being a classic ex -Pat D bag as always. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Harrison is a toolbox. While the home team is always going to be favored in a WC game, likely is far from a slam dunk. Road teams win playoff games every year, especially in the WC round. The point in making the playoffs is you have to be in it to win it. The team is not yet complete, but moving in the right direction. Making declarations before even knowing the matchup, injuries etc is just Harrison being a classic ex -Pat D bag as always. 

That's not the point, the point is that if the Bills go 10-6 and never beat a team with a winning record all season, the likelihood is very high that they are a one and done team. The national media views the Bills as pretenders.

5 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

That's not the point, the point is that if the Bills go 10-6 and never beat a team with a winning record all season, the likelihood is very high that they are a one and done team. The national media views the Bills as pretenders.

Personally I won't be upset if the Bills DO go one-and-done. I mean, I would obviously rather that they win a playoff game, but....

Getting some experience in a playoff game would be huge for all the youngsters on the Bills squad. It would be a wonderful stepping stone on the path to sustained success that they're building. Furthermore, it would instill confidence in the team that they are capable of making the playoffs, and a simple thing like confidence can do wonders in the seasons to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

So what ? These media types on their soapboxes have zero impact on the game, nor do their prognostications. The Bills can only play their schedule, and games that took place earlier in the year against other teams with different matchups don’t mean anything. A playoff game is a single event , and they only have to be the better team that day. Upsets happen every week in the NFL. I’m not sure what the possibility of losing the playoff game has to do with anything. You have to be in the game in the first place to be able to win it. No potential wildcard game would be un-winnable for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

So what ? These media types on their soapboxes have zero impact on the game, nor do their prognostications. The Bills can only play their schedule, and games that took place earlier in the year against other teams with different matchups don’t mean anything. A playoff game is a single event , and they only have to be the better team that day. Upsets happen every week in the NFL. I’m not sure what the possibility of losing the playoff game has to do with anything. You have to be in the game in the first place to be able to win it. No potential wildcard game would be un-winnable for the Bills. 

Yes, the Bills can only play the teams on the schedule, but the teams they lost too have a higher level of talent than the teams they have beaten, that's the critical point.  And the next 3 of 4 games are teams that have a higher level of talent.

5 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Of course it’s sensible to discuss the Steelers, because it’s correct to say that as it sits today that’s the single most important game remaining for our wild card chances. Still, it’s also correct that’s there’s 2 games before that which would make the Steelers game essentially moot if they were both wins. It’s definitely a long shot, but I don’t think the odds are near enough to 0 that it’s not worth discussing. If you figure the Bills have a 30-40% chance in each of the next two games, which I think is reasonable if not a bit conservative, that puts the odds of winning both at 9-16%.  

Just now, RoboTronic said:

Yes, the Bills can only play the teams on the schedule, but the teams they lost too have a higher level of talent than the teams they have beaten, that's the critical point.  And the next 3 of 4 games are teams that have a higher level of talent.

They have, and so would a likely WC opponent, but not by a lot.  Aside from the Eagles game ( in unusual weather conditions) that got away from them late, those losses were close and decided by just a few plays that could have gone differently. If the Bills were blown out in all those games, it would be more of an indictment. It could very well be that the Bills need to beat the Steelers on the road and the Jets in week 17 to secure a WC berth. Their stacking of wins vs teams they should beat ( which many past Bills teams didn’t do) gives them that luxury. Many other WC contenders left themselves little room for error.

• Awesome! (+1) 1