We crushed it at the trade deadline this year!!! By doing nothing at all...

Hebert19

Why you ask?  Because since deadline we have a new team basically.  It's almost like all positions are improving....

-Milano and Edmund's have looked much better last few weeks. 

- Kevin johnson > Levi

-Taron johnson back into form 

-Defensive line has started to gel.  Figuring out the run D.   Getting some sacks...even star playing decent. 

- On offense both brown and beasley are now catching TDs more regularly.  

- OLINE has finally come together and are mauling people 

- Josh looks great 

- Singletary starting to break out.  

Funny enough by doing nothing we are really starting to gel as a team...and looking better week by week.  

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Why you ask?  Because since deadline we have a new team basically.  It's almost like all positions are improving....

- Kevin johnson > Levi

-Defensive line has started to gel.  Figuring out the run D.   Getting some sacks...even star playing decent. 

- Josh looks great 

Funny enough by doing nothing we are really starting to gel as a team...and looking better week by week.  

Its not funny, its the course they've set;  draft well, draft quality people, coach em up and then re sign their own, the better ones.   Fill in with quality people in FA. 

if you stick with it, it starts paying off eventually. 

It's all a process. takes time.   eg. Cody Ford, Harrison Phillips could be pro bowlers in 2 years, not this year, not next year.   Josh Allen could be a pro bowler, not this year, not next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

- Kevin johnson > Levi

- Josh looks great 

Just my 2 cents (a bit of shade) 

I believe it was the perception of some fans that thought many of the Bills players SUCK and that had tainted their minds.  

besides   PT already said it 

5 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Its not funny, its the course they've set;  draft well, draft quality people, coach em up and then re sign their own, the better ones.   Fill in with quality people in FA. 

if you stick with it, it starts paying off eventually. 

It's all a process. takes time.   eg. Cody Ford, Harrison Phillips could be pro bowlers in 2 years, not this year, not next year.   Josh Allen could be a pro bowler, not this year, not next year. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

20 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

- Kevin johnson > Levi

- Josh looks great 

I do appreciate your enthusiasm but I don't think that we won by not doing anything. We've been lucky that the injury bug hasn't bit us too hard but another receiver at the trade deadline would've been great. However, i'm glad they didn't go and overspend for one which is probably what it would've taken to get a decent/difference maker receiver.

At the beginning of the year given all the new faces they brought in i thought that it would take a while to get all those pieces in sync & was hoping that by the half way point of the year we all would see a big change in the way the team was playing .

I think that could be more a part of this than not doing anything before the trade deadline ! Beans & McD know what they are doing & with this team being as young as it is then the over all change in personal it's all staring to come together the chemistry between the players & the comfort knowing their team mates have their back .

I hope it continues ! I think the Bills could do a lot of damage in the later parts of this season because all the so called "experts" think we area fluke due to the schedule wouldn't it be awesome to have them in the SB this year that would shut them all up !! 

Go Bills !!

Like many of us said at the trade deadline... 

there just weren't many options that could significantly help our team down the stretch.

Everybody wants a receiver.  But it's hard to support giving up a Day 1-2 draft pick for any of the guys supposedly on the trade block.

Lots of people were pushing for AJ Green, but it's looking extremely unlikely that he will even play in 2019.  And then he's a a free agent anyway.

The thing I like about this regime (both coaches and front office), is that they seem to learn from their mistakes.

A few years ago, they jumped on the Kelvin Benjamin deal - and it was probably the worst move they've made in the last 3 seasons.  So now they are being more careful in trading resources for the discarded junk from other teams.

Since prior to the Week 1, it was always about the team improving as the year went on.  It appears they're trending in the right direction.  Come playoffs they'll have to be better than they are today.  The next few weeks will be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

- Kevin johnson > Levi

- Josh looks great 

I think there's no question that adding a player like Kenyon Drake or Emmanuel Sanders would have made the team significantly better, so I can't quite agree with the "crushed it" thing.  And a 3rd+4th round pick is not at all too much for Sanders.  On the other hand, the Dolphins probably wouldn't have traded Drake to us, and it's also possible the Broncos weren't interested in trading within the AFC to a team they're about to play in a few weeks.

I can't quarrel with the lack of additions either, but I think it's a stretch to say "crushed it"

- Kevin johnson > Levi

- Josh looks great 

Amazing isn't it.  That's why people who post on message boards don't run NFL teams.  They want instant success and panic when a rookie isn't voted all pro by week 2.

- Kevin johnson > Levi

- Josh looks great 

No, they've just played garbage teams...not improving the team will cost them a wild card win in the playoffs.