Denver Post: Shaq Lawson confronts Connor McGovern on the field after Bills’ blowout of Broncos

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This isn’t a ringing endorsement as a McD process kinda guy. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach re-signing him

This^^ not impressing his boss so much with that level of behavior, frankly, doesn’t matter what was said during the game, he made himself look like an azs, jmo.

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Where did I say that I’m concerned? I’m saying that this isn’t how McDermott’s guys typically act. Shaq talks a lot of trash and got into a fight last year. Just play the game and shut the hell up especially after the game (and after you win)

I’m sure Sean quickly praised Shaq In the locker room for talking trash after the game

In that fight last year Fournette threw a punch at Shaq. Oh, it's on after that.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This^^ not impressing his boss so much with that level of behavior, frankly, doesn’t matter what was said during the game, he made himself look like an azs.  

Really? In today's NFL, guys celebrate sacks with chest pounding celebrations often when down by 21 points. When you see the mic'd up segments the players are frequently talking back and forth. 

The only issue with Shaq's performance should be that his choreography channeled some alternate version of Irish step dancing, it was like watching a scene from  "Riverdance" with not an Irishman in sight. McDermott is likely furious or touched by the tribute. Maybe both. 

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

I understand what you are saying but it is no fun being bullied.

Where did I say that I’m concerned? I’m saying that this isn’t how McDermott’s guys typically act. Shaq talks a lot of trash and got into a fight last year. Just play the game and shut the hell up especially after the game (and after you win)

I’m sure Sean quickly praised Shaq In the locker room for talking trash after the game

What's wrong with telling a person to respect my game and my name?? A lot of the greats talk/talked smack during/after game. His smack talk didn't influence the game at all, I doubt he'll get disciplined/counciled for it

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This^^ not impressing his boss so much with that level of behavior, frankly, doesn’t matter what was said during the game, he made himself look like an azs, jmo.

IDK, McD (allegedly) rag-dolled a reporter. He probably gave Shaq an atta boy and a junk tap. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Really? In today's NFL, guys celebrate sacks with chest pounding celebrations often when down by 21 points. When you see the mic'd up segments the players are frequently talking back and forth. 

The only issue with Shaq's performance should be that his choreography channeled some alternate version of Irish step dancing, it was like watching a scene from  "Riverdance" with not an Irishman in sight. McDermott is likely furious or touched by the tribute. Maybe both. 

Like I said, jmo. He acted butt hurt, which is never a good look, especially after a win. I like your sense of humor, the river dance celebration was...., well..., as the French say, I do not know what...

I think it speaks volumes about Lawson that he is one of the only holdover draft picks from the Whaley era. He put his head down and has worked hard and its starting to really pay off. Dude has really come on this year and even when he isn't getting sacks has been noticeably disruptive.

I hope the Bills find a way to keep him but some team might be willing to overpay for him...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, stony said:

IDK, McD (allegedly) rag-dolled a reporter. He probably gave Shaq an atta boy and a junk tap. 

Different circumstances, acting all butt hurt after a win, now that’s pretty damn pathetic imo.

Shaq is a loose cannon. I’m sure he is the biggest trash talker of them all out there. But hey, I don’t mind his swag and bravado this year. The D probably needs someone like him right now and he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder. Will that act stand up 2-3 years from now? Probably not. But for now I’m ok with it as long as he doesn’t get 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalties 

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

It’s part of being a true competitor. He didn’t say anything obnoxious. It’s important to take a stand at times.

8 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

Talk smack get slapped.  Some of y’all seemed to have never played any sports....

They just weren’t good enough to teach others to shut their mouth!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Broncos-Bills-Football-copy.jpg?w=525

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — After the Bills demolished the Broncos 20-3 on Sunday, Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson didn’t leave the field without reminding Denver center Connor McGovern about the outcome.

Lawson, who had two sacks and two tackles for loss, found McGovern during the postgame handshake and confronted the offensive lineman.

“You’ll remember my name,” Lawson aggressively told McGovern as Bills center Mitch Morse stepped between the two. “I got two sacks on (you).”

Lawson later told Buffalo reporters that the Broncos were “talking junk” earlier in the game at New Era Field.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/25/bills-shaq-lawson-confronts-broncos-connor-mcgovern/

Some stuff about this in the GDT including links to a different article

Edit: if people think specific football topics touched on in the general GDT deserve a break out thread, that's probably fine.  It's the general multiple "my personal take on the Bills"  or "my personal take on Player A" threads without a lot of substance to the OP that we try to limit

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Meh. Doesn’t really matter, but I prefer to let winning do the talking. This just demonstrates that whatever he said on the field actually got under Shaq’s Skin.

Seems to have lit a fire under him. Whatever works, as long as you don’t swing helmets and play dirty. ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

Ehhh, probably wasn’t too quick, I’m sure he waited until after his speech and whatnot ?.  But honestly I’d wager the conversation went something like “way to play today Shaq, you showed restraint during the game. Now let’s just work on letting that trash talk roll off you like water off a ducks back”. Can we agree his actions are an improvement over previous years when he would have picked up a few personal fouls in game?

• Like (+1) 1

I haven’t seen anybody say they’re bothered by trash talking going on during the game. It’s the fact that it usually ends after the game is over unless you want to look like an amateur who’s never been there before by saying “I got 2 sacks on you!” 

It's not the you problem that is an issue. It's the when he brought McGovern's mother into the trash talking it didn't show much class.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it.  It was even family friendly.  No cussing, no punches. Just a friendly introduction to who he was?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

It's not the you problem that is an issue. It's the when he brought McGovern's mother into the trash talking it didn't show much class.

Interesting.  I didn't hear any yo mama references