Denver Post: Shaq Lawson confronts Connor McGovern on the field after Bills’ blowout of Broncos

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

really...2 sacks and 2 tackles for loss but you're concerned because he talked trash?

Where did I say that I’m concerned? I’m saying that this isn’t how McDermott’s guys typically act. Shaq talks a lot of trash and got into a fight last year. Just play the game and shut the hell up especially after the game (and after you win)

20 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

I see this the exact opposite of you.  This is the perfect example of a process guy.  Gets insults/smack talk thrown at you all game, proceed to play lights out and tally up some sacks with no penalties, call the chump out after them game.  This to me is how you want your players to react to on field taunts/jawing.  Ball out with no reaction/penalties between the lines and let him know post game that he’s a loser.  

I’m sure Sean quickly praised Shaq In the locker room for talking trash after the game

Edited by Shooter McGavin

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Cannot resign Shaq He is not trustworthy after he gets a big contract. He has shown his character over the last 4 years and this incident. Without the carrot of a big payday he would not be performing.

I'd agree, only because his price tag will be alot higher than we think. He'll test out free agency and games like this is why someone will pay him. However, we've seen how he takes games off, plays off, and cant consistently get pressure. Someone will pay him 10/yr and will be disappointed, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Putin said:

I hope we can figure out a way to keep Shaq 

, we still need a stud DE but I really like the contribution we’re getting and the player he’s becoming!!!

GO BILLS 

You don’t know what has been said , I’m pretty sure it was ugly if Shaq made a point to go and confront him after the game !!

Who cares!!! Be the bigger man. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

Don't woof and lose.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

there is trash talking going on during the entire game...if it bothers you that Bills players are doing it, I'm not sure what to tell you

I haven’t seen anybody say they’re bothered by trash talking going on during the game. It’s the fact that it usually ends after the game is over unless you want to look like an amateur who’s never been there before by saying “I got 2 sacks on you!” 

42 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'd agree, only because his price tag will be alot higher than we think. He'll test out free agency and games like this is why someone will pay him. However, we've seen how he takes games off, plays off, and cant consistently get pressure. Someone will pay him 10/yr and will be disappointed, IMO. 

I think you’re right that he will get paid more than he’s worth to us in free agency.  Edited to add: That’s not to say that he isn’t worth a nice contract, just that he plays a premium position and I expect some team to get stupid. 

Shaq has developed into the player that I thought he’d be when he was drafted though.  He’s a very good DE.  He sets the edge and plays the run well.  He can add a few sacks too, but that’s not his forte.  The expectations from a lot of fans were for a Mario-in-his-prime kind of player.  That was never going to be Lawson.  He’s not going to be a double digit sack guy.  He can be a very nice, productive piece to a defense as long as he’s not the guy they’re relying on to consistently pressure the QB. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

Happy Thanksgiving my man! Enjoy your turkey,......or are you having crow instead? Humble pie for dessert?

Edited by billsbackto81

38 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Where did I say that I’m concerned? I’m saying that this isn’t how McDermott’s guys typically act. Shaq talks a lot of trash and got into a fight last year. Just play the game and shut the hell up especially after the game (and after you win)

I’m sure Sean quickly praised Shaq In the locker room for talking trash after the game

“Just a phenomenal effort,’’ he (McDermott) said of Lawson’s game. “He brings a lot of energy to our team during the week. He’s one of those dogs in a good way. He likes to hunt and I love having him on our team. I think he’s one of our catalysts, a guy well respected for what he brings every day.’’

Said Hughes: “He forced his will today. That’s the Shaq we know.’’

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/11/24/buffalo-bills-shaq-lawson-says-denver-broncos-talking-trash-sacks-contract-year-sean-mcdermott/4290903002/

also from article:

“First of all, they were talking junk,’’ said Lawson after he pulled on a sweatshirt reading “Buffalo vs. Everybody.’’

“That’s my thing, I talk junk. You can’t out-junk me. I like that stuff. To start the game, I think it was No. 60 (center Connor McGovern), he goes ‘I haven’t remembered you since college.’ I said, ‘I bet I show you.’ ’’

I bet Lawson’s comeback line was a lot more colorful than that. You don’t start a war of one-liners with Rodney Dangerfield and get “I bet I show you.’’

• Like (+1) 2

Lawson’s first sack looked like a nature video.  He straight up stalked Brandon Allen like a tiger stalking a gazelle or whatever tigers eat.

Good to see Shaq finally taking more ownership over his career.  I’d like to see him re-upped because I don’t think he’s hit his ceiling yet - would also like to see his conditioning improve a bit.  You don’t see many edge rushers with straight up beer guts.  Spend less time at his alma mater and more time in the gym.  But he’s a high-energy player and his best attribute might be his wingspan - dude tips a lot of passes and when he doesn’t get a hand on them, he screws up the passing lanes, an underrated impact.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This isn’t a ringing endorsement as a McD process kinda guy. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach re-signing him

I Don't think it's that big of a deal. Coach will talk to him, if he hasn't already. If we don't re-sign him, this won't be the reason. Plus, someone else will scoop him up.