Put Down the Pitchforks (Specifically those sharpened for Cody Ford)

I know two things:

1) I will get flamed for saying this, on this board (sure: get your pitchforks ready, for me)

And 

2) This is NOT my take... it comes from the mouth of Von Miller, himself...

I'll quit jub-jabbering and let the multi-time all-pro discuss the much-maligned (at least on this board) Cody Ford:

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41085879-4

Thanks to Marcel Louis-Jacques for capturing a solid repeal to what this board (not all of you, but many of the trolls on here) has been saying about Cody Ford: namely that he's no good.

If Von Miller is complimenting Ford, then I'm beyond fine with Ford's performance. Sorry, Armchair haters, your negative opinions may not match reality... Also, I could be wrong, but Von Miller just MIGHT know more about football than you, and I highly doubt that he's a Bills homer...

#gobills #trollscaneatcrow #turnthepitchforksonthetrolls

• Like (+1) 4

I will be really interested to look when the all22 came out. But my instinct was Ford had a good game and that while the Bills helped him some, this was not the all day double team they employed a few years ago to keep JJ Watt quiet against Jordan Mills (think it was Rex era.... the game Clay won us late with the long TD from Tyrod).

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I know two things:

1) I will get flamed for saying this, on this board (sure: get your pitchforks ready, for me)

And 

I'll quit jub-jabbering and let the multi-time all-pro discuss the much-maligned (at least on this board) Cody Ford:

Thanks to Marcel Louis-Jacques for capturing a solid repeal to what this board (not all of you, but many of the trolls on here) has been saying about Cody Ford: namely that he's no good.

If Von Miller is complimenting Ford, then I'm beyond fine with Ford's performance. Sorry, Armchair haters, your negative opinions may not match reality... Also, I could be wrong, but Von Miller just MIGHT know more about football than you, and I highly doubt that he's a Bills homer...

What did you expect him to say,  let's see how they do in Dallas

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

What did you expect him to say,  let's see how they do in Dallas

What I do or do not expect is irrelevant.

My point is that Ford was starting to become a whipping boy for the trolls here. I let Mr. Miller's description of Ford's play speak in contradiction of what the trolls have been saying, and followed that up with the observation that Von Miller may know more about how well an opposing offensive lineman's play stacks up, than, say, some folks on this board. 

I'm literally just being a conduit for a well-informed opinion that directly contradicts the hateraide that has recently been served by certain factions on this board.

Call it public service.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I was thinking about this last night and was going to start a thread on it. Von Miller was a non-factor yesterday. I was VERY concerned about that matchup, and I never heard Ford's name called on the TV broadcast, which for an O-lineman, is a GREAT thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know this, Beane and Co. were very happy to get Cody Ford and their elation was not a consolation prize type of glee as their live reaction was shown after the Draft. People can dump on Beane all they'd like, but so far they've Drafted quite well, which team lends credibility to the selection of Ford until proven otherwise. That said, Ford has a long way to mature in his position but one of the things I like is that he has room to get stronger and bigger, in the muscular sense. Dawkins does too, and I've been surprised that he hasn't shown more gains in the strength department but he's playing well so - meh, if it works for him so be it. But Ford getting stronger, better at the OT position (as one poster noted above), and gaining NFL experience all bode well for him over the long-term. 

Dallas next week, in the Star and on short rest, will be a test for the entire team. I would not be surprised to see some regression - although I truly hope I'm wrong. On the upside, the Bills then have 10 days rest and preparation for Baltimore at home - which, second only to the *Pats will be their biggest test of the year. 

• Like (+1) 3

Cody Ford played very well yesterday against one of the best OLB/DE in the NFL. I would say this rookie is laying a solid foundation to become an ALL-PRO RT in the near future. Excellent draft selection by Beane.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He played well. It was a solid game plan with plenty of help for the OTs, the biggest of which was running the ball often and effectively. If the Bills had passed the ball 47 times instead of run it that many I don't think this thread would exist.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I know two things:

And 

Ford had a good game, but many of us would like to see some CONSISTENCY. We expect it from our QB, pass rush, TEs, we'd like to see it from our Oline too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

What I do or do not expect is irrelevant.

My point is that Ford was starting to become a whipping boy for the trolls here. I let Mr. Miller's description of Ford's play speak in contradiction of what the trolls have been saying, and followed that up with the observation that Von Miller may know more about how well an opposing offensive lineman's play stacks up, than, say, some folks on this board. 

I'm literally just being a conduit for a well-informed opinion that directly contradicts the hateraide that has recently been served by certain factions on this board.

Call it public service.

Denver is not a playoff team,  let's see how Ford does going against a top d-line playing for something.  It's great they have the record that they do and i am happy but they need to show they can beat playoff bound teams. The Dallas game is their first test and i am excited to see what they can do in a game that means something to the other team,

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Ford had a good game, but many of us would like to see some CONSISTENCY. We expect it from our QB, pass rush, TEs, we'd like to see it from our Oline too. 

Ford played well, be happy, or would you be happier if he didn’t, kinda comes across that way.... 

Go Bills!!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

17 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Denver is not a playoff team,  let's see how Ford does going against a top d-line playing for something.  It's great they have the record that they do and i am happy but they need to show they can beat playoff bound teams. The Dallas game is their first test and i am excited to see what they can do in a game that means something to the other team,

Denver I believe is the 3rd ranked defense, maybe 4th and Von Miller is a premier pass rusher. Denver is not going to the playoffs because they have no semblance of a qb. A playoff record doesn’t necessarily change the quality of the man lining up across from you. If he shut down Khalil Mack on the crappy Bears, would that prove nothing?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2